FROM CACHE - en_header

Some feedback would be appreciated guys

Solved
boutiquesophia
Tourist
4 0 1

Not done this before.  I’m sure like me so many of you are busy running your business and maybe like me not paying enough attention to your website.  

With that in mind would you take a look at my page and give me some pointers of where I’m going wrong or what I’m doing right but should push more.  

Our website is  www.boutiquesophia.co.uk many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @boutiquesophia.

Thank you for sharing your store link and requesting feedback, I would be more than happy to take a look to see if I can offer you any suggestions! 

The first thing I notice when visiting your shop is your main image, although a fantastic image, it looks a bit blurry, as does your logo in the header of your shop:

Depending on your theme, there may be specific image size suggestions to consider when uploading images to your shop. If you are using a Shopify theme, you should be able to find your themes help guide on our Help Center to confirm the upload and size requirements. If you are using a third-party theme, you can always reach out to your themes developer to clarify the best image aspect ratio and size for uploading for best results. 

At the top of your shop, you have a menu called "Collections" which, when clicked links to a new page breaking down all your collection categories. This is a great idea, however, some of your collection titles are hard to read due to the colour of the text on top of your images: 

Regardless of what theme you are using, you should be able to tweak this text colour in your theme settings under Online store>Themes>Customize>Theme Settings>Colours to manipulate your text colour:

I am curious why you decide to create this "collection" menu, instead of creating a "Shop" option, for example, and then creating a drop-down menu with links to all your collections? This may create quicker access for your customers who may be searching for quick links to certain products. If you are curious about how you could set up a drop-down menu option for your collections, we have a handy guide that you can check out here that can walk you through it!

I really like the inclusion of your "Layaway" and "Sell you gold" options in your store, but you could perhaps consolidate these two menu items into one menu called "Services" for example. This would create fewer menu options and easier access for your customers to all the services you offer from them:

I also really enjoyed reading the lovely reviews you have so far on your shop, I am curious if you ever considered utilizing a reviews app like our Product reviews app. Our app allows you to add a customer review feature directly to your products, this provides a way for your customers to engage with you to encourage more sales. It may be a cool option to look into rather than constantly having to update your designated Reviews menu area, or allowing the current reviews to become outdated.

The option to offer a currency selector for your customers is really good thinking, I do think it may be a better option to offer the currency selector in the header of your shop rather than the footer for easy access. Something you could look into is our Geolocation app, the Geolocation app lets you recommend the best currency and language for your visitors based on their browser preferences and location, the app is free and may be worth testing out to see how it works with your shop specifically. 

Lastly, I am confused as to why this collection area shows up at the bottom of your main page: 

I like the inclusion of these collection "quick links' or featured collections, however, I would almost recommend moving them higher up on your storefront to grab your customer's attention as many customers may not scroll to the bottom of your storefront. I Would suggest moving them above or below your "New Arrivals" section: 

Overall, the shop looks great and I really enjoyed learning more about your brand and products and I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward. Many of these are simple opinions and ideas moving forward, however, it may not hurt to test out some of the ideas to see how you like them moving forward. Please do not hesitate to reach back out if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to chat! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @boutiquesophia,

I'd be happy to provide feedback on your store!

OUT OF STOCK
I'd recommend not displaying out of stock items. The entire first page is out of stock which is taking away prime real estate for items that are in stock.

screencapture-boutiquesophia-co-uk-collections-rings-2021-07-09-11_48_04.png

PRODUCT COLLECTIONS
The text is a little difficult to read over some of the images, you might consider darkening the shadow behind your text or adding a bit of a black overlay over your images so that the white text pops.

screencapture-boutiquesophia-co-uk-collections-2021-07-09-11_53_44.png

BLURRY PHOTOS

bsj-01.png
I’ve noticed a number of photos throughout your store are blurry. This happens when you use an image that is too small for the given space. It will get stretched out to fill the area but when it does that you lose image quality and get that blurry/pixelated look. I’d recommend replacing your photos with better, high quality ones.

NAVIGATION
I would recommend changing your navigation menu, things like Reviews should be under each Individual product, shipping information should be in the footer, etc. I would move a few of those ites and instead replace them with your product categories ie. Rings, Earrings, Necklaces, Bracelets.

LAYAWAY
Instead of layaway, I would recommend using afterpay instead to help automate that process.

screencapture-boutiquesophia-co-uk-pages-layaway-plan-2021-07-09-11_51_49.png

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. 

The other thing is that you have apartment/suite as a required field. I would change this to be optional since it wont apply to everyone.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @boutiquesophia.

Thank you for sharing your store link and requesting feedback, I would be more than happy to take a look to see if I can offer you any suggestions! 

The first thing I notice when visiting your shop is your main image, although a fantastic image, it looks a bit blurry, as does your logo in the header of your shop:

Depending on your theme, there may be specific image size suggestions to consider when uploading images to your shop. If you are using a Shopify theme, you should be able to find your themes help guide on our Help Center to confirm the upload and size requirements. If you are using a third-party theme, you can always reach out to your themes developer to clarify the best image aspect ratio and size for uploading for best results. 

At the top of your shop, you have a menu called "Collections" which, when clicked links to a new page breaking down all your collection categories. This is a great idea, however, some of your collection titles are hard to read due to the colour of the text on top of your images: 

Regardless of what theme you are using, you should be able to tweak this text colour in your theme settings under Online store>Themes>Customize>Theme Settings>Colours to manipulate your text colour:

I am curious why you decide to create this "collection" menu, instead of creating a "Shop" option, for example, and then creating a drop-down menu with links to all your collections? This may create quicker access for your customers who may be searching for quick links to certain products. If you are curious about how you could set up a drop-down menu option for your collections, we have a handy guide that you can check out here that can walk you through it!

I really like the inclusion of your "Layaway" and "Sell you gold" options in your store, but you could perhaps consolidate these two menu items into one menu called "Services" for example. This would create fewer menu options and easier access for your customers to all the services you offer from them:

I also really enjoyed reading the lovely reviews you have so far on your shop, I am curious if you ever considered utilizing a reviews app like our Product reviews app. Our app allows you to add a customer review feature directly to your products, this provides a way for your customers to engage with you to encourage more sales. It may be a cool option to look into rather than constantly having to update your designated Reviews menu area, or allowing the current reviews to become outdated.

The option to offer a currency selector for your customers is really good thinking, I do think it may be a better option to offer the currency selector in the header of your shop rather than the footer for easy access. Something you could look into is our Geolocation app, the Geolocation app lets you recommend the best currency and language for your visitors based on their browser preferences and location, the app is free and may be worth testing out to see how it works with your shop specifically. 

Lastly, I am confused as to why this collection area shows up at the bottom of your main page: 

I like the inclusion of these collection "quick links' or featured collections, however, I would almost recommend moving them higher up on your storefront to grab your customer's attention as many customers may not scroll to the bottom of your storefront. I Would suggest moving them above or below your "New Arrivals" section: 

Overall, the shop looks great and I really enjoyed learning more about your brand and products and I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward. Many of these are simple opinions and ideas moving forward, however, it may not hurt to test out some of the ideas to see how you like them moving forward. Please do not hesitate to reach back out if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to chat! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

boutiquesophia
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks Marty, everything you pointed out is quite correct.  Sometimes it needs someone looking in from the outside to point out the obvious issues.  That’s a great help and I’ll set about changing these issues next week.  Thanks once again! David 

developer_2020
Shopify Partner
60 0 7

Hi,

Due to the fact your items are of higher value, I think it would be worth you investing some money into hiring a professional to build you website.

When you're selling high value items online, one of the main challenges in gaining trust from your shoppers. With that in mind, a slick, well maintained site is key for you to generate sales otherwise shoppers are very hesitant to make a purchase.

Have you looked at using a paid theme that is slick and gives more of a sense of luxury?

The default them is ok for most stores but a store like yours needs attention to all the finer details.

Hope that helps

boutiquesophia
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi, I appreciate your input. So how would I go about building a customised Shopify webpage and do you happen to know how much it might cost?

Regards, David
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hello @boutiquesophiaThis is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. Here's the feedback:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- Add a call to action button like 'Shop Now' on the banner image of the homepage. You can also add a title of 'GET 20% OFF ON FIRST PURCHASE' with a call to action button 'USE CODE FIRST20'.

- Add 'add to cart' button below the products on the collection page. 

AiTrillion_0-1631278074576.png

Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- Add a reviews section on the product page as people read reviews before making a purchase. 

- Add trust badges in your store. With the help of trust badges, customers will know that all the processes taking place are safe and secure.

- Just a heads up! Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Add a web push notification- It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.