FROM CACHE - en_header

Requesting feedback on new site

Storgepets
2 0 0

My wife and I have recently opened a pet supply e-commerce site and are concerned with zero sales. We ran an ad campaign on Facebook for a 7 day period and had about 300 clicks from the ad to the site but no conversion to a sale.

We are asking for feedback on anything anyone can suggest to improve our site. The website is www.storgepets.com (sorry, cannot figure out how to hyperlink from phone). 

Below is an image from the ad we ran on Facebook and instagram (does not show the verbiage from the ad, just the image).

6EBA879C-D68A-4277-9F22-3F79006EBFF0.jpeg

Thank you to any anyone with advice in advance and we look forward to any feedback.  

Replies 6 (6)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Storgepets,

Sorry to hear that you've been spending on ads with no return. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

storge-pets-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

Also, I'd recommend removing the banner image you have directly below it. It's taking up too much space and isn't really serving a purpose. There is a phrase "above the fold" which is essentially everything you see before you need to scroll. You want to make sure all of the most important information is above the fold.

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience ((high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PAID ADVERTISING
In regards to your ad, the photo was confusing, it showed wipes, shampoo and a container with no context, just a discount code. As I mentioned with your homepage banner, one of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, tell what problem they have and how you solve it.
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can book a session here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session/

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
742 68 264

Hello @Storgepets 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a nice favicon, it helps to find you when customers have multiple tabs in there browser.

Make Sticky Header for easy Navigation, It helps customers to access menu at anytime they want.

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons in the Products page.

There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review app, so that customer can review on your products.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

Include Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Organize the footer section adding Terms of services and other policies, contact us on it.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Growave
Shopify Partner
1552 54 438

Hi @Storgepets 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store! In general, your store looks good and has a quite clear message. However, I've noticed that you don’t use e-marketing tools that can help you with sales and traffic. Therefore, I suggest you start using some e-commerce marketing tools and keep working on the website.

• Add Sticky Menu

Keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website will make your online shop more user-friendly.

• Chatbot 

Include chatbot for providing support. In case of any questions regarding supplements and other products, you can easily answer your potential customers.

• Include blog page

Since your store has been launched recently, the blog will make your shop more credible and relatable. The blog will provide new clients with a sense of confidence in their purchases. Also, constantly adding new content to your blog will positively impact SEO.

• Instagram

You underestimate the power of Instagram. Create and link your profile on Instagram to your store and turn your profile visitors into customers. It will drive traffic to your site as well as to your profile. 

• Add Referral program

Use a Referral program in order to give customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community. 

• Reviews

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps, depending on your budget.  

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards&Loyalty, Social Login, Instagram. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post or marking it as a solution.

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello @Storgepets 

Hope you are well. You have done a pretty good job. Here i would like to give some suggestions

Product review :There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review , so that customer can review on your products. Let customers leave reviews about your products to gain more trust from the audience and trigger them to take action.

Store Credits :Store Credits  helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and store credits. You can give store credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more.

Add Testimonials or Reviews : Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors. You can make a great impression on your customers by displaying testimonials. When good reviews are shown, your audiences will likely stay longer and take action. You can add them below your product on your home page. To find out more about what you can benefit from testimonials, click here. To see what a testimonial looks like, you can check my Stellar template.

Add Blog page: Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Social sharing below homepage
Untitled.png

Social login: I can also suggest social login page like login with facebook,  instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

I would  wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store.  I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @Storgepets, I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are few suggestions that you can add and start working on:

- You should add these details in the footer menu as shown in the below screenshot.

AiTrillion_0-1623305146459.png

- On the homepage, you have added a lot of content. Don't add too much content instead display your products. Add these sections on the homepage:

• Trending 
  • New products
  • Testimonials/ review carousel

- Add a title to this section.

AiTrillion_1-1623307140352.png

- Collection and product page looks good. 

For conversions, it's important to make your store engaging and interactive which will engage the traffic coming to your store. Some essential eCommerce tools that you need to add to your store:

• Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
  • Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.
  • Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
  • Run email campaigns. Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. It helps in building customer relationships and drive conversions.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. Bring all your marketing efforts to one place and don't bear the hassle of managing multiple apps in your Shopify store.

P.S- If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Storgepets
2 0 0

Thank you all so much for you input. We will look into these.