pet-zone

stephen791
6 0 0

Hello guys

I have had this store (witch is a pet supply store for about two months now and I have gotten my traffic up to about an average of 100 to 200 visits a day.

I have a couple of reach to carts on a daily basis but as for actual conversions I have  nothing.

Am I doing something wrong and if so can anyone assist with ideas. I would be eternally grateful for any feedback.

My shop URL is www.pet-zone.co.za

Thank you very much in advance.

Replies 4 (4)
waytoapps
Navigator
483 41 196

Hello @stephen791 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Header section is Huge, organize header with minimizing empty space on it.

Make header sticky for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want. 

Expand hero banner to a full width. As it gives good impression when customer lands on the homepage.

Add shop Now(CTA) on Hero banner. On the hero banner customer should be able to click to navigate to the product page.

Add testimonials or reviews on the Homepage.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Organize quick links option on the footer section.

Make social links open on new tab.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There is no customer review option on the products. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
978 137 732

Hi @stephen791

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. Welcome to Shopify Community!

I have spent some time looking at your store and want to give you some feedback, hope it would be helpful to you:

I- Home page

- Just a small suggestion, I see the header is quite taking a lot of space on your page, and if possible, I'd recommend you remove the spacing at the top and bottom of the heading

RichardNguyen_0-1636287224830.png

You should make a sticky header- a fixed menu bar will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will not need to scroll back and forth anytime they need to visit a page.

RichardNguyen_1-1636287295315.png

Implementing Testimonials like Customer reviews, video testimonial,... should be taken into consideration since it is an effective way to expand your brand trust. 

- You could consider adding CTA buttons under Collection images to increase conversion rate.

RichardNguyen_2-1636287481287.png

II- Collection pages

I take this collection page https://pet-zone.co.za/collections/pet-toys as an example

You should include both the user rating average and numbers of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.

I would recommend you add secondary images on hover to add extra visual information and help users easily evaluate products.

III- Product pages

I take this product page https://pet-zone.co.za/products/fish-plush-catnip-pet-toy-that-emulates-the-beating-fish as an example. 

Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. You can consider displaying reviews on your product page in this case.

- When people purchase online, one of the things they would consider is whether the site provides Return Policy or not. Therefore, I would suggest you display or link to the Return policy on the main product page content. 

- You can consider adding upselling section on each of your product pages, for example, "People also like", "Also bought"...to boost sales.

Besides that, we have a lot of best practices and tips for conversion rate optimization on this guide. Hope you will be interested in.

You can also check out PageFly, we have brought solutions to over 100,000 merchants in the world, which you can build professional and beautiful stores effectively, without needing any coding knowledge.

Besides that, we have a lot of best practices and tips for conversion rate optimization on this guide. Hope you will be interested. 

P.S: BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page.

Best of luck!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

hori_tran
Shopify Partner
171 19 64

Hi @stephen791 ,

Hi, I visited your website. your products are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful

- Add Bestseller collection

- Show promotion and a great shopping policy on the top

hori_tran_0-1636345562235.png

- Add testimonials section: It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced.

- add realistic product images

- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site

- pop up chat and discount pop up

- Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help)

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YsfRzq)

- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.

- One thing I noticed while on your website, was that you have Powered by Shopify in your footer.

here is how you can remove that:

Step 1. Navigate to your Online Store > Themes section of your admin.

Step 2. In the Action drop-down menu next to your current theme, select Edit Languages.

Step 3. In the Search Translations bar next to Filter please type in "power".

Step 4. Under Powered by Shopify, in the text bar, just put in a single space. This will erase the Powered by Shopify. In the top right corner, select Save.

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
Gingerhus8
Tourist
4 0 2

I think the general color vibe is not good, it's dark. I suggest you should make it bright.

You are not showing more images, this is not good if the customers want to see more product images from different views. And you need to show customer's reviews as well.