Payment options for shopify store

larzyau
Excursionist
23 2 2

Hi all,

Hope you're safe and well. Grateful for any help you can offer on the below!

Our website is: www.larzy.com.au

I'm trying to install apple pay, google pay and shop pay and am having trouble ensuring all the payment systems are showing up as options in the shipping area on both mobile and computer. For example, once you click on your cart to have a look at the products you've ordered, on the mobile before you click 'check out' it offers the payment options of Shop Pay, Apple Pay and Paypal but not google pay. Then when you go through to the payment page, it only offers credit card payments of Visa, Mastercard, Amex and a Paypal option. GPay doesn't show up here either but I have a tick beside it in my Shipping settings. Is it normal for Apply pay and Shop pay to not be options here as well (in case a customer changes their mind how they want to pay?). Also the Paypal logo that shows on the first "check out" page has a yellow background but the one on the final payments page is the normal blue and white (not sure this bit matters so much, but just wanted to make sure as on other sites I see both as the blue and white logo).

When I try and purchase from our website on a computer, at the cart check out page it gives me the options of Shop Pay, GPay and Paypal (once again in yellow logo). There is no Apple pay option shown here. Then on the payments page, as per purchasing via the mobile, it only offers payment options for Visa, Mastercard & Amex and Paypal. There are no other options on this page (in case a customer changes their mind how they want to pay).

Hope this makes sense. I've obviously done something wrong somewhere, but I can't see where it's happened.

Thanks so much

Larzy x

Replies 4 (4)
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1161 77 185

Hey, @larzyau!

Not to worry, this sounds like expected behaviour from the checkout. Apple Pay, GPay, Amazon Pay & PayPal are all accelerated checkout methods that use dynamic checkout buttons to let the customer skip to the last stage of the checkout - this speeds up the process! These dynamic checkout buttons will read your device and online browser to show you the best method of payment. So if the checkout detects you are using Google Chrome on an Android phone, it will show you the option to pay with Google Pay or PayPal. For Apple devices or Safari users, they will be shown Apple Pay. Shop Pay will show to users who meet these requirements.

Customers who use pay via GPay/Apple Pay will have their billing and shipping information saved to their Chrome settings or their apple wallet on their devices. The checkout will read this information and auto-populate the checkout fields for the customer, which speeds up the checkout. This is why GPay/Apple Pay does not show at the final stage - they are intended to be a stepping stone to this stage but do not show if the customer gets to that page manually.

Also, the colour of the PayPal button is expected; it is usually yellow on the card and blue at the final stage! PayPal should show to Apple and Android users.

Hopefully, this clears things up for you! I'm happy to chat more if you have any questions.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

larzyau
Excursionist
23 2 2
Thank you so much! That all makes sense! You are a legend. Have a great say x
larzyau
Excursionist
23 2 2

Thank you for clearing that up Ava. You are a legend! Stay safe x

Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1161 77 185

Thanks so nice, thanks so much! Always happy to help. Pop back here if you have any other questions! 

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog