STORE FEEDBACK - NO SALES SO FAR

Solved
mariamatea
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello Shopify Community. I'd like to ask some feedback and tips on my store mariamatea.myshopiy.com - ive had this store for a while. no sales, a little bit of traffic. I make handmade dresses and so far I only have one design,, more designs coming up but is that one of the issues? Love to know your honest opinion about my shop. This will help me a lot! Thanks

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @mariamatea,

First, just a heads up for anyone else that wants to take a look - the store link your provided is missing an "f" in the word "Shopify". Here is the updated link: https://mariamatea.myshopify.com/

Congratulations on launching your Shopify store!

With only one product in the sizes XXS, XS and S you are limiting yourself to customers that 1. Love this dress and 2. are within the three size ranges you offer.

I would work on adding more products to your store, a good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have named your dress "The Picnic Dress" which is lovely but you have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Lastly, for marketing, I'd recommend hopping on IG Reels or TikTok and do sped up videos of you sewing your creations, do simple tutorials ie. "How to make a scrunchie", or creating "cottagecore" aesthetic videos wearing your creations. You could also do YouTube for longer videos. 

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

View solution in original post

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @mariamatea, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

- Write the sizes in the same format as you have written XXS then it should be XS, S, M, L.... and so on. 

- Add reviews. When assessing a site, we want to know what others have thought of the products they sell and the service provided. That is where customer reviews come in, they are an indicator that other people have shopped on the site and enjoyed their purchase.

- Add both the dresses on the homepage.

- Add a discount popup. 

- Add web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

- You can start a referral program. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @mariamatea,

First, just a heads up for anyone else that wants to take a look - the store link your provided is missing an "f" in the word "Shopify". Here is the updated link: https://mariamatea.myshopify.com/

Congratulations on launching your Shopify store!

With only one product in the sizes XXS, XS and S you are limiting yourself to customers that 1. Love this dress and 2. are within the three size ranges you offer.

I would work on adding more products to your store, a good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have named your dress "The Picnic Dress" which is lovely but you have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Lastly, for marketing, I'd recommend hopping on IG Reels or TikTok and do sped up videos of you sewing your creations, do simple tutorials ie. "How to make a scrunchie", or creating "cottagecore" aesthetic videos wearing your creations. You could also do YouTube for longer videos. 

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @mariamatea, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback:

- Write the sizes in the same format as you have written XXS then it should be XS, S, M, L.... and so on. 

- Add reviews. When assessing a site, we want to know what others have thought of the products they sell and the service provided. That is where customer reviews come in, they are an indicator that other people have shopped on the site and enjoyed their purchase.

- Add both the dresses on the homepage.

- Add a discount popup. 

- Add web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

- You can start a referral program. 

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
mariamatea
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you so much! This is mind blowing! I hope this works for me. Thanks a lot!