Seeking feedback on my shop! theLockwood.ca

Solved
TheLockwood
1 0 0

Hey folx, I’m looking for some feedback on my store. I don’t know what I don’t know! Teach me, oh wise sellers  

www.theLockwood.ca

-Amy, founder of LOCKWOOD

0 Likes

Hello @TheLockwood ,

I had viewed your website shortly and here are some of my points that I hope useful and you can implement on it easily.

You can display testimonials in home page.

You can increase product list.

Add Contact Us: Adding of contact page is always good thing, And using contact form is even better since users will be able to get in touch from within your website. And most of viewers are using searching, And giving important information to help identify where your store is located and how to get in touch is a must.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

Trust Badges: Trust badges your visitors know that your page is legitimate and that any data they share will be collected through secure third-party service providers. Your customers feel they can trust your website, And they are more likely to make a purchase.

I hope you will get my point.

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @TheLockwood,

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

Congratulations on your store! After looking at your website, I have some recommendations for you and hope that they can help you increase sales.

1. Homepage

1.1. Some good points

• Have high-quality hero banner that reflects what you're selling
  • Highlight core product and brand features on the Homepage
  • Sticky navigation bar
  • There is a social media feed on homepage
  • There are shipping and refund policy in the footer
  • The overall design is seamless and clean

1.2. Some recommendations

1.2.1. The slide should auto rotate and include pause option

In fact, some users won’t see any slides, because they skip the carousel content, despite its prime placement, as it resembles an ad. For those users who do see the carousel, one can assume that only the first slide will be seen by most of these users, as many other users will quickly scroll down the page, navigate to a category, or search. So I recommend you make your slide auto rotate and provide a pause option for the best user experience.

1.2.2. Divide this section into 2 columns and move the text beside the image

Screenshot 2021-07-30 at 14.25.48.png

I found that in this part, you leave much empty space while the text below is not full-width and too long. So I recommend you move the text next to the image, so that this section will be divided into 2 columns.

2. Product page

2.1. Some good points

• The primary ‘Add to cart’ button’s styling is unique and prominent
  • Have at least 3–5 product images
  • Use both ‘Bullet Lists’ and ‘Blocks of Text’ for product descriptions

2.2. Some recommendations

2.2.1. Style the product price to be more visible

The product price is one of the most important criteria for users when they’re evaluating a product. Therefore, I recommend you make it more stand out. To do that, you can use a large font size, bold text or use eye-catching color.

2.2.2. Display customers’ reviews and allow visitors to submit reviews directly on the product page

Many visitors heavily rely on user-generated reviews. Without them, they will not be confident enough to make a decision to make a purchase and go off-site to look for more information.

2.2.3. Provide a list of recently viewed items

Visitors sometimes want to return to previously viewed items for a variety of reasons, so it will be difficult if the user has to rely on the native browser “Back” button or literally refind the product by navigating categories or submitting a search query. Therefore, I recommend you add a list of recently viewed items for a better experience.

If you find my recommendations helpful, please like and mark it as a solution. I also suggest you take a look at our PageFly which can help you build a high-converting page.

Best of luck!

P.S. Great store design is a key thing to keep visitors stay while Advertising is to acquire them to visit that place. I have share some store design tips, now if you want to learn about some useful Advertising strategy you can consider to join this Advertising Webinar: Advertising & The Booby Trap.

We have directors from Sixads, AllFetch, Trackify with us in this webinar. This would help you a lot on your advertising strategy, but you should sign up now cause we only take first 100 sign-ups

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AllFetch
Shopify Partner
606 58 225

Hi @TheLockwood 

I have visited your website and here are my suggestions. Hope they are helpful to you  

• Homepage

In general, all parts on your homepage are clear to understand. Your banner is pretty good-looking with a meaningful message. However, when I visit your website on my mobile phone, I can easily swipe right and left to see many photos on the banner. But it is hard to figure out that there is more than one photo in the banner on desktop viewing. You can optimize it by making a motion banner that absolutely attracts customer’s attention much more.

Besides, I see that the photos on your websites are quite large in size which takes a lot of space and the UX will be affected. It may result from the theme you are using or how you customize your website. So take into consideration this point. Here is a specific example of many blank spaces on your homepage 

wood.png

You can consider shortening the text and moving it to another place (suggested above) to optimize the display of your homepage.

Moreover, you should not let an out-of-stock product be displayed on the homepage, it will accidentally decrease customer’s interest. Remember to put only available hot deal products on your homepage. 

out of stock.png

• Product page

A backward in your product page is that your description is too long and is put in an inappropriate place. You should bring out a brief description about the product and put it under the ADD TO CART and BUY IT NOW button. Call to action button should be displayed clearly so that customers can easily click on it. A great solution for this issue is that you can activate the tool of Sticky Add to cart on your website. It is always visible on all store pages which encourages customers to add more products to cart and reduces cart abandonment rate. 

To activate sticky add to cart on your website, try this app for free Advanced Sticky Add To Cart

• Varying your products

Your products appear to be nice, however they are extremely limited. You should add more styles to your product line. It will increase sales and encourage customers to stay longer on your website. You could, for example, introduce more types of wood toys or provide more color variations of your current products.

• Blog

Writing a blog and presenting it on your website is a good strategy. Blogs with good content can boost your SEO ranking and traffic as well. You can write blogs about tips for choosing toys for 3 to 5 years old kid, how to develop kids’ creativity with toys, etc. 

• Upgrading  your Instagram gallery on homepage 

I see that you have an Instagram gallery on your homepage which is good for increasing conversion rate. However, I think your Instagram gallery got some errors. When clicking on a picture in that section, I don’t see a Call to Action button such as Buy or Add to Cart. Besides, it is not convenient for users to move on to the next picture. Here is an example of a good Instagram gallery that you can learn from it.

example.png

You should optimize your Instagram gallery to raise sales revenue from it. If you have no idea about how to improve Instagram feed on your website, check out this app Shoppable Instagram Feed , it can help you do that with ease.

I hope that my suggestions are easy to understand and helpful to you. If you need help or have any questions, please contact me via inbox. 

Happy selling! 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3990 237 722

Hey @TheLockwoodThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar so customers can take and action on it. 

AiTrillion_0-1627649298096.png

Increase the visibility of your search box- Make sure your search bar is easy for your customers to find. Don’t hide a small magnifying glass for them to click on if they really want to search. Remember, these customers are armed with information and are often ready to buy. We want to make buying the products as easy as we can.

- Being a single product store, you can add an engaging video of the product to engage the customers & attract them. 

For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

- Just a heads up! Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @TheLockwood,

This is Opinew - Product Review App. I have spent time looking at your store, tbh your products are great, and I love your effort to help support kids with disabilities. I would like to give you some feedback to make it look more professional and trustworthy, and I hope it would be helpful for you. 

• Add a Blog post page: Start with a blog post strategy that can help you build your brand's trust, also nurture relationships with customers and drive more traffic to your store. Personally I think you have great content on Facebook, you can focus on storytelling to establish connections and evoke emotions. 
  • Implement Live Chat button: Let people know you are there to help, and allow them to communicate with your brand in real time. 
  • Add a Contact us page: It's a great way to get in touch with your customers, and to get them to know who you are, make it easier for customers to contact you if something goes wrong on the website.

Home page

• Banner slideshow: You can add an engaging video in the banner section showcasing how your products work and attract visitors to the store. Also, make the banner slideshow “autoplay” so that people will get to know more about you and the brand.  

Opinew_0-1627651623080.png

• Use pop-up window: Another way to win over new visitors to your store. The idea of this is to display relevant information to customers, and promote discount codes or coupons. A pop-up discount can help to push new or repeat customers and drive more sales. 
  • Showcase Testimonials and Customer reviews: This is by far the most critical part of an online store that will help with branding and marketing. Nothing’s better than customers' words to set you apart from the others. You can ask your friends or families to help you out at the early stage of business, also implement a reward/ loyalty program to encourage more reviews for every purchase from your store. 

You can try Opinew - a Product Review App to send review request emails to your customers and make your store look busy and more trustworthy

Product page

• Customer reviews: Again, this is an essential part on your Product page, you should add a review section allowing your customers to leave feedback on products, and display the number of ratings also. Customers tend to read product reviews before they make a purchase decision. By using customer generated content, you can build trust and push more sales of the best products in your store.
  • Use Accordions/ Tabs for product description: You can consider using Accordions/ Tabs for product description to help organize your product information and avoid the big white gap when scrolling down the page. This is extremely helpful if you have a long product description, and you can save space for extra pieces of content, for example: shipping information, sizes, materials, etc.
  • Include link to Shipping/ Return Policy: People will be more confident to make a purchase and this section also helps to ensure a smooth customer experience. 
  • List of recently viewed products/ Recommendation: Sometimes, people do not have the idea of which products they would choose. You can display a list of recently viewed/ recommended products on your product page to promote the other products, and also improve your customers shopping experience. 
  • Add Trust Badges: Place trust badges on your product page to instill trust in your potential customers.

Besides, have you been running any marketing campaigns to drive more traffic to your online store? You should spend more time on implementing marketing strategies, promotions, etc. Hopefully my suggestion might give you some insights you can implement on your online store. 

Best of luck!

Opinew Team. 

Opinew - Product Review App | Boosts your Shopify store’s conversions with reviews rich in UGC.
Import reviews from Amazon, eBay & AliExpress in 1-click and request verified reviews from purchase.

Hi @TheLockwood 

Awesome Shopify store! It looks amazing and love the mission and what you are doing here! 

• I would focus on ensuring your product photography is on more of your pages - that would allow you to show your customers using the product and effectively tell the story of the toys and products.
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. There are some great examples here: https://www.becauseintelligence.com/blog/4-sales-promotions-to-try-today-to-increase-product-page-co... 
  • It would be a great way to show the mission and about us in the product pages
  • Add a blog as it is a great way to boost your SEO and organic traffic and showcase your brand and style. 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
0 Likes