Proud to have launched my swimwear brand this Summer! What do you think of my store?

SylwiaK
Excursionist
21 0 7

Hey guys,

I am really proud to announce that the brand I always dreamt of launching has become a reality.

Sunetmoi.com is now open and I am grateful for the help I received by the Shopify community on the website-creation journey.

Now that the store is live, I would like to have some feedbacks on the overall look of the store as well as your view on the general user experience. 

Is the website easy to use? Is everything readable and loading fast? Is it also mobile-friendly?

I am currently working on the SEO side of the shop so that the store pops up as high as possible in the Google search. However, comments about SEO are also welcome!

I am looking forward to hearing your opinions and most importantly your advices which would mean the world to me.

Thank you for taking your time and I wish you a great start to the week.

Sylwia from Sunetmoi

Replies 17 (17)
Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
190 9 62

Hello @SylwiaK ,

I had viewed your website shortly and here are some of my points that I hope useful and you can implement on it easily.

Use All Gallery Image sizes are in equal.

Show differentiate on specifications and description under production.

Rating and Reviews:  Customer reviews are fixes the value of of product, And these will decides the your business growth. These will helps to increasing of your customers.

Add Testimonials: Creating a genuine testimonials are trust worthy. This is the one kind of marketing communication b/w customer and business person. So you can add efficiently.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

Trust Badges: Trust badges your visitors know that your page is legitimate and that any data they share will be collected through secure third-party service providers. Your customers feel they can trust your website, And they are more likely to make a purchase.

I hope you will catch my point.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

Hi @SylwiaK 

Congrats on your new store. I'd be happy to take a look and give my feedback.

I think your store is well-designed and easy to use, I also checked the mobile version and the mobile user experience is great. I will say your store is ready to hit the market but I have some suggestions for possible improvements.

Homepage:

- Use Accordion to break and reduce the product description on the homepage. This will make the add to cart button and product image align. This will make the products you have listed on your homepage to be neater and offer a better experience for your customers

collinsmbaka_0-1629118233610.png

- Engage with your customers and visitors: I will suggest adding a live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have to better understand what they actually want. If you added a live chat that launched after 90 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “What stopped you from checking out today?” may help you uncover some valuable insights. The idea here is to understand why a visitor isn’t engaging or converting to then work on fixing the issues.

Add customer reviews and testimonials

- Page speed
While I was checking the store, I noticed the speed was somehow slow. Especially the collection pages, it took a while for the images to load. I did a pagespeed test and here are the results. I suggest running the test and trying to use the suggestions to improve the pagespeed.

collinsmbaka_1-1629118979492.png

Collection Page

- Add a Quickview and AddtoCart button on the products on your collection and home pages: Having a Quickview button option on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to view more of your products. When they are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase.
Most themes already have a Quickview/Quickshop option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it. 
Also, you can get the Quickview/Quickshop option for free when you install the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.

I hope you get useful insights from this feedback!

Best of luck and cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
ridoyislam
Tourist
8 0 5

I saw your website. Looks good but you need to improve it like Page speed. However as you mentioned you need help about SEO so I am now writing about that. First create a google Business profile, Facebook page, Instagram, Pinterest, twitter for your website. Start posting about your products and always keep your Website Name , Phone and address same. For On site SEO - Keep your main keywords in Heading 1 and Try to use H2, h3 also. Add meta data from SEO section from page and products. After finishing the On page index your site to google search console and Exchange link with other sites.  Slowly it will start getting organic visitors from search engine. If you found my tips helpful do a like my comment also If need any help feel free to ask me. 

SylwiaK
Excursionist
21 0 7

Hey @Dropshipmate ,

Thank you for taking the time to check my shop.

I had a look at your suggestions and they all make sense.

I just added a review app so that customers can leave their reviews and comments on my products.

The blog idea sounds very cool to me as well so I am going to work on that.

SylwiaK
Excursionist
21 0 7

Hey @collinsmbaka ,

I really appreciate that you took the time to check out my store.

Your suggestions are great and I am going to try and apply them to my store, starting with the live chat.

When it comes to the live chat, do you recommend an app in particular? I saw one but it was pretty expensive and I don't feel like I should be paying expensive subscriptions (at least for the moment since I just launched the store).

Also, thank you for mentioning page speed. Now I can have a look at the speed of every page of my store for different devices.

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @SylwiaK,

That's really exciting! A big congratulations on launching your brand & store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

sunetmoi-01.png'

NEWSLETTER
I don’t recommend having your newsletter pop up upon landing. The reason being is that at this point the visitor hasn’t even had a chance to look around and see if they are interested in what you have to offer. Instead, I’d recommend adding a pop up perhaps at checkout or when they add something to cart and then have your offer for 20% off or offer a secret discount that will be between say 10%-40% off.

PHOTO SPACING
I would recommend adjusting your photo spacing, there is quite a large gap in between each one. You will notice that especially on mobile, it's taking away space that could have been used to show a larger photo of the product instead.

sunetmoi-02.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @SylwiaK 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product.  It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hi @SylwiaK 

Ahhhh Awesome Shopify store and congrats on getting it up and running! 

• I would focus on ensuring your product photography is on more of your product pages - that would show your customers using the product. Some lifestyle content will help as well. 
  • Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly, definitely an overlooked spot
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • add a blog that would be a cool way to add some organic traffic and feature some collabs
  • I would also add some customer reviews, of course as you get them 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
190 9 62

@SylwiaK  It's my pleasure:)

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @SylwiaK 

First of all - congrats on opening your first store, it looks great! 

I think the overall look and feel is great, I love the design and the product and that you have added a brand story and direct link to your Instagram page. Having working in the e-commerce industry for years, here are a couple of things and improvements you could implement: 

Language: some of the text appeared in Polish still, when translated to English, not sure if it was just for me, but perhaps worth checking 🙂 

VitaF_0-1629202655026.png

FAQ page and Customer Support: 

I noticed that you don’t have an easy way to reach customer service. You do have a “contact us” button, however, to make it extra clear for the customer you could add a specialized “customer support” section. Understandably, when doing everything on your own as a start-up, time can be tight. Therefore, I recommend adding an FAQ section, so your customers can self-serve and help themselves first. Customer support isn’t always needed, and you could provide answers to most common questions there. 

Shopify offers several free Shopify FAQ builders, such as HelpCenterApp, and customer support applications that are simple, easy to download and integrate, without any previous coding knowledge you can implement it on your page in 10 min or less. 

Let me know if you have any questions - happy to help you further! Feel free to contact me 🙂 

Best,

Vita

Helpcenterapp
SylwiaK
Excursionist
21 0 7

Hey @VitaF 

I really appreciate your feedback. 

You are right, doing everything on your own is very time consuming but it makes me extra proud!

I will take care of the untranslated copies. That's not always easy to see when you're working alone.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to check my store.

Best regards,

Sylwia

SylwiaK
Excursionist
21 0 7

Hi @EcomGeeks 

You just gave me a hell of an advice!

Newsletter

I am going to try and add the newsletter pop up someplace else. I understand that this could be a little intrusive for the reasons you mentioned.

Photo spacing

I will also work on the photo spacing to make it tighter. Maybe that will also save some loading time and therefore the store speed will increase?

Logo

When it comes to the logo, I actually have one but I thought that the text one looks good. I will take note of your argument and work on implementing it as I believe that will for sure look more professional.

SEO

For that part, I contacted a local company to take care of it. Since I am new to this business it is difficult to do everything on your own, even more do it good! 

The company will take care of all SEO aspects of the website, from positioning to user experience.

Advertising

You made a great point with the influencers. My idea was always to generate traffic on my store, no matter the user. I believe that bringing in potential customers interested in your niche should be the way forward for myself.

Marketing

The only presence Sunetmoi has is on Facebook and Instagram. I am not at all familiar with TikTok but I believe it is a fast growing social media platform with lots of potential.

According to Statista's report on the amount of active users among social media platforms, it seems that Facebook is on top with 2.8 billion users. TikTok has over 700 million users and I believe it is the fastest growing social media platform since I barely knew the app last year.

Therefore, having a presence there is primordial since potential customers might be waiting there.

In a nutshell, I really appreciate your analysis and amount of great suggestions.

I wish you well and immensely thank you for your involvement. 

Regards,

Sylwia

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @SylwiaK,

Really glad to hear you found the feedback helpful. 

There were a few things you mentioned that I'd like to comment on.

"My idea was always to generate traffic on my store, no matter the user. I believe that bringing in potential customers interested in your niche should be the way forward for myself."

Yes, good call! At this point we've reviewed over 1000 stores and this one of the most common issues we see. People tend to post that they get high traffic and no sales and it does have several factors but getting incorrect traffic is a big one. It helps with paid ads to develop "customer avatars" so you know who to target. I'd recommend doing a Google search on "customer avatars" or "ideal customer avatars" to help you nail down exactly who you are selling to. 

"I am not at all familiar with TikTok but I believe it is a fast growing social media platform with lots of potential."

I definitely recommend downloading the app and taking some time to familiarize yourself with the current trends that are going on. The trends change often so it's important to be active and know what sounds are trending and what skits to do for the sounds. Essentially, you want to offer helpful content that will serve your ideal customer. Hopping on sound trends and adapting the skits to fit your business will help you get a lot of eyes on your content. We have personally seen growth happen much faster on TikTok than any of our other social platforms. 

Wish you all the best Sylwia! Take care :).

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

Sliders cause banner blindness, divide the user’s attention, and every test I’ve seen shows that they hurt and never help conversions.

They are next to useless for users and get ‘skipped’.

Check out a study by Notre Dame University web developer Erik Runyon.

Their slider received a click-through rate of barely 1% and 90% of those clicks were on the first image.

Beaconfire conducted a similar study with four different clients’ websites. The CTR on these four sites was well under 1%, and again, the first slide in the rotation got the dominant amount of clicks.

I would change that to a Hero image with a call to action that touched on a problem that you solve.

This will also help with your load times because you're hitting 7.5 seconds for a fully loaded site and to rank your site on Google it needs to be fully loaded in under 2 seconds.

And the footer link to Instagram is also hurting your pagespeed and ranking. Your bleeding rank juice off your site.

The idea is to get traffic from those sites to your site and not to send traffic from your site to those sites.

Your website takes 7.9 seconds to fully load and 2.3 seconds for the first content paint.

To not get a penalty the first content paint needs to be under a second and fully loaded in 2.

Google says 53% of mobile users abandon sites that take over 3 seconds to load.

Google also limits the number of crawlers if your server is slower than two seconds.

And Google doesn’t like to rank websites that take longer than 3 seconds to fully load on the first page of results.

Amazon showed they would lose $1.6 BILLION a year for every one second slow down.

Walmart said when they improved page load time by one second conversions increased by 2%.

Get rid of all the social links, they could get you fined and they are going to kill your conversions, load times, and SEO.

Optimize your images for both load times and SEO. There is a lot less competition for ranking images, you can start there and bring that link juice back into your site and focus on the organic rankings from there.

SylwiaK
Excursionist
21 0 7

Hi @CartTurbo 

It is not the first time that I see that the sliders on homepages are, most of the time, a disadvantage rather than an improvement.

Therefore, I decided to let go the idea of having a slideshow on my homepage and decided to keep just a hero image with a CTA button.

When it comes to the speed of my store, I have compared it with the help of PageSpeed Insights with other stores operating in the same field (created with Shopify, WordPress,...) and it seems like my store is doing fairly better. In fact, my store's speed was about twice as fast compared to others. 

What I don't get is that I removed one picture from the slideshow on the homepage, reduced the size of almost all the pictures on the website as well as removed an unused app and the speed score doesn't seem to have changed much.

Is there a logical explanation as to why? Maybe I did something wrong there?

Best regards,

Sylwia

VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 25

Hi @SylwiaK - no problem, happy to help! 🙂 

Best,

Vita

Helpcenterapp
CartTurbo
Pathfinder
89 4 25

Hi Sylwia,

It is not the first time that I see that the sliders on homepages are, most of the time, a disadvantage rather than an improvement.

Therefore, I decided to let go the idea of having a slideshow on my homepage and decided to keep just a hero image with a CTA button.

I'm not seeing your call to action and what I would do is add a call to action with an image of a girl looking in the direction of the call to action.

And make the call to action a problem most people face when purchasing bathing suits.

When it comes to the speed of my store, I have compared it with the help of PageSpeed Insights with other stores operating in the same field (created with Shopify, WordPress,...) and it seems like my store is doing fairly better. In fact, my store's speed was about twice as fast compared to others.

The tool that Google will be using to rank your website will be their tool and their tool gives you a 50 and says your site takes 7.8 seconds to fully load.

Google said your site needs to have the first content paint in under a second and be fully loaded in under 2 seconds.

And while I've not personally checked, I read an article where the author claimed to have not been able to find a website that took longer than 3 seconds to load on the first page for the search results.

And that is who you should be comparing your times too ...

Compare your time to the times that currently rank on the first page for the keywords you're wanting to rank for but also understand your job ...

If you look at all the businesses that are currently disrupting industries, the one thing they all have in common is that they're trying to save us time.

Speed outsell everything.

You can have a car pick you up in five minutes.

A pizza delivered in 20 ...

Groceries in 60 ...

Answers to any question in 0.3 seconds because at 0.5 Google saw a 20% drop in traffic.

Content on demand with Netflix and Spotify.

Friction is anything you put between someone and the completion of a task. It can be anything from waiting for a website to load, to clicking to find a product.

Friction equals time and time equals money.

So you are in the business of removing friction, which means making things as fast and easy as possible which in turn saves you time and money.

Companies went from counting days, to hours, to minutes, to milliseconds, with the goal of getting to zero.

And comparing yourself to sites that are not ranking for competitive keywords in your industry does a disservice to you, your customers, and your business.

For example your images aren't even optimized to rank or load correctly.

Take all your image sizes and optimize them correctly.

If you look at your competition none of them have their images optimized correctly.

Now you could say then there is no reason to optimize your images either.

Personally I’ve never seen a website that had its images optimized correctly.

Resize all of them to their correct size and optimize them for speed.

Done correctly it’ll pay for itself because images are normally easy to rank, because nobody has the time to optimize them correctly.

Name the folder you want to rank for and name every image a keyword you want to rank for.

Add good descriptive alt text with the keyword you want to rank for included in the text.

This will improve web load times and intern improve Google rankings.

And then optimize your descriptions with a call to action and use the 325 character limit because the idea is to rank the images, the site, and make it pay for itself.

Done correctly and you'll see an increase in traffic!

And the reason you want to do this and hope that the competition doesn't is because of its free traffic, sales, and more profit for your business than any paid advertising.

What I don't get is that I removed one picture from the slideshow on the homepage, reduced the size of almost all the pictures on the website as well as removed an unused app and the speed score doesn't seem to have changed much.

Is there a logical explanation as to why? Maybe I did something wrong there?

Adjust your images according to this tool https://webspeedtest.cloudinary.com/ and then run the test again and see what you get?

Also did you remove all the code, any apps, scripts or anything else that had to do with the slide?