Store Feedback

Solved
KayC90
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello, 

I'm looking for some feedback on my store before launching it please? 

www.home-aesthetics.co.uk 

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2482 340 1663

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KayC90

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here and after browsing your store, I see that this is an amazing work, the site looks incredible. And I think I only have a few comments on how you can improve more about the site. You can check out this Ultimate Checklist on Best Practices To Optimize Your Conversion Rate .

I/ Homepage

1. Make the Announcement Bar sticky. I understand that you have a very tempting offer to your customers, but you don't want them to ignore them right? A repetitive display of your offer might peak interest from your customers and act as a plus when they're considering purchasing the product. 

PageFly_0-1629217092152.png

2. I really like the Hover effect for your Collection Images. The layout looks clean and professional, and the images is in high quality as well. 

3. There's an error in your price display I suppose? I can see in the Product List, some products have a price but some do not.

PageFly_1-1629217247171.png

II/ Collection page

1. Add CTA button for Product Lists. CTA buttons serve as a guidance to your customers to know what to do next when browsing through your store.

PageFly_2-1629217631422.png

2. Add Secondary Hover Image. This will help your customers understand more about the products regarding sizes, which helps them decide whether to buy the product more easily.

III/ Product page

1. Use a combination of bullet points and texts for Product Description.

PageFly_3-1629217724170.png

Overall, this is a very clean layout website and you must have put a lot of time and effort into this. You can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2482 340 1663

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KayC90

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App  here and after browsing your store, I see that this is an amazing work, the site looks incredible. And I think I only have a few comments on how you can improve more about the site. You can check out this Ultimate Checklist on Best Practices To Optimize Your Conversion Rate .

I/ Homepage

1. Make the Announcement Bar sticky. I understand that you have a very tempting offer to your customers, but you don't want them to ignore them right? A repetitive display of your offer might peak interest from your customers and act as a plus when they're considering purchasing the product. 

PageFly_0-1629217092152.png

2. I really like the Hover effect for your Collection Images. The layout looks clean and professional, and the images is in high quality as well. 

3. There's an error in your price display I suppose? I can see in the Product List, some products have a price but some do not.

PageFly_1-1629217247171.png

II/ Collection page

1. Add CTA button for Product Lists. CTA buttons serve as a guidance to your customers to know what to do next when browsing through your store.

PageFly_2-1629217631422.png

2. Add Secondary Hover Image. This will help your customers understand more about the products regarding sizes, which helps them decide whether to buy the product more easily.

III/ Product page

1. Use a combination of bullet points and texts for Product Description.

PageFly_3-1629217724170.png

Overall, this is a very clean layout website and you must have put a lot of time and effort into this. You can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @KayC90,

Congratulations on your store build and upcoming launch! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

home-aesthetics.png

FIRST IMPRESSION
Your have a dark color scheme, it's personally not something I like to see in websites mainly for two reasons. 1. Having a white font against a black background is a high contrast and oftentimes hard on the eyes 2. Because the background stands out so much it draws the eye to it but ultimately that isn't where you want people to be looking, you want the eye drawn to your product photos. I personally feel that a lighter design looks more professional and makes the photos (your products) the star instead of the background. The other thing about your current style/theme is that it's adding a dark overlay to all of your images, you don't want this, you want your photos to stand out and look bright and to draw the eye in. Overall, I feel your website needs some brightness, right now it feels as if you are viewing everything in dim lighting. 

THEME
With your current theme, you have to hover over each individual product in order to see a price. This isn't user friendly, that information should be displayed right away. I doubt visitors are going to take the time to go over each image, they will likely click off and look elsewhere. For this reason and the reasons I listed above, I’d recommend a theme change. I know it’s no small task, however, the visitor's first impression establishes whether they feel your store is trustworthy or not. I would highly recommend Debutify, you can download it for free or upgrade to one of their paid plans in order to gain access to their add-ons. They have 53 add-ons that will definitely save you money on monthly app costs. Some of my favorites are collection filters, custom currencies, delivery time and trust badges. We did a review on the theme in this video if you want to take a look:

PS: If you decide to give Debutify a try, here is our affiliate link: https://debutify.sjv.io/c/2837919/972143/12660

Using our affiliate link helps support us at no extra cost to you by telling Debutify we sent you.

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. The Skull Coasters for example, the text is very brief and is missing answers to questions your visitor may have such as "what are they made of?" There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

SHIPPING ERROR
At checkout, it appears that you ship worldwide. However, when you move to payment, your get a shipping error (“This order can’t be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information.”). I would recommend going through on the back end and removing any areas you don’t currently ship to.

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you if/when you run paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

PRODUCTS
The last thing I'll touch on are your products. As you know, home goods/decor can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a bedding set or towels in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

KayC90
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, 

Thanks for taking the time to go through my store. 

Shopify stores are all unique in their own way. There are 3 Products featured on my storefront in blocks Bath towels, Bedding, and Home Decor items that my store actually sells, if the dark theme draws customer's eyes to these items then it's doing what I intended it to do. 

In the shipping policies and in the delivery & returns section it clearly states shipping is only provided to UK Mainland. 

I've now turned off the hovering feature in relation to the prices,  that you've mentioned - thank you for this 

As my social media pages do not have much following, providing them makes no difference when influencing a customer's decision to buy, however, my pages are available should they wish to research.

My Banner matches the look and feel of my store. 

I've taken into consideration your feedback on the skull coasters and you were right the supplier didn't provide much information on this item and it has now been removed from my product listing. And I will also give some thought to the why us section. 

Thank you.

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @KayC90 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. However, it is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
KayC90
Tourist
3 0 0
Hi thank you for the suggestion I've registered my store on this platform
but their logo sizing seems a little awkward.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can sort this out please?