Please critique my store!

Peebles85
2 0 0

Hello community! I am very new to everything tech, web design, photography, clothing business, etc.

My professional experience is all hands on construction and equipment operating, so this is right out of my wheel house.

I have been able to drive some traffic trying a 7 day Instagram ad and then just organically getting followers, but my conversions are weak!

Where can I improve?

www.daderpillarapparel.com

I am kind of going for an unpolished look, so that heavy equipment operators can relate.

Thanks in advance!

Replies 10 (10)
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
713 68 272

Hi @Peebles85 

Congratulations on your new Shopify store. I have visited your store and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you!

• Homepage

Regarding the hero banner, I think you should add more images with a message and CTA button on it. The banner is one of the first things customers see on your site so it plays crucial role in showcasing what you sell and igniting customers’ curiosity about your products. A CTA button on the banner will lead customers straight to a specific product page and speed up their buying process effectively.

Additionally, you should highlight some of your best-selling products on your homepage. Most customers go to a website to explore more products, so make use of this opportunity to keep customers with your great offerings

• Add Instagram gallery on your Shopify Store

I see that you have a business Instagram account which is great to integrate your Instagram with your store. Turn your Instagram feed into a shoppable gallery and let your followers shop right from the posts. Displaying beautiful shoppable Instagram galleries throughout your site will aid in product discovery, inspiration, and sales. Link your Instagram profile to your store and convert your followers into customers. App Instagram Shoppable Feed can help you at ease and free. 

• Product page

Adding testimonials on your product page will be a good way to build trust and credibility from new customers. The majority of buyers are concerned about whether the products they purchase online are as attractive and high-quality as they appear on the website. As a result, previous customer feedback might have a significant impact on a potential customer's buying decision.

Offering product bundles is an effective upsell method that can help you boost sales quickly. Product bundles with discounts work well to motivate customers to buy more products. Most customers are willing to buy product bundles to get a lower total price so that you should not miss this chance by adding many bundles on your website.

If you want to add product bundles in your store at ease and free, try out this app Product Bundle Volume Discount 

That’s all my suggestions for your store. Please give me a like if you find them helpful to you.

Happy selling!

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 15.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
3782 749 788

Hi there, I would indicate some of points which you could improve: 

1. The background color:

The grey color is fine if it is lighter, as the text color (black) could not stand out => viewers would miss most of the message you try to convey in the front page - including your logo. 

2. The footer page

The "Did ya copy that" line is on purpose or you did it by mistake? 

You've mentioned that you use Instagram to lead traffic, thus you should put Instagram address and other social media channels here. 

fb 4.png

3. Add a favicon to your website. Having a favicon visible on customers' browser tabs, bookmarks,...helps your users save time by allowing them to identify and browse your website without difficulties. Moreover, if you don’t have a favicon on your website then you may miss out on the chance of being bookmarked on the Chrome browser, indirectly missing out on one of many search ranking signals. Also, A favicon will help users identify with your brand easily. 

4. The Shop/ product page: 

It should contain more high-quality pictures. Additionally, in the front page, the carousel form of your newest products is suggested in order to impress the customers about your shop's product diversity. 

fb 5.png

Add the CTA buttons: The CTA buttons will help you boost sales easily when it navigates the users to the corresponding collections best-selling products.

Add ratings and reviews:Actually, the consumers buy products online so they can't try them on or observe, touch them directly so reviews play an important role in customers' purchase decisions.

If you find my comments helpful, please mark as solution. Thank you and good luck!

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Have not had your Shopify store yet? Start the 14-day free trial HERE
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Peebles85This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here is the feedback on your store:

- Add a newsletter sign up box with automatic thank you mail.

- Add a separate page of privacy, shipping policy in the footer menu. 

- Issue with navigation - Make your store easy to navigate. Add a sticky header with a drop-down menu. If your store will be easy to navigate it will help you to reduce the bounce rate.

- Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Hope this helps!

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

Hi @Peebles85 

Thank you for sharing! 

Congratulations on your store - This is not totally bad for someone with little to no experience in design and web development.

Here are my feedback;

1. Add Shipping, Return Information, and Show Estimated Delivery Date -  Many customers don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and showing the Estimated Delivery Date helps users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order. Add the delivery-date estimate, or delivery-date range, within the product page, it should be close to your "buy" button. When viewing an estimated delivery day like “Standard Shipping — 4 business days. Get it by Sept 02”, Your customers will have more confidence to make the purchase. You should also add a link to your full shipping policy.

2. Change the background Image - you can go with a lighter shade of the current color

3. I will suggest showing your product variants on the collections page; this does not only improve the collections page aesthetics but helps showcase all the available variants to your customers while they are browsing the collection page. Your customers will not click through all your products to view the available variants, so been able to display them on the collection page is a huge plus for conversions.

Here is an example;

collinsmbaka_1-1629390088302.png

Some themes already have this option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it. Also, you can get the variant images on the collection pages option for free with the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1276 176 850

Hi @​​Peebles85

I'm Richard. Personally, I very much love your store design and the products look good.  But, here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and improve your store conversion rate. Please check out my comments below:

1. Have a well-designed and more attractive CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store as this is the first touch point  to get your users' attention, then urge them to make a snap decision about the site. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

When it comes to converting a visitor into the customer, it is all about the power of call-to-action that lets a visitor take the action that you want him to take. Putting an ordinary call to action button (like Buy Now/Buy/Shop) might not be effective in grabbing the user’s attention and encouraging him to make the final purchase.

Your storefront looks great. So, please take your time to work on a more effective and fantastic CTA button. 

2. Prices and heading alignment to center under product images in Collections page

RichardNguyen_0-1630426757855.png

3. Homepage.

High-performing ecommerce homepages share the following elements:

- Clear set of product categories, either in the header or sidebar section.

- Hero image (or image slider) featuring the main product or current offers.

- Curated presentation of recommended products, trending items, or product categories.

- Enter and exit pop-up or sticky offers for retention

To know more about high-performing Homepage, please read the details in this article

4. Collection pages.

Category pages help organize all your products and facilitate discovery. Digitally distracted customers want instant information, especially when they are on mobile devices. So you need to serve them with quick access to the products they crave.

Apart from being crucial for user experience, category pages also need to be optimized for SEO (search engine optimization). Incorrect parent-child relationships, can result in duplicate content and undercut your rankings in search results. Thus ensure that each category page:

• Has a descriptive, SEO-friendly URL.
  • Features unique texts for category descriptions.
  • Fits logically into your overall information architecture.
  • Features additional filters for sorting product suggestions.

If needed, you can learn how to create a well-designed unique collection page in PageFly's article here

As I can not add more in this post so you can learn more about it in this article. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): Best Practices, Tips and Case Studies. It's actually the ultimate guide which collects all rules of thumb I think you should know

And that's my feedback. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize a Shopify store from PageFly, hope it helps!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Peebles85,

A big congratulations on the launch of your store and product! When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

daderpillar-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I love the photo on your homepage, that being said, that main banner area is prime real estate for selling and there are a few things I'd suggest to help with your conversions
.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". WhiteHatJr is a great example of a banner that converts:

white-hat-jr.png

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. 

THEME
I know you said you are looking for an unpolished look but should you be open to it, I’d recommend a theme change. I know it’s no small task, however, the visitor's first impression establishes whether they feel your store is trustworthy or not. I would highly recommend Debutify, you can download it for free or upgrade to one of their paid plans in order to gain access to their add-ons. They have 53 add-ons that will definitely save you money on monthly app costs. Some of my favourites are collection filters, custom currencies, delivery time and trust badges. We did a review on the theme in this video if you want to take a look:

PS: If you decide to give Debutify a try, here is our affiliate link: https://debutify.sjv.io/c/2837919/972143/12660

Using our affiliate link helps support us at no extra cost to you by telling Debutify we sent you.

POD TIP
I'd recommend comparing several POD websites for which offers the best profit margins. We have done several comparisons on our TikTok account:
Hoodies: https://www.tiktok.com/@ecomgeeks/video/6981560079539539206?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
Mugs: https://www.tiktok.com/@ecomgeeks/video/6982997024115363078?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
T-Shirts: https://www.tiktok.com/@ecomgeeks/video/6980434086384913669?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
Hats: https://www.tiktok.com/@ecomgeeks/video/6990810694971067654?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

You can and may choose to have a different supplier for each product. When searching, compare Gooten, Printify and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

Printful: https://apps.shopify.com/printful
Printify: https://apps.shopify.com/printify
Gooten: https://apps.shopify.com/gooten

Also, here are some new POD products you might consider printing on:

I think you’d benefit from our free guide “5 Step Fix for High Traffic & No Sales”. In the guide we give tips for a profitable ad strategy, tell you how to generate free traffic, share design tricks to transform your Shopify store into a professional, trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and how/where to find winning products. You can download the free guide here. I’d also like to invite you to join our private Facebook group. We share winning products, dropshipping tips and you can interact with other members of the dropshipping community. Click here to join.

If you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @Peebles85 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.
  • Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
Peebles85
2 0 0

Thank you all for your detailed insight and professional suggestions! There is a plethora of value in these replies! So much it's almost overwhelming, it will take a few read throughs and Google sessions before I can completely wrap my head around each concept. Thank you all, I will reply to each very soon.

Thank you again!

Recom-ai
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

Hey @Peebles85,

To increase the probability of conversion and boost your average order value, try to get the most out of product recommendations. 

I’ve noticed that you already use the “You may also like” widget for product pages. But why not take all chances and show recommendations on the shopping cart page, checkout, and Thank You pages? By following your customers along their journey, you definitely have more opportunities to hit the target.

Add some incentives and offer additional products with discounts. This tactic is aimed at increasing your AOV (average order value) as customers usually can’t resist special offers and add products to the cart more willingly. 

You may also try the post-purchase upsell tactic by recommending relevant products after a customer has already completed the purchase. 

Test different formats of product recommendations display: popups, static blocks, sliders, to find out what works better for your store. In this article, you’ll find more info and ideas on how to grow sales with product recommendations.

If you need the solution to automate your upselling and cross-selling campaigns, you may consider the Recom.ai app. It’s extremely easy to set up and perfectly works both for web and mobile devices. The app offers ready-to-use widgets, quick customization possibilities, built-in analytics, and advanced tools for real-time recommendations and post-purchase upselling.

In addition, Recom.ai provides a free trial, so you can test it risk-free.

May your sales grow sky-high. Good luck!

- Boost sales with Recom.ai upsell & cross-sell recommendations app
- Official website Recom.ai
- Our Ecommerce blog to grow your business.
Dr_S
Explorer
64 1 17

Hi, @Peebles85

I review your store. it looks great.

I want to suggest to you some basic things that you have to addon to your store.

1. Add the Login button into the header. 

2. Add terms and conditions, shipping, return & refund policy, in the footer.

3. Add all header options in the footer menu.

4.  If you have visitors but not any sales then you can track your visitors using the Replay cat App. you can now watch your customer's screen recording videos directly.
it helps to increase the sales because you can find problems in your store.

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!