Site Feedback

hipstercoffeeuk
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi

I recently asked for shop feedback and have implemented changes to the site as put to me... I am getting a lot of traffic currently from google shopping however this isnt currently converting and I'm wondering if anyone can give some advice on this please?

Site is www.gyutochefknives.com

Thanks

Emma 

Replies 4 (4)
MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
600 44 120

Hi @hipstercoffeeuk Emma,

This is Polo from MS Web Designer - TOP Rated Shopify Experts based in Singapore. We would like to provide some recommendations based on our seven years of experience in providing solutions to over 10000 active Shopify merchants.

We have reviewed your store, and some changes can be made to make your store more professional and attract more customers.

Here are they:

Design recommendations -

The home page:
A megamenu can be added to make the navigation bar attractive.
The text, fonts, colors, and spacing should be managed properly. 
The featured products should be showcased in an elegant manner, either on a carousel or in a gallery manner.
USP (unique selling proposition) should be highlighted to gain confidence from the customers.
Testimonials can be added for building trust.
The footer could have been more elegant.

The collection page:

Addition of quick view button.
Mouse hover the second image for smooth visualization.
Addition of product reviews with star rating options.

On-Page SEO - To increase your ranking and visibility on the google search engine and reach your right target audience.
Google Search Console Setup
Schema Markup for Home page
Sitemap XML Check and Submit at Google Search Console
Index home page and other 2 any pages
Internal Linking Check
Broken Link Check
Canonicalization Check
Title and Description optimization home page and other 2 any pages
3 keywords optimization for home page and other 2 any pages
Content optimization for home page and other 2 any pages
Alt tag optimization for home page and other 2 any pages

Our Apps-

As we checked there were no Terms and Conditions at the checkout. It might create some confusion during the delivery of products. Hence we suggest you install a Free app from the Shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout as it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies and for chaos-free shopping.
Voila, the Shopify app adds a highly efficient cart feature, proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Shows multiple Discount coupon codes on the cart page)

These were the few suggestions that we think are necessary for your store.

If you feel that this comment was helpful, hit a like or mark it as a solution.

Thanks
Polo
MS Web Designer

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Growave
Shopify Partner
1459 43 416

Hi Emma @hipstercoffeeuk 

In general, your store looks good and has a pleasant design and visual appeal. You have done a great job! If you have traffic from Google but no sales, it means customers don't find your store reliable enough to make a purchase.  Consider focusing on customer trust and social proof. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it would help.

"About Us" section. Low conversions are usually resulted from lack of customer trust and social proof. Add more information in About Us section regarding your business, founders, and processes for customer trust. Showing your store visitors that you are real by putting team or working process photos.

Add Wishlist. Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

Add Loyalty and Rewards program. The Loyalty and Rewards program system inspires customers to connect more genuinely with your brand. It positively impacts to repeat purchases and turns your customers into loyal clients. Within the L&R program, you can include: Collecting Points and Referral programs.

• Collecting Points

Motivate customers to spend more and act by using the points program. Increase engagement with your community by rewarding customers with convertible points on your Shopify store with activities like rewarding for leaving reviews, social following, social sharing, or for every dollar they spend. Collected points can be spent on the most affordable options for them. Let your loyal shoppers redeem their points rewards like gift cards, discounts,  free shipping, or free product.

• Referral programs

I recommend using a Referral program to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and get rewarded for that. Encourage your customers to help grow your brand community using the referral program. The only program that lets you refer a friend, reward both parties, and increase traffic to your Shopify store.  

POS-integration.png

I hope it works for you. Also, you can test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app contains 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on the Shopify store under one dashboard.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

Test all-in-one marketing platform Growave

for free during trial period.
flareAI
Shopify Partner
638 53 180

Hello @hipstercoffeeuk,

The design is very professional and well done. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add sections like 'New Arrivals', 'Featured Collection' sections to help customers keep updated on store products.
2. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
3. A FAQ would be useful!
4. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.
5. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
6. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
7. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
8. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
9. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
10. Add average ratings for each product
Including both user ratings and the number of ratings on the products will help users to make a decision whether to buy your product or not.

Fully Automated Free Sales Machine! Your customers trust Google Search, it is more credible than paid ads. 53% of eCommerce traffic is Search, far greater than Paid Ads & Social Media. Let flareAI help you to grow your revenue on the world's best free sales channels like Google Search.

Hope this was helpful,

Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

akcromm
Pathfinder
113 4 14

Hey @hipstercoffeeuk, hope you are doing well. I loved the look of your store and the product seems really amazing too. 

I would like to add a few things that may help you engage and convert your customers better -

1- Make external links open in a new tab (Including your social links). This will help reduce dropouts.

2- Social proof is missing on the homepage. We rely on other people’s opinions or actions to decide on our own and hence it is essential for you like a lot of other successful stores online. Reviews, testimonials, endorsements, etc are a must-have. 

------>Add review carousel/testimonial/endorsement on the homepage.

3- Have an organized navigation bar at the top - Home, Products, About us, Contact us, etc to allow easier navigation. This makes the process more legit and organized.

4- Add product stickers/badges like ‘top seller’, ‘limited stock’, ‘100% natural’, ‘safe checkout’, ‘free shipping’ etc which can help you increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as Trust, scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can use high-rated apps like ModeMagic to get this done quickly.

5- Include a Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way, you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Hope this would be helpful for your store,

Thanks

Growth Hacker and CRO enthusiast!!