SOS I cannot escape the prison of SHOPIFY

devonangel
1 0 0

All I want to do is cancel my Shopify Account and it's become a living nightmare.

Please help me.

I want out.

I asked for help from Shopify and this is what I get.

You can’t access this store because your trial ended

Your Shopify trial for devon-delights-cafe.myshopify.com has expired. To continue using Shopify, you need to pick a plan.

Your store information will be stored for 2 years. To learn more about what information is available, visit the Shopify Help Center.

•  
0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
198 29 41

Hi @devonangel.

Thanks for sharing your message, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble closing your Shopify account.

As noted in our Free-trial information here, If you don't select a monthly plan at the end of your free trial, then your store will be paused and you will not be able to continue working on it until you choose a paid plan. In most cases, our support team would be happy to help you out by adding an additional trial day or two, giving you the ability to access the account again to complete your cancellation.

You mentioned asking Shopify for help, but it looks like you are sharing the general information you receive when trying to access your store after a trial has expired. Have you already reached out to our support team to look into helping you out with this?

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center here and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you reach a support team member, I would recommend explaining your situation and that you are requesting an additional trial day or two so you are able to cancel the account, the team should be able to help you out with this directly!

While we would certainly hate to lose you on our platform, once you have access to your account again, you can cancel your store with the following steps:

To close your store, please follow these steps:

- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Account.
- In the Store status section, click Sell or close store.
- Click Close store.
- Enter your password to continue.

If you prefer to pause your store, rather than close, we do have two different opportunities to Pause the store. You can pause your store in the following ways:

Another note to consider when pausing your store, however,  is whether you want to Pause or Pause and Build, your store needs to be on a paid plan and at least 60 days past the free trial period. If your store doesn't meet these criteria, then you can't pause your store. So while you could potentially pause the shop, you would need to have an active plan first for those 60 days.

If you wish to continue the steps to cancel your store, once completed the above steps, to confirm that your store is closed, you can go to your store's URL and see that your store no longer appears.

Please feel free to reach back out here if you have any trouble, we are always happy to help out!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes