Store Review - Beginner, traffic but no add to carts.

Store Review - Beginner, traffic but no add to carts.

ADD100
4 0 2

Hello Community, 

As the title says, I've only had about 3-5 months of experience with my website, so I'd say I'm a beginner and I hope you guys can give me some critique here and there.

Within the first month, I ran Google ads to my page and made a solid $1,000 in sales. So I thought that I could double down and really improve the website to boost conversions. So I made the layout more appealing (I've attached what the site used to look like as a .ppt file), and improved the About page, Policy pages, and more.

After improving this, I ran ads again, waited 1-2 weeks for results, got 650 sessions from FB and Google ads, and absolutely 0 "add to carts". Whereas when I had the old website, within the space of 2 weeks I got 1,295 sessions, 10 "add to carts", 8 "Reached checkout" and 4 conversions, just from Google ads. 

I'm starting to think there's something critically wrong with my website that either puts people off as soon as they land on it. The page speed is consistently +80

Thank you for your help 🙂

Replies 2 (2)

namitjindal
Excursionist
25 2 4

Hey ADD100,

Firstly, I understand your predicament. It is very important to get sales as a new Shopify owner but I want you to know that 650 sessions is a very small sample size. A lot of factors could be impacting your sessions.
I suggest building your traffic from other sources as well so that you can keep your cost of customer acquisition low.

We will be looking at optimizing your store in a customer-centric + data-driven way:

Customer-Centric: We will use the best CRO practices, human psychology, and a customer-centric approach to improve your website. Here are my suggestions:

Home Page - On average, most potential Customers make a decision within the first 7 seconds. After that, they find reasons to solidify their initial reasoning. 

The traffic you get is absolutely cold. They don't know, and they don't trust you. So we want to form a great first impression.

"Free Shipping Section Offer line"
- Center this under the logo. It looks asymmetrical at the moment

Navigation Header

- I love this section! No immediate changes needed

Hero Section
- Hero Title: "Welcome to Duance & Co." - "Welcome to" is one of the lowest performing Hero titles we have seen across more than 300 A/B tests and 200,000 sessions.  Change this to a customer-centric benefit-focused line. At the risk of not knowing your business enough, you can write something about how luxury watches will improve their style, maybe about how these watches will help them in social groups, etc. (I will have to learn more about your business to give you something better)

- Subtext: I like Made by Creators for Creators if your target market is "Creators". The word "creators" is vague as well and might not fit a lot of people." Change that to something people can relate to. 

If your target market is creators, no need to make changes. 

- Authority - Move as seen on "Forbes, Vogue" right after the hero section. Make this more prominent and bigger

- Social Proof - Showcase this higher. This helps to create trust 

- Benefits - Customer Support, Payments, etc., should be higher up

- Footer: There is a random image here, and I would clean this section up

Remember: Any mistake on your website, and you lose the visitor. The industry is brutal when it comes to unpolished websites.

Collections Page

Filters - Add, if possible

Products Showcase - Add tags like "Best Seller," "Store Recommended, " etc.
Reviews - Add reviews here

Product Page
Replace Ask a question with Description/Shipping.
I would remove Ask a question since you have a chat section. This real estate could be used for something else. 

Data-Driven Approach:
Look at your current data from Analytics / Hotjar and see where the customer dropoff is. Change pages with higher dropoffs first

After implementing these best practices, analyze data from Analytics + Hotjar. Keep reiterating on what is not working.

I did a quick scan of your website, and this is what I found. If you found this helpful and want me to do a complimentary full teardown, feel free to DM or email me!

We increase your sales without increasing your marketing budget
One Day Design
namit@oneday.design

PageFly-Kate
Shopify Partner
1194 343 356

Hi @ADD100 ,

This is Kate from PageFly - Shopify Landing Page Builder.

Congratulations! Your store is pretty. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store. I have just some small things for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Streamline Navigation

Currently, the menu options are extensive and may overwhelm visitors. Consider simplifying the menu by categorizing the services into broader sections or using drop-down menus to provide a more organized and user-friendly browsing experience. Clear and concise labels for each menu item will help visitors find the information they are looking for more easily.

A fixed header improves the user experience by allowing customers to access the menu navigation effortlessly as they scroll up or down the page. Additionally, the sticky header ensures that the Search field remains easily accessible, enabling customers to quickly find desired products.

Your header is sticky but the menu of product/collection is not:

PageFlyKate_1-1685952708824.png

PageFlyKate_0-1685952675731.png

2. Testimonials and Client Success Stories

Adding a dedicated section for testimonials and client success stories can significantly enhance the credibility and trustworthiness of Duance & Co. Gather testimonials from satisfied clients and showcase them on a dedicated page or incorporate them strategically throughout the website. Include client names, company logos (if applicable), and specific details about the services provided and the positive outcomes achieved. This will help potential clients see the real-world impact of working with Duance & Co and build confidence in their expertise.

3. FAQ Section

Incorporating a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section can address common inquiries and alleviate potential concerns or doubts that visitors may have. Compile a list of frequently asked questions related to services, pricing, process, or any other relevant topics. Present the questions in a clear and organized manner, with concise answers that provide valuable information. This section will help streamline communication, provide immediate answers to common queries, and potentially reduce the number of support requests or inquiries.

4. Mobile Responsiveness

Ensure that the website is fully responsive and optimized for mobile devices. With a growing number of users accessing websites through mobile devices, it is crucial to provide a seamless browsing experience on different screen sizes. Test the website on various mobile devices to ensure that all content, images, and functionality are accessible and user-friendly.

5. Go with the Trends/Holidays

With Father's Day around the corner, now is the ideal opportunity to enhance your store's conversion rate. Consider implementing a dedicated gift guide section, crafting exclusive offers and discounts tailored for Father's Day, and designing Father's Day-themed banners and product showcases. These strategies will help capture the attention of customers and inspire them to make purchases, increasing your overall conversion rate during this special occasion. Your watches might be a great gift for fathers.

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope my solutions can help you improve your CRO.
Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.