I have been running my ecommerce website Yesterday's Girl since 2018 and have always struggled to convert visitors to paying customers. I dont make many sales which is okay as I make all of the garments myself in small numbers alongside working full time. However recently i have struggled to make any sales.
Recently I launched a spring sale and drove over 750 people to the website in a week with organic social media, paid Facebook ads, Google search ads and email marketing. However I only got 9 adds to cart, 3 to checkout and no sales.
I have abandon checkout emails set up but these can only go to people who have started checkout not those who have just added to cart. I have tried Facebook retargetting but the website visitor numbers are so small that those retargetting ads work out very expensive.
I did have "making of" videos and videos showing the clothing on the homepage - to show how much goes into making my garments - but they slowed the loading times too much.
I am struggling to think about what I can do to improve sales. I know postage costs will be a factor but unfortunately I cannot afford to absorb the postage costs, certainly not internationally.
I would really appreciate honest feedback on what I could do on the site perhaps to make people more likely to convert.
Hello @YesterdaysGirl, I hope you are doing well! Your store looks professional and aesthetically appealing. Here are some inputs from my side:
- Add a favicon.
- Run paid ads targeting the right audience. It will help you to drive traffic and conversions.
- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.`
- Work on SEO, enable social media conversions.
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
- Incentivize customers. Give them rewards and discounts. You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase the conversion and customer retention rate.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
Hope you doing well.
I've just had a quick review of your store, you are doing a good job. However, there is something that could be changed.
On the homepage
- The promo bar is not freezing, so your customer might miss it.
- There might be an issue in the Sign-up section because it covers the currency one.
- When you customer reaches the home page, a menu shows up then disappears, which means the loading times need to be improved.
- Aligning the product's image site is also important, which shows how professional your site is.
- When your customer hovers to the product image on the Home page, there is not any quick view or quick buy buttons until I click on the product image
- Your dresses are adorable, and I believe your customers will be more interested in the feedback and reviews of the products. You can create a feedback section on the Home page or review sections on the product page.
Move on to your Product page:
As you can see, the quantity section is missed
I think that the description is quite long
- When you customer scrolls down, they don't know how many products in my cart, and in case they want to add to the cart, they have to scroll up.
There is a great solution is a sticky add-to-cart bar, your customer can know their cart detail and "Add to cart" whenever they want.
We also have a development service, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have any questions.
Hope my suggestions can help you.
Happy selling @YesterdaysGirl
Thank you @AllFetch for your constructive comments. I will look into all of those, very helpful.
If anyone has any other feedback on why my abandon cart rate is so high I would be grateful.
@YesterdaysGirl, to reduce the abandoned cart rate you should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandon your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.
Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
I am Vinod from Bombay India. Hope you're doing good. I am a digital marketing consultant by profession providing professional website design and development, Google abd bing ads email marketing and Conversion rate optimization services.
I saw your store I must say awesome site, great vintage and elegant dress collection.
I would first suggest to stop the pop up which comes instantly.
On product details page pls turn off the footer area add to cart option if possible as it's taking lot of space.
Also in mobile the currency converter icon and cart icon is coming in between while browsing the products details page up and down.
also when i click the bottom ADD TO CART button - it added the product and took me to checkout directly
Also on laptop the product details page is not showing complete data - see below
Is it possible for you to discuss this further on email or phone as I need to understand are you targeting your products correctly to audience and which channels are you using for marketing.
I want to see the analytics report too.
You can email me on
Coming back to your marketing efforts are you doing correct targeting of your campaigns. Are you doing shopping ads from Bing and Google?
Remarketing have you included filtered visitors.
Email marketing how are you using that?
Use the built in Shopify email for cart recovery.
Let me know a good time of your availability I have also emailed you.
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022