Plenty of traffic, very low conversion. Suggestions?

AmandaCarp-BOS
2 0 2

Hello!

My site has been up for a little while and is getting decent traffic. I get random conversions, but relatively very little sales.

I'd appreciate any feedback you have to offer.

www.blueowlshop.com 

Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 242 734

Hello @AmandaCarp-BOSThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. 

- Create a drop-down menu in the header menu. 

AiTrillion_0-1632200790682.png

- On hovering the collection shown in below screenshot, it will be great if you will add shop now button and add high quality product images. 

AiTrillion_1-1632201174890.png

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps building trust with other visitors. 

Some tools that you are missing out in your store to make it conversion optimized:

• Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.
  • You can add a giveaway popup to attract more customers & increase the brand presence. 
  • Add web push notifications which will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them into paying customers. Even more astounding, this can increase customer retention by 7x times. This will clearly impact your retention.

You can add the above tools in your store to engage the customers and converting them into paying customers. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
1985 330 405

Hi @AmandaCarp-BOS,

Here are my suggestions for you:

1. Make a sticky menu bar

Firstly, you should make the menu section sticky to create a more convenient navigation experience for the site visitor. They don't have to scroll up to access other pages displayed on the menu bar, after scrolling down.

2. Integrate live chat feature with your website

You haven't installed the live chat feature on your website so I suggest that you should do it. It is an effective communication channel to help you improve the conversion rate. According to Shopify, "Merchants that respond to a customer's chat within 5 minutes are 69% more likely to get a sale from the shopper." When it comes to the live chat app, please check out Tidio or Reamaze.

3. Add quick view feature

Quick view is a great feature that helps the site visitors to hover over your products and add them to their carts immediately on the homepage and the collection page. Using this functionality will help you shorten the purchasing process of your potential customers => convert leads into your customers more quickly. Smartviewer could be a great quick view app for your selection.

4. Abandoned cart recovery

Baymard Institute has shown that "69.57% of online shopping carts are abandoned"? This is a huge number so don't forget to follow up with shoppers who abandoned their carts on your website and turn them into your customers. Email follow-up is a good choice and you can check out Klaviyo or Avada for this.

5. Introduce your business professionally

I didn't see you introduce your business on your online store, and this could make the site visitors feel confused. Therefore, you should let them know who you are and what values can you bring to them. by creating the 'About Us' section on your homepage. In addition, it will also make your website become more professional.

6. Use the sales off strategy

If your conversion rate is low, try to apply the sales off strategy to improve it. You could try to discount 5-10% for each item . Use the countdown timer to create the urgency and encourage the site visitors to take action more quickly. Please take a look at this app.

Hope these help

If you find my answer helpful for you, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
976 136 730

Hey  @AmandaCarp-BOS

I’m Richard Nguyen - CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. Your store looks good and I think that's why you have a huge traffic. But here I want to add some comments to help you skyrocket your sale growths: 

The big problem here is that all the CTA buttons aren't effective. They should be more pretty and well-designed, but they’re nearly unusable.

Helping visitors understand why to take the next step can have a huge impact on your conversions—and making the wisdom of that action clear is exactly what great CTAs that follow call to action best practices do.

At the Unbounce Boston Road Trip (2018), the Toast VP of Marketing cited a study where adding a single, focused CTA to an email campaign increased sales by a staggering 1,617 percent.

Here are 10 ways you can learn from for creating an kickass CTA

Based on what I have collected from our customers while interviewing them for increasing sales. Please note that It's no need to apply all those stuffs here as it has a lot to do, you should choose the right one which is tailored with your time and resources; 

• Use customer testimonials on home & product pages
  • Use exclusive discounts to grow your email list
  • Develop engagement-driven Email Drip Campaigns
  • Send Abandoned Shopping Cart email
  • Use Push Notifications to Boost Sales
  • Use A Customer Loyalty Program 
  • Set up Upsell/Cross-Sell at checkout
  • Implement a Customer Referral Program
  • Provide 24/7 Live Chat to Support customers worldwide
  • Create Kick-Ass CTA (Call-to-action)
  • Offer personalized product recommendations
  • Focus on your storefront user experience
  • Get referrals from your existing customers
  • Offer free shipping on order minimums
  • Write Product Description that sells

Tips: You can use Product Description Generator Tools to create hundred of content descriptions at ease

• Add subscriptions boxes to your online store
  • Add a pre-order option to your Shopify store for out-of-stock items
  • Create and sell personalizable and customizable products
  • Leverage Buy Now, Pay Later Payment option 

You can learn more sale growth in this article: Ramp up your Shopify Sales with simple ideas

My personal note: If you want to do more customization for your store to increase conversion rate, you can consider using a Shopify page builder. And PageFly, Advanced Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat is a great app that helps you easily customize your Shopify pages and make it more attractive.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like. Thank you!

Richard - PageFly

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
404 28 152

Hello @AmandaCarp-BOS 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Consider, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
Nia
Shopify Staff
175 15 24

Hi, @!

Thanks for reaching out about this!

I understand you've had a great percentage in traffic to your website however the conversion and sales are low. There are a lot of factors to take into account related to low conversion rates however an important aspect you will want to look into specifically is building trust with your customers. This is a key factor so you will need to do everything you can to showcase your product’s quality and your dedication to customer service.

I have taken a look at your website and would like to recommend adding both an About Us and FAQ page.

Having an About Us page is an opportunity for your customers to get to know your business and the story behind it. This also allows your business to be seen as more personable to the customers. You can look to answer questions such as -

• If it is a private, public or family-owner business?
  • What are the core values of your business
  • Why did you start this business?
  • What makes this business special?

These are great questions to think about which will make for a great section of the About Us page.

The FAQ page is a great asset to have on your website as this improves the experience of your customers on the site. One of the reasons why a customer may leave your website without making a sale is due to having an unanswered question or having difficulty navigating around the website to find their solution. If you have the most commonly asked queries in one place, this will make the process smoother for a customer thus contributing to your conversions and sales.

Overall, your website looks great. I love that you have stuck to a colour palette of blue & yellow and also you have clear images of your products. If you are active on Instagram, I would also recommend adding the app Insta Feed which syncs with your Instagram profile so all your posts also appear in the home page of your website. This will also contribute to customer trust and interaction!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog