Our Store - 1 YEAR PROGRESS - Books Cards N Bikes - Lots of Traffic - No Sales

BooksCardsNBike
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Shopify Community,

Our Store: Books Cards N Bikes [ www.bookscardsnbikes ] - has had a LOT of traffic

[over 100,000+] but not nearly as many sales.

We've fought extremely hard to generate sales including 

A) Backlinks [Niche Backlinks + Do Follow Etc.]

B) Adding lots of products daily

C) Buying Traffic

D) Making the store With a Clear Call to Action

E) Descriptive Products

F) SEO Marketing

G) Audience targeting by Popularity [Book Buyers, Trading Card Buyers Etc.]

F) Formulating an online identity of what we have to offer to sell.

Just about everything that it would take to make a website blow up.

Hard work - no results.

If anyone can run a diagnostic check on everything about the site - 

and why customers are not buying but are coming around - that would be very helpful.

We have about 600 products up for sale: we were hoping that about a third of that

would be sold by now - it would cover a lot of the business costs and fuel us to get 

back on track - but there is no point in building a shopping mall in the middle of the desert

if no one is going to go to it.

"build it and they will come" is only reserved for field of dreams. it just isn't true.

Thanks

Team Books Cards N Bikes

BooksCardsNBikes
Replies 10 (10)

Ecommpremium
Shopify Partner
512 43 93

@BooksCardsNBike  Go for Google ads Performance max campaign is full tutorial 

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- 300+ Video Tutorials
-Website
BooksCardsNBike
Tourist
5 0 2

potentially solved - but we want to go more of a "money free" direction ...

BooksCardsNBikes

AliReviews
Shopify Partner
773 89 353

Hello @BooksCardsNBike ,

Boosting sales and increase the conversion rate is a long process require a lot of efforts. If you want to start with the store front design first, here is a few suggestions:

I. HOME PAGE:

1. Too much texts:

- Your banner has too much texts, this may annoy customers and make your store site looks not pretty. You can paraphase and make it shorter, we highly recommend you to make it only one line for the banner, other details can be listed in your products/ payment details

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.21.56.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.22.08.png

2. Banner image:

- Should design your banner with image include a link to your collection, add a CTA button to attract customers and increase the chance of likelihood to purchase.

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.26.52.png

3. Featured Products:

You can add a feature products section to list your potential items like this sample, this can boost your sales efficiently

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.29.22.png

4. Testimonials:

Add a testimonials section to increase your brand trust like this screenshot, these reviews can be imported directly from all available sources and you can design to make it shown on any pages. You can do this by use a third- party apps or services.

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.31.26.png

II. PRODUCT PAGE:

- These products seems like don't have a picture, you should add pictures to each products to create a better visualization and give your customers the overall looks for the products.

- Adding a star rate with reviews for every single products also a good way to boost your sales. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 11.34.08.png

III. PAGESPEED INSIGHTS:

One important thing is if your store site loading time is too long, people tend to quit and leave the site. You can improve the site speed by optimizing your images files, theme codes and remove any unnecessary codes or apps. Use a compressing tool to optimize your images files without affecting the quality.

Increasing the conversion rate and boost your sales is a long way require a lot of efforts and skill of using codes, don't worry, just take it slowly, you can improve your store site by yourself. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a nice day,

AliReviews

- Was my answer helpful? Please hit Like or Mark it as solution!
- Ali Reviews - The must-have Shopify app that empowers you to effortlessly collect, display, and manage product reviews.
- Start your FREE trial today!
BooksCardsNBike
Tourist
5 0 2

we've fixed a lot of those errors.

when new products come in - they are set to draft so there isn't a delay between uploading and having the pictures ready.

BooksCardsNBikes

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4164 935 1586

Hi @BooksCardsNBike,

This is Richard from PageFly – Shopify Landing Page Builder App and I would like to give some feedback on your Homepage.

PageFlyRichard_0-1678274926761.png

It lacks main components that a homepage should have. In fact, it looks and feels more like a collection page.

I would recommend adding (at least): a hero banner, a featured product, and a blog post section.

Hero banner

The main goal of a hero banner is to present the essential information to a user in a direct and impactful manner. 

Taking a look at the example below. The hero banner immediately let you know what they sell (sport leggings) and what they want you to do (shop now) – That makes a good implementation. 

PageFlyRichard_1-1678274926600.png

A good hero banner often includes:

• A heading text with your main information 
  • A short paragraph to add weight to your heading
  • CTA that tells buyers how to respond
  • A carousel for better interactions
  • Etc, you name it

Featured product

Visitors often recognize what is featured on your Homepage as your most interesting offer. Without it, you are leaving out a chance to showcase your product. 

That should be something you want to attract attention to, such as a painting from your latest collection, a product of a sales campaign, or anything that you want to boost sales. 

PageFlyRichard_2-1678274926507.png

Let's take a look at this section here, it is a good implementation of a featured product section that lies in the middle of the Homepage, introduces their Christmas sales campaign, and helps shoppers get a quick grasp of what they actually sell.

Blog posts 

Browsing further down, I believe that adding a few blog posts at the bottom of your Homepage can surely give your visitors some inspiration. 

Based on the products that you are selling (books, cards, bikes), find suitable topics to write about.

Take a look at how this student shopping business produce blogs on related topics:

PageFlyRichard_3-1678274926503.png

To customize your Homepage with ease, I also recommend using a Shopify theme, either free or paid. Themes give you optimized, pre-made layouts for all the sections that you lack (banner, featured product, blog posts) and many more. 

You could consider themes that are optimized for page speed, buyer experience and Google ranking such as Blum, Refresh, Dawn, etc.

Hope the feedback is helpful for you. Let me know if you have any questions!

Best of Luck,

– Richard | PageFly Team

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @BooksCardsNBike,

I am Gina from flareAI app - free sales machine, and I am here to provide assistance.

1. Consider adding a Home page link in the header menu.
While most users are probably aware that the logo is usually a Home link, certainly everyone doesn't.
2. Add an attractive banner or slideshow below the header section which helps the right visitors dive deeper into your website while also weeding out the people who won't find value in what you offer.
3. Add sections like 'New Arrivals', 'Featured Collection', 'Hot Sellers' to help keep customers updated on new products and give exposure to new collections.
4. Enhance your product pages by including a comprehensive and informative product description that highlights the key features and benefits of your product. This will entice potential buyers to make a purchase.
Everway Vision Card -P3- Marvel Trading Card – BooksCardsNBikes 2023-03-08 02-23-06.png
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional. Testimonials allow your satisfied customers to step forward and address the questions and objections that fill the minds of your prospective buyers for you.
6. A FAQ would be useful to provide quick information to help customers make a purchasing decision and also to reduce the time your employees need to answer simple questions.
7. Crafting an ideal SEO product title and URL can aid search engines in comprehending the nature of your merchandise and boost traffic to your website. Therefore, it's advisable to maintain a unique and specific product title and URL.
A CELEBRATION OF ... BY- RAY BRADBURY – BooksCardsNBikes 2023-03-08 02-26-09.png
8. Showing your average rating gives your shoppers quick information to make purchase decisions. Average ratings provide you with feedback on popular and unpopular products that you can use to make changes.
9. Add sticky header
Adding sticky header allow users to quickly access the navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements without scrolling up to the top of the page. They increase the discoverability of the elements in the header and the chance that users will take advantage of them.
10. Instagram link in the footer is broken. Also, for getting more organic traffic and sales, consider consistently posting on your social media.
Page not found • Instagram 2023-03-08 02-12-59.png
11. It's highly recommended to have images for all products in your Shopify store to attract attention, build trust and showcase your products also make sure your images are of good quality.
A NARRATIVE OF A JOURNEY TO THE SHORES OF THE POLAR SEA IN THE YEARS 1 – BooksCardsNBikes 2023-03-08 02-17-22.png

Hope this helps

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing

Rayshuggs
Globetrotter
561 35 83

Hey there I couldn’t access the store link for whatever weird reason but here’s some general advice I hope could help you out.

1) Ensure that there is a FAQ page to help address the needs of curious customers. You’d be surprised by how much some customers minds could change because of a simple FAQ page.

2) You mentioned earlier that you made the store with a clear call to action. In addition to that, you can try showing customers what others are doing in your store. This show of activity in your store could be the nudge some customers need in order to finally make purchases. You can perform this task by installing the Show Recent Orders App https://apps.shopify.com/show-recent-orders and using it for free. This app would help provide regular updates on happenings in your store at the top of the page.

BooksCardsNBike
Tourist
5 0 2

we've fixed the site so that it does not have subfolders.

you should be able to see it.

where are you viewing it from?

BooksCardsNBikes
BooksCardsNBike
Tourist
5 0 2

www.bookscardsnbikes.com

BooksCardsNBikes

fedgery77
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello there! I took a look at your website, and to be honest, it was a little shocking to me.

Which theme are you using? I would highly recommend going to the Shopify theme page you are using to look for ideas on how to structure your web site.

Your site is somewhat if a mish-mash of categories that really shouldn't go together. You're selling baseball cards and books...but also $150,000 artwork. There's not really a theme to your website so that people can clearly tell what you are selling.

The text on the site is overwhelming, mostly for product descriptions. And everything is all capitalized which is difficult to read.

Also there are so many random things on your website like the below:

"How It Works: you may leave a product review [Below] After Sale by Email. Reviews are Hosted By Stamped.IO. They Are Permanent Reviews that cannot be edited! [ We Just wanted to be sure.] "

What is all of that in brackets?!

"We don't answer the Phone" -----> that's actually on your "Contact Us" page. 

Also, you need to invest time into photography. There are blurry photos all over your website. Would you buy a $100,000 piece of artwork off a website that has blurry photos? Probably not. You would expect a pristine website that focuses on artwork.

You also have a "Keyword Hit List"....which is actually a link on your site! That is a HUGE no no from a Google standpoint and you might have already been penalized for doing that.

All of this leads back to the concept of trust. Your current website does not lend itself to one of trust where someone is going to feel comfortable spending $15,000 on book or piece of artwork.

In my opinion, you are really going to need to do your homework and research on how to sell on an e-commerce site as I believe you're probably a brick and mortar store attempting an online presence. That's going to require lots and lots of work on your end to build a website that builds trust.