please help me!!!

Rotouel40
Tourist
5 0 2

I currently have a store on Shopify but I haven’t launched it yet. I need a few things to be done like taxes I want to add a new product or shirt I need to transfer my domain and I need to add long sleeve shirts because the developer only put pictures of long sleeve and I have no idea how to do it I’m new to Shopify and I’m not sure what I need to do

Reply 1 (1)
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 35 48

Hi @Rotouel40  - welcome to Shopify, and congrats on your new store!

I'd be delighted to help you out with getting your store ready for launch. The first thing I'd recommend is my favorite resource for any new merchant - our online course "Getting Started with Shopify". This covers everything you need to know from building your store layout, shipping settings to accepting payments! Definitely worth checking out. Let's take a look at each of your queries one by one:

1. Taxes: Although tax laws and regulations are complex and can change often, you can set up Shopify to automatically handle most common sales tax calculations. You can also set up tax overrides to address unique tax laws and situations. Shopify uses many default sales tax rates, which are updated regularly. If you use the default rates, then you need to confirm that they are current and correct for your particular circumstances. You can override them whenever necessary. Shopify doesn’t file or remit your sales taxes for you. You might need to register your business with your local or federal tax authority to handle your sales tax. The calculations and reports that Shopify provides should help make things easier when it’s time to file and pay your taxes. You can find our full tax set up guide here

2. Adding a new product:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.

2. From the Products page, click Add product.

3. Enter a title for your product, along with additional details.

4. Click Save.A video of the full process can be seen here

3. Transfer domain: A brief over of the steps for this is: 

1. From your Shopify admin, click Online Store > Domains.
  2. Click Connect existing domain.
  3. On the Connect existing domain page, click transfer in your domain.
  4. In the Transfer domain dialog box, enter the domain that you want to transfer to Shopify. Don't include www. at the beginning of the domain.
  5. Click Next.

If the domain isn't eligible for transfer, then a banner states that your domain extension isn't currently supported. I would recommend having a read over our full help document on this as there can be other steps depending on the type of domain you have. 

Thank you!

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog