Store feedback

Omaryoungjr4
1 0 0

Hi my name is Omar I crated my store in the beginning of this year. I’m getting lots of traffic to my store with paid ads. And I have people reach check out but don’t finish. I was wondering if someone can take a look at my store and let me know how it is. Link is 4everbaby.com. Thank you

Replies 2 (2)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1585 194 354

Hey, @Omaryoungjr4 

I would suggest removing the section on your homepage at the bottom where you have 'partner products' 

I find that sticks out and doesn't feel like it belongs. For example, imagine going into a jewelry store to buy an accessory but in the corner of the store, they were also selling vacuums? Something would seem off and it would hurt my trust in the brand. I think this applies to your children's toy store. The expectation is for children toys, not athletic equipment and home decor.

Other than that, I think you're off to a solid start. Do you have a marketing plan?

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Omaryoungjr4,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:

I took a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

First, I like that you have a niche in mind and have curated products for that niche. That being said, I see one major issue right away and that is that you are selling products that are already widely available both online, offline and through Amazon. When a person is searching for say "Magna Tiles" in Google (which is similar to this product of yours), big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be that you are a person with a following of moms that would use your link to purchase products. In your case since you do not currently have that following, a good way to set yourself apart is to offer trending or winning products. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

We show you how to find winning products in this video:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. Using the same example from above, you have your product named "Magic Magnetic 3D Building Blocks" but most people trying to find this type of product are going to type in "Magna Tiles". You want to make sure you are using the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

The partner products you have displayed are unrelated to the products you sell and therefore look out of place. I would remove these:

parner-products2.png

parner-products1.png

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook