Please review my POD store.

ostropolos
4 0 0

Hey guys, just wondering what your opinions are on my website.

According to shopify:

"Your store is getting a lot of traffic

Your traffic is in the top 10% of stores that launched the same week as you. Every visitor is a potential customer. Great work!"

All that is fine and dandy, but if I'm not making a single sale, it's a waste of time. I need some direction and I'm hoping you guys can help.

Thanks.

Replies 6 (6)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @ostropolos,

You are absolutely right! It's a common misconception to label high amounts of traffic as success. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

I will start by saying that clothing is a very saturated niche, it's very hard to break into. Why? Because when a person is searching for say, a t-shirt in Google, big, well-known companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone if you are an artist that offers a limited quantity of their works to be printed onto shirts. their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because 1. the product is unique, you cannot buy it elsewhere and 2. there are limited quantities 3. by purchasing from the artist, you are supporting a person instead of a large corporation. Take some time to figure out what it is that sets you apart and market yourself in that way.

The next thing I noticed was that you are offering a wide range of designs, you have gamer shirts, sports, fitness, kids and more. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. The issue here is that you are going to have a really hard time with advertising because you don't have a target audience in mind. Without a target audience it will be left to general targeting and that those types of ads produce high amounts of traffic but usually few or zero conversions.

Speaking of products, when I go to Shirts, the links show up as a really long vertical line.

sakuraprints-meny.png

I'd recommend moving some of those links horizontally as well. We have a video showing you how to do that:

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO for each product. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words, you have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. With this product, you have it named "Duck in Style" which is a fine name, but not for SEO. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

hailey_luu
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @ostropolos 

You have create a high quality store in terms of design, content and reasonable pricing, I believe you will have sales soon, just a matter of time.

But I also have some ideas to share with you, hope it can help:

- Add secondary hover image or image magnifier, so when visitors hover on the image, they can see it in a different angle or view it closely to see the details: Those effects can make your page more interactive and give you a second change to impress customers.

hailey_luu_0-1610424501930.png

- You can test the idea of adding a testimonial section where shows the reviews or picture of someone uses your product to increase trust

- Browse your store on mobile: I found that there was a huge blank screen if I tried to see the Product submenu, I needed to scroll down to see products

hailey_luu_1-1610425259581.png

- Check your cart page: there are 4 buttons, and all of them are big and bold, if I am a shopper, I would feel very confused about which one should I choose. My recommendation is choose 1 button, for example, Check Out button as the primary button and make it biggest and boldest of all.

hailey_luu_2-1610425486941.png

- If possible, I think live chat is worth trying, when store visitors have any concern, they can chat with you right away and by talking with your store visitors, you can persuade them to buy or understand the experience of them on your store and improve it.

I hope those ideas can be useful. If they are, please give me a 'like'. Thank you very much and I wish you best of luck!

ostropolos
4 0 0

Thanks @EcomGeeks and @hailey_luu for your input.

- I specifically disabled the zoom in function because the images were blurry once zoomed in due to improper compression I'm assuming. For some reason they weren't downloading at a high quality from placeit 😕
- I think the reviews is the biggest issue to be honest and I'll be adding an app for that
- Thank you for reporting the broken menu to me, I fixed that bug.
- I'm not sure what to do about the payment options, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

All in all, I added the mega menu, will be adding more mockups and will be adding a review app, I'm not too worried about SEO right now as I'm getting my traffic through Facebook. Thank you for all the tips!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @ostropolos

I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion, here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the home page. 

- Showcase reviews on the home page, product page to build trust with other visitors. 

- Give product recommendations to your customers. Add a section of trending, new, recently viewed products.

You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

If you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
mufeedAZIZ
Excursionist
35 5 10

hey @ostropolos , i checked your website, i have mentioned few things you can do which can help you increase the sales of your shopify store :-

In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic.

Send abandoned cart emails If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase

Adding product stickers /trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase

Thank you,
Mufeed Aziz
2-b
Shopify Partner
46 13 55

Hi @ostropolos,

A POD store is indispensable as a watermark. With a beautifully designed and creative watermark, maybe this will be the part to help you impress your viewers strongly. In addition, the copyright stamping on the product image is also considered a creative highlight of your store.

You can refer to Super Watermarks app to make it.

key-benefit-1.png

Was my reply helpful? Click like or mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!