FROM CACHE - en_header

Please critique my very first Shopify store!

Lowie57
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to open this post!

I am just entering the e-commerce space, and I am launching my very first Dropshipping store on Shopify.

I have not done any SEO or Marketing on this store as of yet, I wanted to get it looking nice and professional before I got stuck in to that.

If anyone is able to head on over to https://www.modassi.com.au and take a look, tell me your thoughts, good and bad I would be so thankful 🙂

Replies 3 (3)
Growave
Shopify Partner
1565 54 438

Hi @Lowie57 

Congratulations on opening a new store and welcome to Shopify! All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. First of all, I would like to compliment your store design with its great design and visual appeal. You have done a great job. I would recommend you consider applying eCommerce marketing tools. Consider the following marketing features in order to increase your sales and drive traffic. I hope it will work for you.

• Implement Social Login 

Social Login provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account within one click through social media account. Attach Social Login buttons to let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. Gathered data could be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

• Make Menu Sticky

Make your online shop more user-friendly by keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website. Right now, the menu bar on the head of the store disappears when the user scrolls down which is not convenient. 

4.png

• Add Wishlist

A wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. Since you offer various artificial flowers and sizer options, adding a Wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

• Collect Reviews

I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Let your customers leave a photo or text review and be reminded whenever you prefer.

• Loyalty and Reward program 

It allows you to strengthen the customer relationship, increase repeat purchases and turn your customers into loyal advocates. You can include 1. points, 2. referral programs, and 3. VIP tiers. Motivate customers to spend more by rewarding them with points for leaving reviews, following on social media accounts, birthday gifts on their special days, etc. Attach referral links for your customers to share your products with friends and get rewarded for that. It will help you to gain more orders through existing customers. Also, keep your best customers engaged with VIP ranks and perks.

Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app contains 5 efficient marketing features for sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2881 398 1749

Hi @Lowie57 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I like how you have:

• Have a clear and CTA button on the banner
  • Have secondary hover images 
  • Clear structure 
  • Have clear Privacy and Refund information

Besides these things, I have some comments and suggestions for you:

1. First homepage section

• A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 
  • Your hero section background makes the text on seems hard to read. You might want to apply a dark overlay for that background image so that the text might be easier to read
  • The text + CTA button is a little bit lower than normal.  I think it would be better to be a little bit higher. (but it depends on you though)

2. Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

3. Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product review to the page in ease ways

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

4. Product Section

You should consider adding: review star

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 5.50.27 PM.png

5. Product Page

- The Product Images there are kinda blurry, you should consider to upload a better quality images

6. Display a minimum of 6 reviews by default and allow users to submit reviews

Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page (with a minimum of 6 reviews with the ability to “Load more” and allow users to submit their reviews.

If you want more flexibility to personalize your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope give us a try.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like. Thank you!

PageFly

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

Lowie57
Tourist
8 0 2

Thanks for the feedback on my store! Just a question about the sticky menu. When scrolling down the menu hides, but one click scrolling back up, or a slight swipe down to go up the page brings the menu in to view again, you don't need to scroll all the way to the top, is that not somewhat of a sticky menu?

I have centered my hero text and button, and added a 20% overlay. does this make is easier to read? Would this perhaps look better with a more vibrant hero image?

Also, I did want to add reviews to my products for sure, But I was thinking that since I have zero reviews, so every product would have no stars, would that put people off from buying, I imagine they would feel like the Guinea pig in a sense? 

Lastly in regards to testimonials, obviously genuine is preferred, but to start off with, can these be fictional testimonials, then replaced with genuine once I receive them?

Thanks again! I appreciate all the advice.