Recovering my Shopify Account

cbdpetadvisory
2 0 1

I have been trying for months to pay for my Shopify account and reactivate it, to no avail.

When I go to my website, it's still up.  her-miracle.myshopify.com it even sends me a recovery link but won't let me in!

How do I get my site back? 

Help!!!

Replies 3 (3)
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
928 82 171

Hey, @cbdpetadvisory!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'd be glad to help you get back into your website. I visited the link you shared, and I can see that your website is still live. One thing that stood out to me was that you mentioned you are trying to pay for your account and reactivate it. Stores are only live if they are actively being paid for with monthly hosting, so I wonder if you are trying to access the right account?

Visiting our recovery link will email you a list of all stores you have associated with the email address you enter. If your store doesn't appear, then it's possible you signed up with a different email address. 

Another easy way to access your store is to add /admin to the end of your store URL. For you, this would be http://her-miracle.myshopify.com/admin where you will be prompted to enter your log-in details, and given the option to click "forgot password".

You mentioned you are receiving a recovery link, but that it won't work. If you requested more than one, even by accident, you will need to use the latest recovery link. Browsers are notorious for remembering expired recovery links, so a great tip is to use an incognito window when accessing your recovery link

Let me know if that works.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cbdpetadvisory
2 0 1
Hi Olivia,

Thank you! Emma was able to help me. You're right! I have been current on my payments. There was just a glitch but she handled it.

My problem now is that I keep getting the attached message. Your Shopify account is on hold.

How do I get them to release the Hold? It can't be because I'm selling CBD for pets because I know several Shopify accounts that are selling CBD through their website. Please help me. I'm out of business if no one can make a purchase.

Help.

Thanks
Cassondra
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
928 82 171

Oh good, I'm so glad you were able to access your account @cbdpetadvisory.

While Shopify does support a broad range of products within our Acceptable Use Policy, our Terms of Service for using Shopify Payments to transact payments for your products is different. Refer to Section B.5 for prohibited businesses for further clarification on industries we cannot support, and remember to consult with legal counsel when in doubt.  

If you take a look at our documentation on Selling CBD in the US, you will notice we ask that you set-up a third party payment provider to support your business:

Shopify Payments is not available for hemp or CBD products at this time. However, Shopify has partnered with third-party payment gateways that support the sale of certain hemp and/or hemp-derived CBD products. The requirements for approval may vary for each gateway. Review the requirements and apply directly to any of these gateways using the following Shopify-specific links:

With that being said, when your Shopify Payment account is restricted or put on hold, you will be contacted directly by our Business Operations team via email. Please search your inbox for communications from them since the time you opened your account for further clarification.

Don't forget to set up your third-party gateway to make sure you can continue to make sales as well. 🙂

Let me know if any other questions come up.

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog