Store feedback (good traffic no conversion)

FrankPB
2 0 0

Hi everyone,

I was really hoping I could get some feedback on my store. It's an online Pet supplies store and I'm quite happy with the look but it doesn't seem to be converting at all despite my products selling well on Amazon and being very reasonably priced. Any feedback would be appreciated. The store is www.petbright.co.uk 

Replies 3 (3)
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 197 456

Hey there, @FrankPB 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Your store is so cute! Those dogs are adorable. It is great to hear that you are getting such good traffic to your store. This poses the question - have you defined your target audience, and if so, who are they? I would highly recommend checking out our video on finding your target market and defining it here. This should help you better your targeted ads so that the customers you are getting to your store will be more likely to buy something. We also have this step-by-step guide to successfully run ads on Facebook. 

When it comes to making an online purchase, customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. You currently have a contact page but it is missing a contact form. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

One thing that could boost your conversions is free shipping. It's a weird thing, that I'm guilty of myself, people are willing to pay more for a product than pay for shipping! You can read about setting up free shipping here

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

FrankPB
2 0 0

Hi Bo, 

Thank you very much for the feedback and suggestions, much appreciated. I'm glad you like the store! We do actually have free UK shipping at the moment but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. 

I'll definitely try and implement your other suggestions though.

Thanks

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @FrankPB, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

Setup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.

- I would recommend you to add an engaging video of the product on the homepage to grab visitors' attention.

- Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email addresses. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Overall, the store looks good. 

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.