Our visitors aren´t converting

Augustdyrberg
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi Shopify community

We are MARDA, a new sustainable men´s swimwear brand. www.mardaswimwear.com

We are currently receiving about 300 visitors daily on our site but with an extremely low conversion rate.

We really appreciate all the help we can get to get our conversion rate up and create more sales.

Thank you in advance

BR

August

Replies 17 (17)
Kofi-
Tourist
9 0 2

Hey! I love your store, it definitely looks and feels professional. I think your problem might be not getting to the right people to convert. Maybe try running ads through Snapchat and TikTok consistently, and build up Instagram. I think having a good Instagram is always an amazing Idea, especially in this case where you already have a great brand. I would definitely buy from there if I were looking for a swimsuit. Could I maybe have the name of the template/developer you use? As a web designer, I have a couple of suggestions. You might also want to start with influencer marketing, which will definitely help, especially in this niche.

I hope this is helpful!

Kofi

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Augustdyrberg,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

screencapture-mardaswimwear-collections-all-2021-06-21-13_41_59.png

PAID ADVERTISING
You have a very niche audience, you are targeting men who need swim shorts that also desire to purchase sustainable clothing. Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads so that you ensure you are getting the correct traffic to your store:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. 

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook (I recommend doing both). As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It’s has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
Hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @Augustdyrberg 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.
  • A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @AugustdyrbergThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some quick tips that you can implement to drive sales:

- Paid ads will definitely help you to drive a good amount of traffic to your store. 

- Make sure you are using email marketing automation. Run email campaigns and create a segment to target customers in a more personalized way. Email marketing is the key to promoting and growing your business, reaching your customers in real-time, increasing revenue, and selling more products than you would do normally.

- Run push campaigns. Add web push notifications, it turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

Missing Offers - You must show the offers and discounts banners on the store to collect emails and convert customers.

You need to increase engagement in your store which will capture your visitors and convert them into paying customers. Increasing engagement will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them which will also increase your customer retention 7 x times.

For implementing these marketing techniques, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you are looking for a Shopify expert to manage your daily marketing activities, I will be happy to help.

P.S- Free plan available, you can install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Augustdyrberg
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi @Kofi- 

Thank you for your great advise!

I will look into snapchat and Tik Tok advertising.

Influencers are already on the way

Regarding the developer i think the name og the theme is prestige and i made the design my self 🙂

Thanks again i really appreciate it !

All the best

August

Augustdyrberg
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi @Kofi- 

Thank you for your great advise!

I will look into snapchat and Tik Tok advertising.

Influencers are already on the way

Regarding the developer i think the name og the theme is prestige and i made the design my self🙂

Thanks again i really appreciate it !

All the best

August

Augustdyrberg
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi @EcomGeeks 

Thank you so much!

Augustdyrberg
Excursionist
15 0 3

Thank you @CutOutWiz 

Could you let me know where i find the star rating widget?

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

Thanks

Kofi-
Tourist
9 0 2
Try Looks
Kofi-
Tourist
9 0 2

Hey,

Sorry I didn't mention this earlier, however there is an amazing Shopify app called Shoppable Fashion Galleries. It's a free app that has paid plans that come with a seven-day free trial, but it packs quite a punch for it's nonexistent price tag! I think that it would work amazingly with your store. 

Heres how it works:

You have an image, and you put a couple of points on the image, say one next to the shirt and one near the trunks. If someone hovers over any of the points, they'll gat a handy little popup that tells them what product that is and an option to add it to the cart.

Sorry for the late response and I hope this helps,

Kofi

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello @Augustdyrberg 

I had look into your website, I observed few points on your website.

I was impressed by looking into your store which showcase your vision and passion towards your work, every thing looks fine ,But for getting good traffic and for attracting customers .I would like to suggest few points.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add Wishlist feature and recently viewed products feature. 

Product Review: There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review , so that customer can review on your products. In product page place product review to know more information about products ,which makes customer to buy .

As per promotion, Try  to add  social sharing feature in product page below the product to share directly .

Rewards & Credits: Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app Tuecus Customer Account page. It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.

Hope this will HELPFUL!

Thanks,
team Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
Augustdyrberg
Excursionist
15 0 3

Thank you for the great feecback and advice @Tuecus 

Atzoy
Tourist
10 0 2

Hey August, your page is awesome! so much that I needed to ask how did you make the accordion style description of the items? I´ve been tinkering with that but nothing as elegant as yours.

thanks

Augustdyrberg
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi @Atzoy 

Please send me a screen shot, then i will try my best to help you

Have a great weekend.

BR

Atzoy
Tourist
10 0 2

Hey August thanks for your reply, I´m attaching a screenshot of what I would like to do.

again thank you so much for your help

have a nice evening

Cheers

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-26 at 1.17.58 PM.jpeg

Augustdyrberg
Excursionist
15 0 3

Hi @Atzoy 

Arr now i see

I think it´s something that are available at the Prestige Theme on shopify.

BR

Atzoy
Tourist
10 0 2

Hey @Augustdyrberg , will keep on looking to see if I can find something to emulate that, but still thank you for you help 🙂

stay safe

cheers