Submit your questions now | The power of data to sell smarter | Oct 14 @ 12pm PST / 5pm EST

Solved
SarahF_Shopify
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
123 1 27

Join us for the 3rd of our live virtual events to help prepare you for the holiday selling season ahead: The power of data to sell smarter this peak season

Register now!

October 14 @ 12pm PST/5pm EST/9pm GMT/9am NZT

Make this holiday selling season your best yet by learning how to identify key metrics and trends using analytics. Join Shopify Expert, Kurt Elster of Ethercycle, in this workshop to understand how your numbers can help you make data-informed decisions for your business this peak selling season and beyond.

Thread your questions below to participate in this live discussion. Ask our expert your burning questions around the power of data. 

If you aren't able to join us live, don't hesitate to sign up to receive the recording after the event.

Sarah | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 119 150

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @meltorfaenhoney,

It appears that you may need to adjust some of the domain records to resolve this DNS error, then your website will be back up and running!

Have you purchased or connected a domain to your store recently?

To access your website domain section click Online Store > Domains and see what the current status of the domain looks like. Does the domain say Connected, Not Connected, or Action Required?

If it says Not Connected, you'll want to make sure your DNS settings are pointed to Shopify. If you've purchased your domain through a third party, then you need to edit the following DNS settings:

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65

• Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com

If the domain says Action Required, click on it and follow the instruction provided in the admin. Often times it's related to email verification. You may see a yellow banner that allows you to resend the verification email. If this is what you see, go ahead and resend the email, and follow the prompts found in said email.

TIP: If you want to manage all of your domain settings directly in your Shopify admin without accessing a third-party provider, you can also transfer your domain to Shopify. You will then be able to adjust your domain settings, create subdomains, pay for your domain, and renew your domain on the Domains page.

If you purchased your domain directly from Shopify, one of our support advisors will be able to directly look into your account and resolve the error. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Google & Facebook Ads

Google suspensions tend to occur if a store does not comply with its terms of service. Have you been able to identify any possible causes when reading through the policies?

The most common issues are:

• Not adding full contact details page linked from the footer (email, phone number, address, contact form)

• Not having a valid checkout

• Not having returns and refund, delivery, privacy policy, and terms of service pages

• Selling products that are not allowed

• Selling products that are not stocked

• Not adding any added content, and simply copy-pasting other sites

• Having multiple websites in the same niche

• Not being honest with what you sell or how you portray the business

• Having a low trust factor

You can ask Google for specific examples of policy violations. To do so, follow the link below and check the box, "I need more info":

Facebook suspensions are similar. This error occurs when Facebook has reviewed an account and determined that it is in violation of their Commerce or Integrity policies. I'd recommend contacting Facebook directly to resolve this issue. You can get in touch with their support team from the Facebook Help Center below:

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
meltorfaenhoney
1 0 0

Cannot connect google ads - google keeps suspending my merchant account Never actually been able to place an add.

Facebook does same as google and blocks my shopify site on facebook. 

At a mere 10 orders a month my site is obviously blocked and not visible on the Web. I am not getting what I pay Shopify for. 

www.meltorfaenhoney.cymru 

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 119 150

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @meltorfaenhoney,

It appears that you may need to adjust some of the domain records to resolve this DNS error, then your website will be back up and running!

Have you purchased or connected a domain to your store recently?

To access your website domain section click Online Store > Domains and see what the current status of the domain looks like. Does the domain say Connected, Not Connected, or Action Required?

If it says Not Connected, you'll want to make sure your DNS settings are pointed to Shopify. If you've purchased your domain through a third party, then you need to edit the following DNS settings:

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65

• Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com

If the domain says Action Required, click on it and follow the instruction provided in the admin. Often times it's related to email verification. You may see a yellow banner that allows you to resend the verification email. If this is what you see, go ahead and resend the email, and follow the prompts found in said email.

TIP: If you want to manage all of your domain settings directly in your Shopify admin without accessing a third-party provider, you can also transfer your domain to Shopify. You will then be able to adjust your domain settings, create subdomains, pay for your domain, and renew your domain on the Domains page.

If you purchased your domain directly from Shopify, one of our support advisors will be able to directly look into your account and resolve the error. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Google & Facebook Ads

Google suspensions tend to occur if a store does not comply with its terms of service. Have you been able to identify any possible causes when reading through the policies?

The most common issues are:

• Not adding full contact details page linked from the footer (email, phone number, address, contact form)

• Not having a valid checkout

• Not having returns and refund, delivery, privacy policy, and terms of service pages

• Selling products that are not allowed

• Selling products that are not stocked

• Not adding any added content, and simply copy-pasting other sites

• Having multiple websites in the same niche

• Not being honest with what you sell or how you portray the business

• Having a low trust factor

You can ask Google for specific examples of policy violations. To do so, follow the link below and check the box, "I need more info":

Facebook suspensions are similar. This error occurs when Facebook has reviewed an account and determined that it is in violation of their Commerce or Integrity policies. I'd recommend contacting Facebook directly to resolve this issue. You can get in touch with their support team from the Facebook Help Center below:

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify