Started Marketing, 500 visitors 0 sales Please help

ZTechie
Tourist
8 0 3

My website is www.whitehatwear.com I've had 500 visitors but still have not had a sale yet, please give me your feedback. Thank you

Hey @ZTechie

Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.

I quite like your website. It seems fast, designed well, and the items have reviews set up. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well.

However, I did find a few improvements. My initial reaction was that there are too many popups going on at once. There are things on 3 corners of the page and the main popup. This to me was a bit much and can lose some credibility. Visitors can think why are there so many offers and sales, are the products not selling? This is also the case with the red "SALE" icon next to each item. 

Also, some of the products aren't set up properly. I clicked on All Collections > Men's Clothes and there were no products. I also recommend writing longer and more detailed descriptions for your products. This is a great opportunity to convince visitors to make the purchase.

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives, not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:

• taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on the site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics and areas that could cause issues
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day, you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.

Cheers,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
HarshJain
Excursionist
34 1 6

Hello @ZTechie 

This is Harsh jain

I seen your website. According to my experience at shopify. 

Here is some thing i found your website is not good in are:-

Although your products are very good but the description you written for them are not to the point and not effective.

And this may be the main reason for not getting sales even after getting traffic.

So to solve this problem i suggests you to use "Descrii" app on shopify store.

Its an auto description generator app,the description generated by it is to the point, very effective and even high with SEO.

I am using their service and very much happy to use Descrii. So i recommend this to you.

https://bit.ly/descrii-premium

Hope i helped you.

https://bit.ly/descrii-premium
https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions
http://Descrii.tech
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
311 62 189

Hey there, @ZTechie!  

First of all, I love the look of your store! I can tell you’ve put a ton of hard work into it, and it shows. It’s great that you’ve had visitors, but now let’s see how we can turn them into customers.

First impression: I get that you want to get your free coupon out there, but the newsletter form pop-up is not triggering at the right moment. Remember that first-time visitors aren’t sure if they want to buy from you, not to mention join your email list. While a coupon code is great, I would hold off on triggering it until the person engages with your products.

Diving into your homepage: I like the length of your homepage. Use heatmaps to see how far people scroll and where they are clicking. It will help you find your top-performing hero image (static hero images tend to perform better than a carousel) and show you more about what’s adding value to a potential sale. If your last feature on Street Fashion isn’t being seen by most of your visitors, you may want to test removing it completely.

Also, since you want to attract an international audience, make sure there’s a way to update the currency. 

In the footer: For your newsletter form, add more value to help visitors understand why they should sign up. Again, keep in mind that visitors aren’t sure if they want to buy, so asking them to join your newsletter list can be difficult. Try inviting them to join your list in a poll that triggers when they view a product or search for a product. That will help you engage with them when they are most interested in joining. For your links:

• Contact us: Simplify this page. Take out the phone number field and the subject. You don’t want visitors to be scared away while filling out, even if the field is optional. Make sure you include your email address and phone number as well to provide multiple ways to connect. 
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address
  • Refund Policy: Link your email address
  • Privacy Policy: Link your email address and URLs included. 

On your homepage, the “live” sales and recommendation pop-up isn’t firing. It started showing as I looked at your other pages, and it’s WAY too aggressive. It’s more of a distraction. I would evaluate whether it’s helpful or not. 

Looking at your navigation: When you get traffic but no sales, navigation is a good place to start as you diagnose the issues. For your main navigation, I see a lot of red flags here:

1. Your focus right now is not on selling. The About Us, Affiliate Program and Track Your Order pages are great, but they don’t necessarily belong on this top-level navigation. Look at your click heatmaps to see where people are clicking, and remove the lower-performing navigation options.
  2. If most of your traffic is from mobile, keep the Contact on the main navigation but remove the drop-downs. I’ve seen many e-commerce visitors depend on the contact information from the main navigation if they’re on a mobile device. On desktop, it’s not as important. Again, keep evaluating it.
  3. Expand your main navigation to include your collections. It doesn’t need to be all of your collections, but Men’s Clothing, Women’s Clothes and Accessories would have enough range to help drive visitors to your collections.

Be sure to watch some session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website. You’ll be able to watch exactly what happened during someone’s visit, allowing you to see how they navigated and where they clicked. 

Moving into your collection pages: For reference, I’m looking at the Men’s Clothes collection. I like your filters by clothing type, though you may want to expand it to price, rating, color, etc. Test to find out more.  Overall, I like the layout. I would suggest consistency with your images - some are on models and some are not. 

Now, the product pages: For reference, I’m looking at the Street Wear Graffiti Punk T-shirt. The first thing I would suggest on your product pages is to highlight that free international shipping! I would change the button color for the Add to Cart so that the Buy Now button stands out more, but you can test that. I love that you have a Shipping and Return tab! That’s great. 

For your size chart, I am a little confused. It’s a bit blurry, but that’s not the only issue. The chest, length and sleeve measurement make sense. The shoulder measurement isn’t the norm and may be more confusing for your visitors. Check your click heatmaps to find out if people are clicking on it, and follow-up with session recordings to see how they engage with it.

Your store is on the right path, and visitor behavior will help you identify those areas that can be improved to drive more sales. When you can see what’s happening with your visitors, you can find those pain points and make changes in real-time. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
IreneWijaya
Pathfinder
96 6 25

HI @ZTechie 

Congratulation on your show! 

That's really good that you have been driving some amount of traffic into your website now. 

Now that you drive traffic I would recommend you to use a Retargeting campaign. Retargeting campaigns are used to remind customers of the products they are interested in or were put into the cart after they leave the website with very kinds of creatives. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn about this Ako Retargeting here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b.

I wish you all the best on you store!

Irene

0 Likes
MichaelGeo
Pathfinder
191 3 16

Hi there! Congratulate on opening the store. It looks great overall.

I notice you are target customers internationally. Here is one suggestion: you may consider conducting geo marketing strategies on your website.

Firstly, on your site, you may auto display local currencies to your visitors based on their locations. It brings local to visitors immediately and support purchasing decisions. Ip geolocation tools can help you with this. For example, you can use Shopify currency selector+Geo Redirect tool from Geo Targetly. When the currency is changed, it adds a parameter to the URL, for example, exampleshop.com?cur=USD, or exampleshop.com?cur=AUD. With Geo Redirect, it auto directs your visitors locations by IP and auto direct visitors to correct URLs displaying local currencies. You can easily set up redirecting rules within a few steps, no code is necessary.  

Similarly, instead of current general "international free shipping" policy, you can display customised location-specific messages through announce bar. For instance, "Free shipping to California" or "Free shipping to Australia", depending on the regions/locations where your visitor is at. It brings local and engage with visitors immediately. Or you can dynamically display regional specific discount using pop-ups, only showing to visitors from targeted markets. Geo Targetly series tools: Geo Bars, and Geo Popups can be simplily integrated for such services.

If you are interested about more details runing geo marketing strategies on your site, and boosting conversion rates,  you may further read the post:https://geotargetly.com/blog/how-does-a-geotargeting-website-help-increase-conversions

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
484 17 105

Hi @ZTechie  welcome to Shopify family

I hope your business is going well during this CoVid crisis. I checked your website and it looks neat!

I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:

1. The logo size and the header menu size can be increased and there much negative space and the text is not readable as well.
2. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
3. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
4. Bigger images in your catalog view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
5. A minimum of 3-4 images is required so that the customer gets to review every detail of the product.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

I hope this helps!

Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes