Store Unavailable

pravindran
3 0 0

I have yesterday (16th July 2021) made payment for certain items and have received order number as 1896 but today I am not able to reach the website.  I get message as "Store is unavailable".   The website is not opening.    Is there any way to contact them and get the materials ordered or get refund from them.   Kindly help.   Thanks

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
973 64 161

Hi, @pravindran!

I'm Ava from Shopify, I'd like to help point you in the right direction for an answer here.

Shopify is the software that some shops use to build their website and shopping cart. We don't ship or manage the stores’ inventory or orders. Each merchant's shop is an independent business and they are responsible for running their business (fulfilling orders, etc).

While we would not have contact details for individual stores or information on what they sell, I'm sure if you check their website via Google search, you can find a Contact Us page so you can ask the merchant directly! If you've already tried to contact this merchant and are seeing a 'Store Unavailable' message, it may be best to contact your bank to see if they can refund you your money. 

We have a detailed FAQ page here to help you with the next steps. I'm sure this will be resolved for you soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
pravindran
3 0 0

I have tried to contact them through a number I found on Google search but that number is not a valid number.   Now same materials are on display on Facebook using different website.  t seems they are changing the name of website.    Thank you     Ravindran

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
973 64 161

I'm so sorry to hear that!

If there is a store that you believe is behaving fraudulently, you can submit a complaint form straight to our legal team via this link. Our team will be able to investigate these claims, and if this store is found to be using Shopify as a platform, they will no longer be allowed to continue using our services. 

I would recommend reaching out to your bank or financial institution to speak to them about getting your money back if you feel like this order has fallen through. They will be able to trace your funds once they left your credit/debit card and hopefully can return them to you. This process is called a chargeback, and it is well worth exploring if you can't meet in touch with the merchant directly. Your bank will be able to instruct you on the next steps here.

I do hope this is resolved for you soon! 

Ava

0 Likes
pravindran
3 0 0

As advised by you, I have contacted my bank,   and I am informed that I should get touch with the merchant for getting my money back.  This is impossible as the merchant has not left any contact address, or email id.   The phone number which I could get through Google was wrong.   Anyways, I would request that please verify the credentials of your clients before they utilise your software/platform.

Thanks

Ravindran

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
973 64 161

Hi again, Ravindran.

It's great to hear you contacted your bank, as that is the next best step to take. Your bank should be able to complete a process for you called a chargeback. This is a process where they investigate the funds after they've left your account in order to recover those funds back to you. There is more information here on what a chargeback looks like from the merchant's point of view, as we wouldn't have details on what that looks like from the customer's point of view. Could you ask your bank directly if they will complete the chargeback process for you?

If your bank themselves are saying this is not something they can help you with, then I would recommend reaching out to your debit or credit card provider to see if they can file the chargeback. For example, if you have a Visa debit card you can contact Visa. or if you paid via PayPal, PayPal should be able to help you out here.

Our internal teams are consistently providing checks on merchants who use our platforms, making sure there are no fraudulent users and all businesses are running above board. If any particular merchant slips through the crack of our testing and is acting in a way you believe to be fraudulent, we would always ask that you report this merchant as soon as possible via our AUP violation link. This is so our Risk Analysts and Legal team can investigate further.

I do hope this is resolved for you as soon as possible!

Ava

0 Likes