I am pre-launch still, so here is my preview link.
I would love to get some outside perspective on how I can make the shop better.
I'd love feedback in general, but especially on:
Other changes I plan to make when I can figure out how / If any of these are a bad idea in your opinion please feel free to share so I can learn.
Thank you in advance!
Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase....especial work on your product pages.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.
Hey there TrippingCherry,
Hope you're doing well.
Congratulations on your store.
Your collection is so beautiful and the product images look amazing! Kudos on that.
You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise, with a few tweaks and turns you'll be able to achieve your desired results in no time.
I have a few recommendations, I hope they will be of help to you.
1. Hero Image - Let it be only one image rather than a rotating carosuel. The viewer does not get time to think if they are interested in the product and it's gone. There are many other reasons why a rorating carousel is not the best option - See here
2. Make the descriptions under the collection section a little shorter and if you want to add more details about the brand, add those to the "About us" page.
3. Make sure that the products on the featured section on the homepage should not be more than 3 in a row.
4. Connect yourself through linkedin and twitter - these are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Add those to your footer.
5. You must have a live chat, there is no way around it. If any viewer has any questions, they should be answered when they are on the website. This would descrese the drop rate of the website and if people's problems are solved the conversion rate increases.
6. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top
7. Lastly, as per my opinion you will have to create some urgency and social proof (social proof - once you start getting sales) in your store.
Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and who has added your product to their carts and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product and increases the conversions as well.
And as for urgency -
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.
Thank you for your response!
I've responded in red below on a few items that I'm unclear on.
Great point! When my samples arrive I fully intend to start working on video content.
Thank you for your detailed response; all of your advice feels spot on. I will look into the scroll to top app for sure!
Live chat I *really* would love to implement but I'm worried as I am also working a fulltime job so I'm not sure how I could answer questions for those (8) hours a day. Is this something you have implemented on your own site(s)? I managed the launch of live chat for the #2 ranking ecommerce website back in 2014 and I'm fully aware of the impact it has - I just feel like it might be a net negative if I'm not 100% available to answer queries. Do you have any recommendations for a specific app to use? I know Shopify has 'ping' I believe, but i have not used it.
Thank you for your response. I do have a blog in my header navigation - "Zine" which will be understandable to my specific target audience.
I will definetly try to figure out how to add trust badges, that's a great suggestion.
The livechat I would love to implement but I hesitate as this is a sidehustle for me and I work a fulltime job, so I cannot be answering dozens of chats in the middle of a workday. That is a problem I may not have for awhile, but I don't want it to be a net negative to the site if I'm not available to answer them. Do you have any specific app recommendations for the future? I believe shopify has their own live chat option?
I was on desktop and randomly picked some products. Don't remember which ones. It's easy to miss the link under a product title as that is not a place people will expect to look for it. Having the sizing chart on each product page is just creating duplicate content on your site.
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your feedback. I've implemented as much of it as I could in one day!
- Added a scroll to top button
-Added live chat - I figure I will try my best to test it out and we'll go from there. Maybe I'm just being paranoid about the amount of time/people who will use it.
-Removed the slideshow and narrowed it down to one image
-Checked all the product pages, everything has 3+ photos
-Added trust badges to cart page.
-Began adding more keywords and info to product pages, that is going to be a big project. I have hundreds of products but I'll slog through it all!
- Sizing chart is a work in progress. I found some solutions but I need to wait for support on one to get it to work with the venture theme. In the end it will have a link that pops up and offers a size chart rather than keeping that in the main product description.
Still to do:
- link my linkedin. I'm just going to forgo twitter for now because honestly, I hate twitter, don't use it, and it feels inauthentic. Maybe someday I'll be able to have someone help me with it.
- add return policy link to product pages.
- shorten descriptions above collection pages
- Turn my discount countdown back on. I still have issues with it on the password page so for now it's off.
I'm really glad that you added so many of my recommendations!!
The website has already started looking amazing
Please keep up with the great work you're doing here and do definitely let me know if you need my help with anything at all
More than happy to help
Hi @TrippingCherry welcome to Shopify family
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The logo should be reduced and the logo should be a part of the header section this will give a uniform and neat look to the website.
2. A set of high-resolution banner images can be added with a sliding feature this will help the website.
3. Engage the audience by writing a blog and posting it on different social media channels this will help in promotion and you can reach out to the audience in masses.
4. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
5. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!
I try to look at competitors' websites it helps a lot. As an example of a well-done clothing-related website, I would recommend looking at Cools or any other huge clothing retailer. Nice design, simple and friendly user interface, mobile adaptation. You should find similar websites and took some ideas from them.
Hi @TrippingCherry !
Welcome to Shopify and congrats on your store!
1. You have such a title store with a cool items. As for me, I recommend to make the header smaller and to change the black color.
2. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
3. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
4. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
5.If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Really awesome online clothing store. It's so hard to find a good online store to order cheap and high-quality clothes that would fit you. I was looking for a long time till I found an online clothing store https://www.daydaychic.com with the prices I could afford. I order clothes there for a year and I'm very satisfied they are stylish and eco-friendly. The size and colors are exactly how they are on the photos and delivery doesn't last long. You can even reuse those close or gave them to anybody else because they are made of high-qualitative materials and in case if you don't want to wear them anymore.