Payment options

Monique876
4 0 0

When will Shopify make their shopify payment option available to persons who own stores and are from the Caribbean? Pay Pal or requiring customers to sign up for PayPal is time consuming and is not very attractive!!! Furthermore,  it is so easy to use our cards to make a payment online or get reimbursements  but how is it that when it comes to setting up for payment it is an issue to receive payment? I have been trying to get assistance for a while.

Replies 4 (4)
Nia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
332 29 46

Hi, @!

We appreciate your patience in awaiting the release of Shopify Payments in the Caribbean! While we don't have a set date on when this will be made available in your country, I would suggest keeping an eye on our Shopify Changelog where you'll be able to keep up to date with new features released on the platform. We have a list of alternative payment gateways that you can utilize in the meantime that may provide a better experience for your customers until then.

You have also mentioned that you're having an issue with receiving payments, I just want to gather context here - is this regarding the PayPal gateway or is this an alternative payment gateway you're referring to?

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Monique876
4 0 0

Are these alternatives requiring the customer to register on an external payment platform in order to make a payment? That is the hassle I don't want for them.

Is it better to use my USA address then?

Monique876
4 0 0

If they are available ways to ensure that the customer has a seamless or should I say, easier way similar to that provided by Shopify payments I would appreciate it.

Nia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
332 29 46

Each third - party payment gateway provided above have their own policies and processes in place, so whether a customer would need to complete any additional steps would be better answered by the payment gateways themselves. You'll want to ensure the gateway you're integrating is beneficial for both your business and customers, so I highly recommend reaching out directly to the payment gateways themselves.

If you were to set your address to be one in the US, Shopify Payments will appear as an option for accepting credit card payments, however there are other requirements other than simply having a US address listed in the store. As an example, you could not use a US Shopify Payments account without having an account with a US banking institution, or without being a resident or citizen of the US. I would suggest reading through our Terms of Service for Shopify Payments to determine if you are eligible.

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog