Some traffic no sales?

Solved
Desiree2
1 0 0

I opened my store only four days ago(jewelryella.com). I've had about 300 visits and no sales. I have a couple of cheap Facebook ads running, and I have promoted it on all social media. I have the shipping set to free, and the shipping isn't long, about a week for most products. I am just wondering if I am doing anything wrong? If there are improvements that need to be made to my site? Or if it's more of a marketing issue as I have no experience with marketing. Please leave me some advice! much appreciated in advance!

Accepted Solutions (5)

Accepted Solutions
Kimi
Shopify Staff
218 28 55

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Desiree2!

Thanks for reaching out to get some feedback on your store.

It sounds like you're getting quite a good number of traffic from just being online for a view days only! That's really impressive, and it looks like the ads you're running are definitely working to drive more traffic to your store. Because you've got a solid number of visitors, the next focus on your marketing campaign should be tailored more towards converting your traffic into sales. One of the best ways to do this is to retarget your Facebook ads, which will allow you to reach prospective customers that have previously shown interest in your store. How Facebook does this is that they'll target your ads to those that have engaged with your store in some ways, for example individuals that have visited your online store previously. This is super useful, because oftentimes it does take customers a few visits to your store before they will purchase from you!

In terms of your website traffic and marketing, another great way to keep your visitors to come back to your store is through email marketing. By building your customer mailing list, you'll be able to send your prospective customers some incentives that may be able to turn them into buyers! Plus, email marketing also lets you build ongoing relationships with your customers overtime, so it's a good idea to start building your mailing list now if you haven't already done so.

I've taken a look at your website too, and I think it's looking really good! I love how easy it is to navigate through your store, which is so important as customers need to be able to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. One thing I noticed about your store is that there isn't yet any About Us page. Creating an About Us page that tells your brand's story or mission is key in introducing your business to prospective customers. It will give you the opportunity to showcase what your brand is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store! Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.

As you continue to create new marketing campaigns and discover new strategies for your store, remember to keep track of your store's analytics too. This will allow you to understand which strategies and campaigns have worked more than others, and will help you tailor a marketing strategy that works best for your business.

Let me know how you go with the information I've provided you with above! I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Best of luck with your new business!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

PageFly
Shopify Partner
1936 268 1424

Hi @Lowie57 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I like how you have:

• Have a clear and CTA button on the banner
  • Clear structure 
  • Have clear Privacy and Refund information

Besides these things, I have some comments and suggestions for you:

1. Add sticky navigation

A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

2Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. Right now it looks kind of blank

3Add more content and image for your products 

- I do not know anything about your product, for example: what it signifies, how people would look great with the product, etc.

- I think you should include a couple more of product pictures showing how models look beautiful with it on

4Add CTA, Secondary Hover Image in each product detail

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 2.02.34 PM.png

5. Add a testimonial / review section

- Add a section where you can showcase what your customers say (you can ask your friends to use this to get reviews if you have got no sale yet)

---

If you want more flexibility to personalize your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope give us a try.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like. Thank you!

PageFly

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 242 733

Hello @Desiree2This is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

Homepage recommended layout - The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this, top announcement bar, Slideshow banners, Collection List, Product Recommendations, product reviews, Newsletter sign up box, Blog Posts, Instagram Feed & footer.

- Missing Offers - You must show the offers and discounts banners on the store to collect emails and convert customers.

- Add a section of trending and new arrivals products on the homepage. It helps in upselling the products. Give product recommendations so customers will get attracted to browse trending and new products of your store. 

- Add a review section on the product page as people read reviews before making a purchase.

Add trust badges in your store. With the help of trust badges, customers will know that all the processes taking place are safe and secure. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
395 28 152

Hello @Desiree2 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. 

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

flareAI
Shopify Partner
444 38 140

Hello @Desiree2,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add a detailed product description in product pages.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
7. A FAQ would be useful!
8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
9. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
10. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
11. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
12. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.

Your customers trust Google Search more than Ads. 53% of eCommerce traffic is Search, far greater than Paid Ads & Social Media. flareAI works every day for you, tapping into the world's largest free sales channels. flareAI helps you to get your products found on Google, the world's largest eCommerce sales channel. You will get less sales and traffic if your products are not found on Google. When your customers search on Google, your product can be found only if Google has indexed the page. flareAI will show which pages are found on Google, and which are not.

Hope this was helpful,
Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

Replies 8 (8)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
218 28 55

Hi, @Desiree2!

Thanks for reaching out to get some feedback on your store.

It sounds like you're getting quite a good number of traffic from just being online for a view days only! That's really impressive, and it looks like the ads you're running are definitely working to drive more traffic to your store. Because you've got a solid number of visitors, the next focus on your marketing campaign should be tailored more towards converting your traffic into sales. One of the best ways to do this is to retarget your Facebook ads, which will allow you to reach prospective customers that have previously shown interest in your store. How Facebook does this is that they'll target your ads to those that have engaged with your store in some ways, for example individuals that have visited your online store previously. This is super useful, because oftentimes it does take customers a few visits to your store before they will purchase from you!

In terms of your website traffic and marketing, another great way to keep your visitors to come back to your store is through email marketing. By building your customer mailing list, you'll be able to send your prospective customers some incentives that may be able to turn them into buyers! Plus, email marketing also lets you build ongoing relationships with your customers overtime, so it's a good idea to start building your mailing list now if you haven't already done so.

I've taken a look at your website too, and I think it's looking really good! I love how easy it is to navigate through your store, which is so important as customers need to be able to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. One thing I noticed about your store is that there isn't yet any About Us page. Creating an About Us page that tells your brand's story or mission is key in introducing your business to prospective customers. It will give you the opportunity to showcase what your brand is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store! Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.

As you continue to create new marketing campaigns and discover new strategies for your store, remember to keep track of your store's analytics too. This will allow you to understand which strategies and campaigns have worked more than others, and will help you tailor a marketing strategy that works best for your business.

Let me know how you go with the information I've provided you with above! I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Best of luck with your new business!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly
Shopify Partner
1936 268 1424

Hi @Lowie57 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I like how you have:

• Have a clear and CTA button on the banner
  • Clear structure 
  • Have clear Privacy and Refund information

Besides these things, I have some comments and suggestions for you:

1. Add sticky navigation

A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

2Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. Right now it looks kind of blank

3Add more content and image for your products 

- I do not know anything about your product, for example: what it signifies, how people would look great with the product, etc.

- I think you should include a couple more of product pictures showing how models look beautiful with it on

4Add CTA, Secondary Hover Image in each product detail

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 2.02.34 PM.png

5. Add a testimonial / review section

- Add a section where you can showcase what your customers say (you can ask your friends to use this to get reviews if you have got no sale yet)

---

If you want more flexibility to personalize your pages, I'd love to introduce our product PageFly Landing Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat. PageFly has a Free plan where you can use all features and create different page types so I hope give us a try.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like. Thank you!

PageFly

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4015 242 733

Hello @Desiree2This is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

Homepage recommended layout - The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this, top announcement bar, Slideshow banners, Collection List, Product Recommendations, product reviews, Newsletter sign up box, Blog Posts, Instagram Feed & footer.

- Missing Offers - You must show the offers and discounts banners on the store to collect emails and convert customers.

- Add a section of trending and new arrivals products on the homepage. It helps in upselling the products. Give product recommendations so customers will get attracted to browse trending and new products of your store. 

- Add a review section on the product page as people read reviews before making a purchase.

Add trust badges in your store. With the help of trust badges, customers will know that all the processes taking place are safe and secure. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
395 28 152

Hello @Desiree2 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

• I see that your store doesn’t have a Favicon. Having a favicon on your website is crucial. It makes your site recognizable on browser tabs, but it too gives a professional look to your website.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. 

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz

flareAI
Shopify Partner
444 38 140

Hello @Desiree2,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add a detailed product description in product pages.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic. Having social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
7. A FAQ would be useful!
8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
9. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
10. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
11. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
12. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.

Your customers trust Google Search more than Ads. 53% of eCommerce traffic is Search, far greater than Paid Ads & Social Media. flareAI works every day for you, tapping into the world's largest free sales channels. flareAI helps you to get your products found on Google, the world's largest eCommerce sales channel. You will get less sales and traffic if your products are not found on Google. When your customers search on Google, your product can be found only if Google has indexed the page. flareAI will show which pages are found on Google, and which are not.

Hope this was helpful,
Gina
Add flareAI Shopify App today!

janiekhtr
1 0 0

I had viewed your website shortly and here are some of my points that I hope useful and you can implement on it easily.

Some of items have single gallery image, Try to add more than one gallery image.

You can add Videos of your products. And Using instruction videos, It will attracts viewers.

Rating and Reviews:  Customer reviews are fixes the value of of product, And these will decides the your business growth. These will helps to increasing of your customers.

Add Testimonials: Creating a genuine testimonials are trust worthy. This is the one kind of marketing communication b/w customer and business person. So you can add efficiently.

Trust Badges: Trust badges your visitors know that your page is legitimate and that any data they share will be collected through secure third-party service providers. Your customers feel they can trust your website, And they are more likely to make a purchase.

Add Blog: You know creating/adding of blogs gives you a great way to generate fresh content on a website and provide a catalyst for email marketing, social media promotion to drive search traffic to your website.

I hope you will get my point.

uxmalkns
1 0 0
Hey,
I know it's disheartening but u just have to keep going. Paid ads don't
seem to help me either, I get views but no sales. I'm still struggling to
be totally honest with you but that it me lacking motivation. Just keep
posting on social media and interact with people.
Good luck
Relish_AI
14 0 0

Hey @Desiree2,

For improving the conversions, have you considered having an automated chat assistant in your store that interacts with your customers 24/7. Relish AI’s conversational AI-powered chatbot/shopping assistant is an app that helps Shopify stores automate sales and customer support. The Shopify chatbot also provides instant answers for any product questions the users have based on the product page they are looking at. When you configure automated conversational FAQs you can also embed products as responses in any FAQ response. With conversational AI, you can identify and reduce points of friction for your customers and increase store conversions. As well as engage customers from the moment they land till they finish the purchase. You can also reduce cart abandonment with our exit intent campaigns and reduce support tickets by 30-50%

The app also has 14 days free trial.