Hello Shopify Community,
I've started my store a little over a week ago. Since then the store had 2’245 online sessions, 51 sessions Reached checkout/Added to cart, but 0 purchases/conversions.
So clearly there is some problem with conversions. My first thought was its shipping costs, but I don't think it's high ($9).
I was hoping for your feedback, comments, advice. Many thanks in avdamce
Store link: https://mildlyfunny.co/
Thanks in advance
When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I took a look through your store and here are some things I noticed:
Your shipping rates are really reasonable but there is no estimated time of delivery shown, this will cause customers to abandon cart.
The other thing is your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. With this product, you have it named "passive-aggressive, cynic, know-it-all - Heavy Blend". You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google.
We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Just spitballing, but here's a few things to try:
These are all small details, but imo make the site look incomplete and less trustworthy.
Also not all traffic is the same, if you are targeting too boroadly that's going to dump a whole lot of expensive low-purchase-intent visitors into your site.
Hope the following suggestions will help you
Hello @mildly_funy, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.
- Improve the product page, make the layout professional.
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight the information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
- Add countdown timer bar to create curiosity among customers to make a purchase.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Hey @mildly_funy, I'm Richard - CRO expert at PageFly. I got somethings for you to take a look at below.
1. The header
- Make your brand name more visible by disabling the background transparent or make the whole tab be a white bar like when scrolling up the page. Also, you should include your brand logo in the header.
- Make the header sticky instantly so that your customers can go to any page or direct to wherever they want to without returning back to the top of the page.
- You need to add a Search bar in the header. This is incredibly important because when customers need help, they can find it right away, if not, there is a high potential of leaving your site.
2. CTA button
You need to add a CTA button such as "Shop now" or "Buy now" like in the below screenshots.
3. Product image
- Consider having more images (3 to 5) so that customers can see more angles of your product, especially having a real model wearing your shirt.
- This image section seems not to be optimized, or inappropriately display, especially the size table image. Try to place them in full width.
And that's my feedback!
I hope it can help to optimize your store and increase the conversion rate. If you find my suggestions helpful, please like and mark this as a solution.
Have a nice day friend!
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly