plan to do student discount

Solved
prime_martau
Excursionist
15 0 5

Hi there is there a way that I can do student discount. How do I know if they are student or not? how to verify them. Especially if we don't have the database and we are trying to reach them.

Thank you

June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 86 50

Hi @prime_martau, very cool idea!

Before you can offer a students-only discount, you'll want to create a "Students" customer group. To do this, you can invite students to create a customer account, then sort your customers into groups. You're also welcome to use one of these apps instead to simplify your workflow: 

Without a secure system to verify student IDs, some businesses will require that students create their student accounts with a student email address

Once you've created your "Students" group, you can go ahead and create a student discount code by visiting the Discounts tab in your Shopify admin. The most important step here will be to assign the discount to your "Students" group only

06-26-47355-36062

Take a look at those steps and let me know if you run into any challenges!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

prime_martau
Excursionist
15 0 5

Thank you I will try that, but I need to pay the fee to use the customer tags and segments right?

0 Likes
Shopipro
Excursionist
15 0 2

Sure, you can do student discount by adding or installing an app that has the features.  You will know if they're student if only you will set the discount with code by age range and the verification will be very simple depends on your website settings. And if possible you can reach out to me here. Message me for more explanation. Thanks.

0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
289 86 50

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @prime_martau! Yes, each of the apps I shared above does come with a monthly fee, so they're definitely entirely optional. 

Have you had the chance to install either one? If not now, perhaps you can consider them down the road!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes