Store feedback

Solved
mwaka
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi. I would like feedback on my store, The Mwaka Store, https://the-mwaka-store.myshopify.com

I would like to know if I did it right and if there is anything I can improve.

0 Likes
mwaka
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you very much. Your feedback is encouraging. I feel encouraged to know my store is professional looking. 

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 43 58

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @mwaka.

Thank you for your message and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback on your shop!

I really enjoyed looking through your shop and products, it looks like you have a lot of great options for your customers. The first thing I notice is in your homepage slideshow, all of your images and logo are the first slide seem slightly blurry:

Depending on what theme you are using, you may have a couple of options in regards to your image resolution. If you are using a Shopify theme, I would recommend reviewing our Uploading images guide to ensure you are following our recommendations to ensure your image quality is the best it can be. If you are using a third-party theme, I would recommend reaching out to your Theme's developer to ensure you check their themes specific upload requirements. It's good to ensure that both your product photography and promotional photography are the best quality they can be to showcase a professional look for your brand and build customer trust in it.

I also was struggling to learn more about you and your business and why your customers should choose to shop from you, rather than other stores that may sell similar products. I see you have a short blurb on your storefront here: 

I suggest creating an About us page, you can link this in your main menu area like this:

But also add the About us information to your footer area, if you would like to a well:

If you decide to include an About us page in your online store content, then you can use it to tell the story of your business to your customers and help them connect to your brand. We have a great guide on writing an effective About us section here, that you could take a look at!

If you decide to add this About us section to your main menu and footer, or vice-versa, you would do so in your admin 
under Online store>Navigation and then editing your "Main menu" and "Navigation" sections to link your About us page, which you will need to create as well:

Take a look through our Editing menus guide here if you need a refresher!  

I also really like your inclusion of this pop up with your discount offer for $10 off your first order, this is an excellent idea for building customer trust and retention in your store:

Have you been running any other marketing campaigns to drive traffic to the shop? If not, you could also check out our Marketing and Promotions guide, for some ideas on how you can further promote your shop.

Something else that I was confused about, was the need for two menu systems in your shop? It looks like you are utilizing the main menu option, as well as a menu on the left-hand side of your store, this may prove confusing to your customers and I may suggest choosing between them for ease of use for your customers:

I also really loved the inclusion of your social media channels, I am glad to see you are utilizing your social media options in connection with your store to further promote your products. 

These are some initial things I noticed when viewing your store, I recommend reviewing these possibilities to add that extra layer of professionals to am already great-looking shop!

Please let us know if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to chat and keep up the great work!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Murad
Tourist
2 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,

Your store looks great, but I suggest that you should add engaging and persuasive product descriptions rather than a list of product facts. Descriptions can help you boost consumer trust.

Thanks,

Murad 

mwaka
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you @Marty for the feedback. It's really helpful & I'll start looking into it. I had no idea how to create an About Us that's why I opted to leave it out. Concerning the menus, i didn't know how to remove/disable the Sidebar menu or the other menu. My theme is Boundless.

0 Likes
mwaka
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you. Do you have an idea on how I can go about doing that?

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 43 58

Hi @mwaka.

I took a closer look at our Boundless theme and see that the side-bar feature and main-menu option duo are a native aspect of the theme, so you could also keep it as is if you like the current menu set-up. That said, the double menus still may confuse your customers aesthetically, so it may be something you want to remove, you could always add it back!

To remove your side-bar menu, log in to your admin and head to Online store>Navigation>Theme and click "Customize". Once you are in your Theme customization window, you should see your side-bar menu option on the left-hand side of your screen:

If you click into your side-bar menu, then click "change" you can remove the menu from your store entirely. If you wanted to add the menu-back, you would follow the same steps.

I hope this information helps you out, please feel free to ask any additional questions you may have, we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes