FROM CACHE - en_header

Seeking feedback on my store AquarioWiz

lseow
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi Shopify Team

My shopify store AquarioWiz has just gone live.

Would appreciate any feedback on my store from the Shopify Team? 

Thanks in advance.

Replies 12 (12)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @lseow,

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback.

screencapture-aquariowiz-2021-03-15-09_13_21.png

First, great job on your banner - you've told me exactly what it is your sell. Your product - you've identified a problem and offered a solution, well done!

You are missing a home link in your navigation menu. 

On your products page, I would recommend having all products the same size. Right now the Air Stone seems to be featured, but in doing that it's taking eyes away from your other two products. Your "Cute Silent Mini USB Powered Portable Aquarium Air Pump" can't be appreciated fully because the image is so small that you can't tell there is a teddy bear face on it.

The other thing I noticed was the use of cents, it's not a major thing but I would recommend rounding up or down. Instead of $13.18 USD, maybe $13.00 USD or $13.50 USD.

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

lseow
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi EcomGeeks.

Many thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate it. 

Cheers

AquarioWiz

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hello @lseow, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- On the homepage, display the engaging video of the product to grab visitors' attention and enhance their browsing experience.

Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.

Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.

- Add reviews on the product page. 90% of people go through reviews before making a purchase. 

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Growave
Shopify Partner
1573 55 440

Hi, @lseow 

Hi from Growave. Welcome to Shopify. I must say that a good job is done on your end. Below you can find what to improve.

1. Reduce sluggishness of pagespeed for mobile and desktop as well. It means that if I open your store on a mobile phone, in case of its slow loading, I will probably just leave it. Do not lose your potential customers. Find more information what to fix:

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aquariowiz.com%2F&tab=...

Growave_0-1615894389930.png

1. I suggest you add the Loyalty and Rewards program to involve more customers to the store. There are various discounts and rewards on your store, which are not attractive for guests. Use our App to motivate customers to log in and get a 10% discount. Or reward them for living review, purchasing for a fixed amount of items for example. Create different tiers to attach your customers to your store for further effectiveness. Once you will have customers’ base you can retarget them or give them the possibility to invite their friend through a referral program.
  2. Add Wishlists. This app has unpredictable advantage - sending personalized wishlist emails and reminders based on products added to the wishlist. 
  3. Add more products. It does not look reliable because of the lack of the range of items in the store. Complement the collection with related products, such as feed, filters, thermometers, heaters etc.

Features above are provided in all-in-one App Growave. If you have any unclear point feel free to reach out to us! Good Luck!

To test Growave for free including reviews, wishlist, loyalty and rewards, referrals and much more under one dashboard, press Growave

lseow
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi @AiTrillion 

Thanks so much for the feedback and suggestions. Very much appreciated.

Cheers

Les

lseow
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi @Growave 

Thanks for the feedback and improvement suggestions. Really appreciated.

Cheers

Les

lseow
Tourist
7 0 4

Thanks again @EcomGeeks . Your feedback has been very useful. I have taken onboard your suggestions and have implemented them.

Cheers

Les

collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

@lseow 

Congratulations on your new store; I see you have gotten a lot of useful feedback already.

Your store looks really nice and easy to use

One thing I can say is to use a video on the home page. It will really sell your brand and products better and improve your home page experience.

use video.png

Good Luck!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
lseow
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi @collinsmbaka 

Thanks for your feedback and improvement suggestion. Much appreciated

Cheers

Les

Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1464 149 269
Hi @lseow,  

Hyde here from Shopify. 

Congratulations on launching your store! You've done a lovely job with it. As a kind of checkbox to compare your website against, we have a post right here that should help with that. 

However, your customers' journey comprises more than just the website. So you need to think about how they're first finding out about your site (how your reputation precedes you), how they're then navigating each aspect of your site, and finally what feeling and thoughts they leave your site with. 

So what really helps with this is:  a target customer (who is your customer? What magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech?)  There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

Knowing your target audience you could start looking at creating content e.g. blog posts for your audience. Writing blog content around your business, your niche, and also your products such as:

• Guides to using your products
  • Products that work well together
  • Your journey in starting this business
  • Commentary on a major topic within your niche
  • Interview with an influencer within your niche 

Creating good content gives your customers a reason to keep coming back to your site for more. There’s a great guide to building a blog for your business here.  If you want to dive deeper into Meta and SEO in general there are two great guides here:

You can use your content to help build your social media perhaps by using quotes from interviews on Twitter,  graphics with product combos from your product guides on Pinterest, maybe video interviews on Instagram or youtube, and having your interviewee share the interview on their social profiles - there are countless ways of establishing a social media footprint. 

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lseow
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi Hyde

Thanks so much for your feedback and suggestions for improvement. A lot to consider and many good things to work on to improve the whole experience.

Cheers

Les

Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1464 149 269

You're most welcome! Happy to help if you have any other questions, of course! -Hyde

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog