Requesting some feedback on my new medical device store.

nooners
2 0 0

Hey all I've had my store open for a little over a month right now and I'm hardly getting any traffic/sales.  I'm only doing google shopping ads right now and I'm getting an add to cart rate of about 1.36%.

https://hellohearing.us/

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Replies 8 (8)
hori_tran
Shopify Partner
169 19 63

Hi @nooners ,

Hi, I visited your website. your products are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:

- add a best seller category

- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top

hori_tran_0-1636426166850.png

- add realistic product images

- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site

- pop up chat and discount pop up

- Footer: add your social media

- Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and discounts to attract customers

hori_tran_1-1636426275212.png

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/2YsfRzq )

- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.

- One thing I noticed while on your website, was that you have Powered by Shopify in your footer. here is how you can remove that:

Step 1. Navigate to your Online Store > Themes section of your admin.

Step 2. In the Action drop-down menu next to your current theme, select Edit Languages.

Step 3. In the Search Translations bar next to Filter please type in "power".

Step 4. Under Powered by Shopify, in the text bar, just put in a single space. This will erase the Powered by Shopify. In the top right corner, select Save.

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
977 137 732

Hi @nooners 

Congrats on your new store! I’m Richard Nguyen- CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. I’d like to give you some suggestions, hope it could help increase conversion rates for your store.

I found that your website is pretty refined with the policies and About us page, especially the hearing test. If I can have my words, this is what I would recommend: 

1. Include an announcement bar

Essentially, the announcement bar will display information on shipping and discounts, as well as your promotion campaigns.

afs.jpeg

2. Make a sticky header

A sticky navigation bar will make it easier for customers to navigate from any part of the homepage to any page of your store.

3. Use more bespoke images background

I suggest that you change the hero banner and use in-context product images as a background. The hero image is beautiful but a little bit unrelated and uninviting. 

First-time users generally make snap decisions about the site and brand and tend to stick to that initial impression throughout the entire shopping session — lack of impression leads to decreased patience with site hiccups and more abandonments.

3. Remake the benefit section

I see that you are using the image with low quality instead of a heading element. You can consider using our forever-free plan to rebuild this. I would suggest that you use our content list with an icon to feature each benefit.

This is a nice example. 

Screenshot at Nov 09 14-37-39.png

4. Testimonial

Providing testimonials or social proof of customers is a powerful way to stimulate trust and establish your expertise. Success stories are the greatest way to inspire a positive first impression.

You can use third-party reviews apps such as LooxYotpo, or Judge. me, etc. PageFly integrates with these apps.

You can also use this guide to choose the finest reviews app for your store.

5. Add  about us section

Lack of trust can be the main reason for cart abandonment, especially for the health care sector, which promotes expertise and authority.

6. Use swatches to indicate color variations

Without the indicator, it will be hard for users scanning the product list to learn that color variants exist.

I suggest that you use swatches to indicate color variations in list items (and a single swatch or text if there’s only one color), ensure swatches are large enough to provide users with sufficient visual information.

With all the above, I think you’re good to go. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize a Shopify store from PageFly, hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

Richard - PageFly

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
404 28 152

Hello @nooners 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. 

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
waytoapps
Navigator
482 41 196

Hello @nooners 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add Announcement bar on top of the header section for promotions, shipping policies etc.

Add few products with ATC(add to cart) on the homepage.

Add testimonials or reviews on the homepage.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Promote your products on social platforms and provide those social links on the footer section.

Make social links on the new tab.

Update contact us page with more details, which builds trust on your store.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There is no customer review option on the products. Install Product review app from the Shopify app store, so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
nooners
2 0 0

Oh wow thank you for all of the awesome tips and advice.  Looks like I have some work to do!  I'll start working on this and let you know if things improve. 

PartnersWire
Excursionist
35 3 12

Hi @nooners 

Try doing email marketing too. I also suggest to check solutions that helps you with store management and eventually gain customer satisfaction and able to sell more.

Let me know if you need help. You may also check links on our valuable apps that provide real-time solutions

Hyde
Shopify Staff
1070 115 192

Hi @nooners

Congratulations on launching your store and apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

The question any new consumer is subconsciously asking is: why should I trust you? That question is all the more significant when you are selling a medical device!

You'll want to make sure you have all the buyer trust 101 fundamentals. Elements like a robust About Us Page that gives a brand story, and social proof like a social media following.

Also, remember Content is Everything. You will want to establish a solid content strategy to raise awareness of your brand but also to develop your authority.

Consider writing blog content around your business, your niche, and also your products such as:

• guides to using your products
  • products that work well together
  • your journey in starting this business
  • commentary on a major topic within your niche
  • interview with an influencer within your niche

*Creating good content gives your customers a reason to keep coming back to your site for more*. Here's How To Build a Successful Business Blog

I hope this helps!

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Gamerseo
Tourist
18 0 3

Launching your store is just the first step. Are you planning any SEO treatments? We recommend starting a company blog. It's helps build trust and can translate into increased sales.

We help by creating professional SEO and marketing services for the gaming industry