Requesting feedback on my new store

Solved
vps124
1 0 0

Hello community. I started my new POD store, dcurious.com, a few days back. I have not started with paid ads yet. So, daily visits of 8-10 people are there with no sales yet. I want a complete feedback on my store before going for the paid ads. Please suggest me ways of improving my website working and lookwise. website URL: DCurious.com

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
923 95 157

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @vps124.

Thanks for reaching out.

While I was looking at the store I also noticed that you do not currently have a Favicon set for your website. A favicon is a small square image that represents a website in web browser tabs. If you take a look at the top tab bar of your browser right now, I’m sure you’ll see several favicons. Typically, favicons feature a logo, the first letter of the company name or simply an image that reflects the specifics of the website it represents. Adding a favicon to your online store can help strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website. You can click on this link to read instructions on how to create and add your own favicon your store. Keep in mind that these images are displayed quite small, so it's good to keep in mind that the image you use should be readable at small sizes.

I did notice that you have a free shipping offer that you are displaying on the header of your online store. However, the font is small and not very noticeable, you can make the size of the font bigger or choose to bold the font. I'm sure your customers would love to know that you are offering free shipping!

10-10-77451-26184

Additionally, you can use a third-party application like Quick Announcement Bar to have more customization to make the announcement bar appear more noticeable. This can help grab the customers attention and make them aware that you are offering free shipping. It's great to encourage a purchase.

Let me know what you think.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

Hello @vps124 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a Favicon which helps to find you when customers have multiple tabs in their browser.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customers to access menu at any time they want.

Expand hero banner to full width, as it gives first impression when customer lands on homepage.

Add Shop Now (CTA) on the Hero banner.

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons on the Products.

There are no reviews on your products. Add Product review app, so that customer can review on your products.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

Add Similar or recommended products in the product page to have Cross sales.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
923 95 157

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @vps124.

Thanks for reaching out.

While I was looking at the store I also noticed that you do not currently have a Favicon set for your website. A favicon is a small square image that represents a website in web browser tabs. If you take a look at the top tab bar of your browser right now, I’m sure you’ll see several favicons. Typically, favicons feature a logo, the first letter of the company name or simply an image that reflects the specifics of the website it represents. Adding a favicon to your online store can help strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website. You can click on this link to read instructions on how to create and add your own favicon your store. Keep in mind that these images are displayed quite small, so it's good to keep in mind that the image you use should be readable at small sizes.

I did notice that you have a free shipping offer that you are displaying on the header of your online store. However, the font is small and not very noticeable, you can make the size of the font bigger or choose to bold the font. I'm sure your customers would love to know that you are offering free shipping!

10-10-77451-26184

Additionally, you can use a third-party application like Quick Announcement Bar to have more customization to make the announcement bar appear more noticeable. This can help grab the customers attention and make them aware that you are offering free shipping. It's great to encourage a purchase.

Let me know what you think.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @vps124 

Congrats on your store. I just had a look and here are my feedbacks

Utilize your collection pages

When your customers visit your collection page, you want them to see as many products as possible, as this will increase the chances of them making a purchase. Having Quickview and AddtoCart buttons on your collection page will make it easier for your customers to preview more of your products. When they are able to easily preview and read the product details without going to the product page, they are more likely to view more products and which in turn can increase their chances of making a purchase.

Most themes already have a Quickview and AddtoCart option, you can check for this on your theme customizer and enable it.

Also, you can get the Quickview and AddtoCart option for free when you install the Collections filter & Search bar by the Sobooster app.

Optimize your product pages

Add Estimated shipping dates and Options on the individual product pages. This will help the customers know when they are likely to get their products when they order and also the shipping options available.

Add Available payment options on the product pages. On the product page, you want customers to Add to Cart and check out as fast as possible, that is why it is important to include all the necessary information on the product page. So the customers will have the confidence to continue to checkout. This information also includes the Product reviews

Here is an example for reference.

product page sample.png

Engage with your customers and visitors

To connect with your visitors better. I will suggest adding a Live chat, you want to reach out to your visitors and show that you're ready to answer any question they might have. If you added a Live chat that launched after 90 seconds of someone landing on your store that asks, “What stopped you from checking out today?” may help you uncover some valuable insights. The trick here is to understand why a visitor isn’t engaging or converting to then work on fixing the issues.

I hope you get useful insights from this feedbacks.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @vps124, I hope you are doing well! I've reviewed your store and here are my suggestions on your store that you can work on:-

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage.

- Setup product recommendations on the product page. This will help you with upselling. 

- Add a review section on the product page as 90% of people read reviews before making a purchase. You can refer the below image. 

AiTrillion_0-1628675051959.png

- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar so customers can take an action on it. 

Add a loyalty rewards program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increasing the retention rate.

Hope this helps!

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.