Review My Store - Honest Feedback Needed

Solved
Mhsupply
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello All,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on my site. Any and all comments/ suggestions open. 

Is the point of the store easy to understand?

Should I put more or take away extra wording?

Thank you for your time!

https://www.monthlyhealthsupply.com/ 

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Mhsupply!  

First of all, great job on getting started on your store! You’ve put a lot of effort into it, and it shows.

For a first impression, I think you need to add more. You have the start, but it’s not enough for someone to want to learn more. Watch a session recording (which shows everything that happened during someone’s visit) or two to see how people are engaging with your homepage.

Where do they go once they land on it? How do they interact with it? 

There are some little things, like a logo or spacing issues with your announcement text, that can make a difference. But the bigger issue for me is the general information here. I was left with more questions than answers on the homepage. 

A few things that may help:

1. Expand your collections. “Build a supply box” is great, but it doesn’t answer the question if I don’t know if I want to. You need to draw visitors in more.
  2. How does it work? You highlight that customers can subscribe and save 5%, but is that compared to retail prices? It isn’t clear that you can do a one-time purchase. Also, how do I cancel?  
  3. Free shipping over $99 is pretty high considering we’re talking about everyday items. You’re going up against the likes of Amazon here, so you’re going to have to work a little harder.

The general issue I have though is that there’s no value here. You aren’t saying WHY it’s helpful or WHY someone would want to do it. Saving 5% isn’t much, so you need to go into more detail. Run a poll to ask people what they want to get out or a subscription program or why they are interested. You may find that it’s an answer you didn’t expect.

You mention it a bit with the “never run out again,” but running a poll may clarify that for you. That may not be the overwhelming reason people are interested. 

Now, diving into your site:

• Run a heatmap on your homepage. This shows where people click and how far down the page they scroll. I would lose your welcome message and picture. It’s a great personal touch, but it’s not helpful at this stage of the journey. Visitors likely don’t care about your mission at this point. They are trying to figure out what you’re selling.
  • Clean up some of your policy pages. For example, your FAQ page needs some spacing and formatting fixes. Also, make sure every single mention of your email address is linked. I found some that weren’t. Also, don’t forget about a shipping page. While your FAQ does address it, you can’t assume that visitors will go there first for their shipping questions.
  • You need some organization to your ordering process. It’s really hard to find specific products. Being able to filter by collection, scent, rating, etc. would be helpful. You need to make it easier for your visitors to find their products. You may want to consider bundles of products. 
  • Speaking of bundles, I’m confused. I tried to add Finish to my order, and it gave me a bundle price. A bundle for...what? I wasn’t bundling it with anything! 
  • Don’t forget about product reviews! You want people to leave their opinions on their favorite products. 

My biggest issue here was with the ordering process. I added one thing to my cart, but I wasn’t sure where to go next.

1. I clicked on Add. In this case, it was for Finish. 
  2. When I scrolled down, was I supposed to add the bundle to the cart? What bundle? However, if I scroll further, it gives me the option to remove it. Is it in my cart or not?
  3. Click on Next took me to more products as did the numbers at the top of the page. How do I get to the scheduling step? 
  4. When I clicked on my cart, it was empty. Obviously I messed up, so I restarted. I did have to click on the Add Bundle to Cart in order to see it. 
  5. In the cart, it shows the product I ordered as a Supply Box with an image of multiple items. Again, confusing.

Basically, I think the overall idea of your store is great, but it’s just very confusing when you have a detailed process that isn’t really the process to order. Instead of focusing on things like Rewards, focus on improving that visitor journey and sales process first.

Seeing how visitors use your website is going to be key here. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2481 340 1659

Hi @Mhsupply,

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this article on how you can optimize your conversion rate of your website.

I/ Home page

1. Make the Hero banner fullwidth. This will make the website layout more open and less compact in 1 fixed container. 

PageFly_0-1616745620715.png

2. Section gap should be clearer and consistent throughout the page. Leaving no gap between sections creates a feeling lack of space and hard to segment piece of content. Also Headings should have the same styling. 

PageFly_1-1616745757101.png

3. Make the Header and Free Shipping Banner sticky. As the search bar is in the Header, you can consider make it sticky so that customer can reach for it anytime they need to find anything. As well as the Promotion Banner for obvious reason, repetitive display of the offer will eventually push the visitors towards taking action. 

PageFly_2-1616745843845.png

II/ Collection Page

1. Align Product Price and more common CTA such as "Add to Cart", it will demonstrates the action you want the customers to take. 

PageFly_3-1616745917526.png

2. Combine text and bullet points for Product Description. Customers decide very quickly, they would easily lost interest if they see along paragraph of product description, so it's best that we use text and bullet points. 

PageFly_4-1616746077408.png

Overall, this is a nicely put layout and you must've invested a lot of time and effort into this. If you need any changes, you can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Mhsupply, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- The concept is quite different. Make your store easy to understand that. 

- Add a sticky header.

- Design the homepage layout in a way so that it is easy to understand the concept and way you are selling. 

Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work. 

- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

Replies 7 (7)
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @Mhsupply!  

First of all, great job on getting started on your store! You’ve put a lot of effort into it, and it shows.

For a first impression, I think you need to add more. You have the start, but it’s not enough for someone to want to learn more. Watch a session recording (which shows everything that happened during someone’s visit) or two to see how people are engaging with your homepage.

Where do they go once they land on it? How do they interact with it? 

There are some little things, like a logo or spacing issues with your announcement text, that can make a difference. But the bigger issue for me is the general information here. I was left with more questions than answers on the homepage. 

A few things that may help:

1. Expand your collections. “Build a supply box” is great, but it doesn’t answer the question if I don’t know if I want to. You need to draw visitors in more.
  2. How does it work? You highlight that customers can subscribe and save 5%, but is that compared to retail prices? It isn’t clear that you can do a one-time purchase. Also, how do I cancel?  
  3. Free shipping over $99 is pretty high considering we’re talking about everyday items. You’re going up against the likes of Amazon here, so you’re going to have to work a little harder.

The general issue I have though is that there’s no value here. You aren’t saying WHY it’s helpful or WHY someone would want to do it. Saving 5% isn’t much, so you need to go into more detail. Run a poll to ask people what they want to get out or a subscription program or why they are interested. You may find that it’s an answer you didn’t expect.

You mention it a bit with the “never run out again,” but running a poll may clarify that for you. That may not be the overwhelming reason people are interested. 

Now, diving into your site:

• Run a heatmap on your homepage. This shows where people click and how far down the page they scroll. I would lose your welcome message and picture. It’s a great personal touch, but it’s not helpful at this stage of the journey. Visitors likely don’t care about your mission at this point. They are trying to figure out what you’re selling.
  • Clean up some of your policy pages. For example, your FAQ page needs some spacing and formatting fixes. Also, make sure every single mention of your email address is linked. I found some that weren’t. Also, don’t forget about a shipping page. While your FAQ does address it, you can’t assume that visitors will go there first for their shipping questions.
  • You need some organization to your ordering process. It’s really hard to find specific products. Being able to filter by collection, scent, rating, etc. would be helpful. You need to make it easier for your visitors to find their products. You may want to consider bundles of products. 
  • Speaking of bundles, I’m confused. I tried to add Finish to my order, and it gave me a bundle price. A bundle for...what? I wasn’t bundling it with anything! 
  • Don’t forget about product reviews! You want people to leave their opinions on their favorite products. 

My biggest issue here was with the ordering process. I added one thing to my cart, but I wasn’t sure where to go next.

1. I clicked on Add. In this case, it was for Finish. 
  2. When I scrolled down, was I supposed to add the bundle to the cart? What bundle? However, if I scroll further, it gives me the option to remove it. Is it in my cart or not?
  3. Click on Next took me to more products as did the numbers at the top of the page. How do I get to the scheduling step? 
  4. When I clicked on my cart, it was empty. Obviously I messed up, so I restarted. I did have to click on the Add Bundle to Cart in order to see it. 
  5. In the cart, it shows the product I ordered as a Supply Box with an image of multiple items. Again, confusing.

Basically, I think the overall idea of your store is great, but it’s just very confusing when you have a detailed process that isn’t really the process to order. Instead of focusing on things like Rewards, focus on improving that visitor journey and sales process first.

Seeing how visitors use your website is going to be key here. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2481 340 1659

Hi @Mhsupply,

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this article on how you can optimize your conversion rate of your website.

I/ Home page

1. Make the Hero banner fullwidth. This will make the website layout more open and less compact in 1 fixed container. 

PageFly_0-1616745620715.png

2. Section gap should be clearer and consistent throughout the page. Leaving no gap between sections creates a feeling lack of space and hard to segment piece of content. Also Headings should have the same styling. 

PageFly_1-1616745757101.png

3. Make the Header and Free Shipping Banner sticky. As the search bar is in the Header, you can consider make it sticky so that customer can reach for it anytime they need to find anything. As well as the Promotion Banner for obvious reason, repetitive display of the offer will eventually push the visitors towards taking action. 

PageFly_2-1616745843845.png

II/ Collection Page

1. Align Product Price and more common CTA such as "Add to Cart", it will demonstrates the action you want the customers to take. 

PageFly_3-1616745917526.png

2. Combine text and bullet points for Product Description. Customers decide very quickly, they would easily lost interest if they see along paragraph of product description, so it's best that we use text and bullet points. 

PageFly_4-1616746077408.png

Overall, this is a nicely put layout and you must've invested a lot of time and effort into this. If you need any changes, you can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Mhsupply, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- The concept is quite different. Make your store easy to understand that. 

- Add a sticky header.

- Design the homepage layout in a way so that it is easy to understand the concept and way you are selling. 

Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work. 

- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Mhsupply
Tourist
5 0 1

This is very helpful! I had the store set up in a different way for awhile but changed it because I was overthinking things. 

I will go through the list and implement your suggestions! 

Mhsupply
Tourist
5 0 1

I completely overlooked the capturing of the email address. Thank you for taking the time to look over my site. I appreciate the feedback and will look into making these changes ASAP!

Mhsupply
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for taking the time to look through my site. You noticed a lot of things that I completely missed. I will work on updating these items, such as spacing and headings.

Thanks!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Mhsupply,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? Also, if you need a walkthrough of AiTrillion and need any help with setting up the features I will be happy to help! 

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks