FROM CACHE - en_header

Should I change theme?

Solved
Jennifer_McMill
Excursionist
40 0 9

When we started our farm website/ country store I wanted a barn wood background but I’m seeing more and more websites go to a plain white background. What do y’all think? I think I’m going to change it in 2021! Www.southerngracefarms.com 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2815 392 1738

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jennifer_McMill 

This is PageFly. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store base on my CRO and Design experiences.

1. Regrading the barn wood background you are using, it's okay but it's not the best. I recommend you should change to another background color, and add more sections and each section, there is a background image, so the background color of the page is just simple with white, for example.

You can consult my Tasta Tea template here.

2. I have some feedback for your store

2.1 Home page

Make the sticky header

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

Add CTA buttons for the slideshow

Welcome to our U-Pick Farm and Country Store in South Georgia! – Southern Grace Farms 2020-12-21 17-51-46.png A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

Add customers reviews/ testimonials

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonials/product reviews to your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. I have a demo template below

Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed. 

Link the product title/ product image on the home page to the corresponding product page

As usual, when clicking on the product title or product image on the home page, customers will be directed to the corresponding product page so I highly recommend to do it. 

Customers will have full information about the product that you're looking for.

2.2 Product page

I take this page for example https://www.southerngracefarms.com/collections/biscuits-muffins-pancakes-drink-mixes-more/products/l...

Add more 3-5 images from multiple angles

Showing a product from multiple angles helps customers have a full understanding as if they are checking and looking at it in person. Each angle must be unique and show new information about your product, this encourages customers to take action and increase more trust as well.

You also need to show human model images that the model wears the shirt on so customers can have a general view of the product. Only showing the shirt will make customers hard to demonstrate the product. 

Review the product description

A good product description will include both blocks of text and bullet points. I recommend you should add more content for the description.

Add You may also like section

I recommend you can use Upsell Cross-sell to add a You may also like section below. This helps customers look for more choices and they can buy more, this helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)
Speedimize
Shopify Partner
319 48 151

Hi Jennifer,

Very good idea to implement, your background is really outdated. Better to change to the white background. 

Pay attention, when you will change the theme to speed optimization as well to not lose conversion. 

Hope that helps you. 

Best Regards,

Aibek

We Speedimize your store
Have a problem with speed performance, send me email here: hello@speedimize.io

If our advice was helpful please LIKE or ACCEPT SOLUTION
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @Jennifer_McMill 

You can go for a makeover.

Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hello @Jennifer_McMill, I hope you are doing good! Yes, you should change the background. Also, here are some other tips:

- You should add thumbnail images on the collection page.

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

To add a section of new, trending, recently viewed products you can install an all-in-one app AiTrillion and enable the product recommendations. 

- Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2815 392 1738

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jennifer_McMill 

This is PageFly. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store base on my CRO and Design experiences.

1. Regrading the barn wood background you are using, it's okay but it's not the best. I recommend you should change to another background color, and add more sections and each section, there is a background image, so the background color of the page is just simple with white, for example.

You can consult my Tasta Tea template here.

2. I have some feedback for your store

2.1 Home page

Make the sticky header

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. Especially, the menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

Add CTA buttons for the slideshow

Welcome to our U-Pick Farm and Country Store in South Georgia! – Southern Grace Farms 2020-12-21 17-51-46.png A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

Add customers reviews/ testimonials

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonials/product reviews to your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page. I have a demo template below

Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed. 

Link the product title/ product image on the home page to the corresponding product page

As usual, when clicking on the product title or product image on the home page, customers will be directed to the corresponding product page so I highly recommend to do it. 

Customers will have full information about the product that you're looking for.

2.2 Product page

I take this page for example https://www.southerngracefarms.com/collections/biscuits-muffins-pancakes-drink-mixes-more/products/l...

Add more 3-5 images from multiple angles

Showing a product from multiple angles helps customers have a full understanding as if they are checking and looking at it in person. Each angle must be unique and show new information about your product, this encourages customers to take action and increase more trust as well.

You also need to show human model images that the model wears the shirt on so customers can have a general view of the product. Only showing the shirt will make customers hard to demonstrate the product. 

Review the product description

A good product description will include both blocks of text and bullet points. I recommend you should add more content for the description.

Add You may also like section

I recommend you can use Upsell Cross-sell to add a You may also like section below. This helps customers look for more choices and they can buy more, this helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online.