Store unavailable

TylesM
1 0 0

After I added my payment method, it said this store is unavailable. This behavior acts like a scam website, collectting people's credit card information. Horrible!!!

Reply 1 (1)
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
914 117 149

Hi @TylesM,

My name is Moira and I work with the Social Care team here at Shopify.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I can understand why you are upset. I want to stress, we absolutely do not condone any type of fraudulent activity on Shopify.

Since Shopify is a platform that many businesses use and because we don't directly manage orders or collect payments on behalf of the merchants, we do not have direct insight into whether or not orders are being completed or if customers are receiving the items they are ordering. By reporting a store to us we can then investigate that account and ensure it is upholding our standards of business. 

We suggest you review Shopify’s Acceptable Use Policy here. Shopify’s AUP describes the activities that are not permitted on the Shopify platform. If you believe a store is operating in violation of our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), please fill out an AUP report here. Although we cannot confirm publicly here if any website is using Shopify or not, it's recommended to submit this report if you believe that the specific site is using Shopify as their platform.

Once you have submitted a report through our Acceptable Use Policy page to note this merchant's fraudulent behavior and supplied evidence to support your claim as well, then rest assured that it is with our team and being looked into.

I recommend this FAQ post here to check on any other steps you can take.

Thank you,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog