Please critique my store! Millennial seller from California

TheLaxLounge
4 0 0

TheLaxLounge.co 

3A5CF2B6-188A-4907-A158-12514BC89D3A.png

 Please critique and advise where I went wrong designing my store. Thanks shopifyers 

Replies 4 (4)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @TheLaxLounge,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

lax-lounge-01.png

PRODUCTS
Your title at the top reads "NEW Trendy Massage Products", however, when I look at your products I also see a charging stand, a bonsai tree, a gift basket and more.

screencapture-thelaxlounge-co-collections-all-2021-07-26-11_16_16.png

I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. It also makes advertising an absolute nightmare. Definitely don't want that for you so give our video a watch, we explain this exact issue and tell you how to fix it:

HOMEPAGE
You feature certain products but again, because you sell so many different types of products it's very confusing and disconnected. Again, highly recommend watching the above video.

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

CONTACT PAGE
The contact page is one of the core pages that should be on every website. Shopify has made creating a contact page with a form really simple, here is how to do it:

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

THEME
I’d recommend a theme change. I know it’s no small task, however, the visitor's first impression establishes whether they feel your store is trustworthy or not. I would highly recommend Debutify, you can download it for free or upgrade to one of their paid plans in order to gain access to their add-ons. They have 53 add-ons that will definitely save you money on monthly app costs. Some of my favourites are collection filters, custom currencies, delivery time and trust badges. We did a review on the theme in this video if you want to take a look:

PS: If you decide to give Debutify a try, here is our affiliate link: https://debutify.sjv.io/c/2837919/972143/12660

Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Debutify we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION TABS
To condense your product descriptions, you might consider adding tabs. In this video we show you how to do that (no coding!):

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @TheLaxLounge 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• Your store logo might need an improvement as a company’s Logo grabs attention, makes a strong first impression, and is the foundation of your brand identity. In your homepage, it is difficult to spot the logo as it is overshadowed by the banner. Try to post it either with a background or in a larger size so that it's visibility increases. 

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hey @TheLaxLounge 

Great Shopify store! Congrats on getting it up and running. 

Right off, I saw you can easily make your product pages much better by reducing text and adding banners on top of your add to cart button. This will reduce your product description text and allow you to highlight some important content. It also would allow you to guide your customers through product reviews, special deals and promotions and shortened descriptions. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 

Another way to increase traffic and conversion is to add a blog for SEO purposes that talks about your niche / space. I can definitely envision some great content on massage / reducing stress, etc. 

I would also have your top menu bar all line up across your site or on the side. It will look better and be easier to navigate on mobile as well. 

Hope that helps. 

Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
TheLaxLounge
4 0 0
Thank you so much great advice. This was designed on a mac. Any other critiques?