Review on jewelry store

chantal24
4 0 0

Hi, i haven't launched my store yet, but I want to get some reviews and feedback before I do! Please be nice and give constructive criticism. 

www.shopellesjewelry.com

password: clape002

Replies 13 (13)
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
833 198 248

Currently, the front page is pass restricted, ensure to provide a password so others can view the site.

- I am an eCommerce and Marketing Technology consultant based in Toronto, CANADA.
- To inquire about consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message.
- For Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
SalesCommander
Tourist
5 0 1

Well the front page ain't good enough 

You should have just make it a subscription page I guess

chantal24
4 0 0

password is clap002

Nia
Shopify Staff
173 15 24

Hi, @!

It looks like your store is password protected so we're unable to go in right now and provide any feedback. Are you able to provide me with the password for the storefront please? The one you've provided seems to be coming up as incorrect.

You can find this if you go to Online Store > Preferences > Password Protection. In this case, after providing me with the password , you can go ahead and change this password again so no one else can access it while you're still making edits.

You can also disable the password, if you uncheck the box next to Enable Password.

I would also like to recommend taking a look at this Shopify Set-Up Checklist. This is a general check-list you can go through and tick as you double-check you have the important elements of your store set up!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

chantal24
4 0 0

Password is clape002

PageFly
Shopify Partner
1946 271 1428

Hi @chantal24

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this Ultimate Checklist on Best Practices To Optimize Your Conversion Rate .

I/ Homepage

1. Make the Announcement Bar sticky. I understand that you have a very tempting offer to your customers, but you don't want them to ignore them right? A repetitive display of your offer might peak interest from your customers and act as a plus when they're considering purchasing the product. 

PageFly_0-1632452136079.png

2. Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

PageFly_1-1632452213800.png

3. Add section about your brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional.

II/ Collection page

1. Add CTA button for Product Lists. CTA buttons serve as a guidance to your customers to know what to do next when browsing through your store.

PageFly_2-1632452338805.png

2. Add Secondary Hover Image. This will help your customers understand more about the products regarding sizes, style or how it looks like when being worn on models, which helps them decide whether to buy the product more easily.

Overall, this is a nicely put layout and you must've invested a lot of time and effort into this. If you need any changes, you can always opt for PageFly Page Builder  to build more customized and high-converting website. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

UpPromote
Shopify Partner
87 2 15

Hi @chantal24,

This is UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing - We are the no.1 Affiliate marketing on Shopify app store. I am happy here to share some experience and suggestions for your online store. And I truly hope that they are useful and helpful for you in improving your sales performance. 

I totally you are just starting your business. Firstly, congratulation for your first step. It would be hard at the beginning. Most other business would be same as you when beginning, and now they are successful. So be patient!

1. Regarding online store layout and design

The comments from Pagefly are useful and valuable for you to follow. They are an expert in this factor, so their suggestions will be good advices to you in improving your website.

2. Regarding marketing strategy,

you should spend first priority to find the methods which brings positive results with no risky and low cost. It much better for you at this time. Running ads such as Facebook ads, or Google ads are popular methods. However, you should consider it because it is not really a potential choice for starters. The reason is that you might cost a lost of money to run for long term. In some specific cases, if it don't bring positive traffics for you, you also need to pay fee to maintain them. We know it because we know many customers get same issues. 

Affiliate marketing could be a good option for your. Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which allows you to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. You only need to pay affiliate commission whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

The advantages of affiliate Marketing compared with other methods

1. Low investment but high cost effective

In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

In fact, whereas a poor marketing campaign that sends you low quality results will still need to be paid for, even if you make no sales. However, affiliate marketing ensures your marketing is cost effective and helps to reduce the risk of “leaking out” money for an uncertain market. 

2. Make extra income

The main advantage of affiliate marketing is that the income is entirely performance-based. This is because affiliates are only paid a commission when a purchase has taken place. That means if the affiliates have an ineffective campaign, it won’t affect your budget. 

The affiliates understand that driving huge traffic of potential customers will help to increase sales conversion. For this reason, the affiliates will spend much effort to build effective social platforms, promotion or boosting posts of your products in a better way to attract customers. The more efficiently they work, the more commission they generate, and the more sales you earn. 

UpPromote_0-1632473127687.png

Brand Awareness

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales. The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence.

SEO Value

Publishers (the affiliates) link to your website to send traffic your way. Provided they aren’t spammy, these links are usually beneficial for your off-page SEO efforts, since inbound links are a huge factor in Google’s ranking algorithm.

Customer Data

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing provides you valuable data and insight into how, where and why your customers are buying, which you can then use to make smarter marketing decisions in the future across other channels.

How to publish your affiliate registration on your menu bar?

You can add the affiliate registration form on the shop menu, so any visitors who visit your site can easily approach your affiliate campaign.

Your affiliate can create an account and log in right in your shop, which is really simple and convenient.

UpPromote_1-1632473127553.png

I hope my recommendation will be helpful for you. If you are still looking for a marketing tool to boost your sales greatly, I hope you can try our product: UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing. UpPromote has a Free plan with all amazing features to help you build, manage and succeed with your affiliate marketing.

If these feedbacks are valuable and helpful, kindly give us a "Like" or mark it as a solution. Be patient with your business and good luck!

All the bests,

UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing

Build. Manage. Succeed with Affiliate Marketing

CutOutWiz
Navigator
401 28 152

Hello @chantal24 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
Nia
Shopify Staff
173 15 24

Hi, @!

Overall, your store looks great and is captivating to the eye! The images you have used are clear and high quality and the colour palette of your logo is maintained throughout the website. Having the Call-To-Action newsletter popup is a great feature you have utilised and will help immensely with establishing your email marketing list.
I can also see that you have your Instagram feed synced to the store which adds to the overall look of your website as well as improving your social media traffic.

There are a couple of tips I'd like to give you -

• Add a FAQ page - A FAQ page is a great way to improve your customer's experience on your website. This section is the go-to page for customers to understand your products quickly and have any questions they have answered right away. Usually customers will not make a sale because of an unanswered question they have and not many are willing to go through the Contact page. This can affect your conversion on the website so I would highly recommend putting together a FAQ page with high quality content and all questions you think may come to mind, answered.

• Create detailed and captivating product descriptions - A product description is used to show a products value to a potential customer on your website. If done well, it will provide features and benefits of the product which will influence a potential customer to purchase. This also brings a sense of professionalism to your website.

With the launch of your website, an area you should focus on is increasing traffic to your store. We have a great guide here providing you with Tips on Driving Traffic to a New Website. You can look at running ad campaigns on different social media platforms, influencer marketing and SEO!

Nia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog