Super struggling with the sales coming in

DancedeMinuit
2 0 0

Hi community,

so we are a little bit in a demotivation phase as we are very much struggling to get sales in.

We have been currently one year on the market and started very very slow and after 6 months we start capturing sales, April was the best month for us in terms of orders and revenue. To be quite honest we are still away to break zero, but we move slow. As of July onwards our sales went super down and specially this month we are struggling to get anything in.

So far we have been doing quite a continuous advertising via Instagram (we have daily running ads) and been involved with some micro-influencers to support us growing. We do lot of content marketing via Shopify blog and Instagram Stories, Reels and recently Guide. We are very closely observing any tip Shopify give us in terms improvement, but things are not getting better.

Any tip or advise will be awesome as we are unfortunately a little bit desperate.

Thanks and best regards,

Iva

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1051 142 343

Hello Iva @DancedeMinuit,

I'd be happy to take a look and provide feedback. When you post your store URL, tag me @EcomGeeks so I know to come back to this post :).

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

DancedeMinuit
2 0 0
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
64 8 15

Hi, @DancedeMinuit!

Thanks for reaching out on our Shopify Community Forums. I can empathize with your situation here, as I know firsthand on what it's like to run an online business. It's definitely a journey full of ups and downs, and for some of us things can move a bit slower than what we'd like it to be. It's great that you're reaching out for some feedback and tips however, so hopefully our wonderful community of entrepreneurs here will jump in and continue to suggest different strategies that you can look into.

I've taken a look at your store, and I'm really impressed by your store design and content. You've pretty much ticked all of the boxes here in terms of content – your About Us, Contact, and Policy pages are all present and easy to be found. As a first time visitor to your store, I also appreciate how easy it is to navigate through your website, and how clean your design is. Your product photography also has to be commended here – you've managed to inject your store's personality to them, while still enabling your visitors to inspect the product in great detail before purchasing.

I only have one small suggestion where your store content is concerned, and that is to remove the Powered by Shopify writing from your store's footer. By removing this text, it will allow your store to appear more professional overall, as the text draws the attention away from your brand. It might seem like a minuscule detail to remove, but even the smallest of wording can distract visitors. Plus, this text links directly to our Shopify website, so this poses as a potential increase to your website's bounce rate, as customers may leave your site and not come back, should they click on this text.

Where your marketing strategy is concerned, it's really great to see that you're consistently running advertisements on your social media pages. You highlighted in particular that you've focused your advertising efforts on Instagram – have you also tried marketing your store and products elsewhere? If you haven't already, I highly suggest looking into advertising on other social media platforms too, such as Facebook. If you have the Facebook Pixel installed on your store, this is a great opportunity to make use of the data that the Pixel collects, to retarget and tailor your ads to specific audiences. We have a great how-to blog here on how to create better ads using Facebook Pixel, feel free to take a look at it for more information too.

While we're on the topic of Facebook, are you a part of any Facebook groups at all? I've personally found that advertising on a local Facebook group (if they allow it) can also help with getting the word out there for your store, and to the right target audience too. As an example, there's a local Facebook group in my area where tens of thousands of fellow entrepreneurs and shoppers alike can chat and share their favourite stores. The admin of the group allows business owners to advertise on their group page, for a small fee. Compared to how much an Instagram or Facebook ads can cost, advertising on local group pages like this can be a more cost-effective solution. Plus, depending on the group, they'll have an added bonus of having an audience that is active and engaging. So it's worthwhile to look around and join different groups that you feel caters towards your target market!

Last but not least, I'd also like to highlight the power of analytics. When shipping out new marketing campaigns, remember to keep track of your analytics so that you know and are aware of how your campaign is performing. This will allow you to understand which strategies and campaigns have worked more than others, and will help you tailor a marketing strategy that works best for your business. At the end of the day, all businesses require different plans and have different methods that work. Advertising also requires trial and error, so don't be too discouraged if a particular ad you're running isn't performing as well as you'd hope it would be. Instead, view it as an opportunity to continue exploring other means of advertising that will work best for your business!

Let me know how you get on with the information above! I'd be happy to help if you have any other questions.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hello  @DancedeMinuit

I’m Richard Nguyen - from PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder

I very much love your store design and I think others will love it. However, it takes time to promote your bands to target audiences. 

For your product page, I suggest adding testimonial/customer reviews. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos. According to BigCommerce, customers who interact with a review are 58% more likely to convert and 50 or more reviews can generate a 4.6% increase in conversion rates. Wouldn’t you like to grab a slice of that action? It just goes to show that the more positive testimonials you can get from your customers, the more likely it is you’ll convert more

Here are some best practices I suggest you should try: 

• Email marketing:

It’s become one of the most cost-effective and conversion-rich ways to market an ecommerce store today, with an average return of $42 for every dollar spent. You can create automated email marketing campaigns to connect with customers and keep them coming back, such as: Transactional emails, Abandoned Shopping Cart email, Promotional emails, Lifecycle emails,...

• Video marketing: Tiktok video (tutorial video, product video,..). Trends like short-form videos (think TikTok) and live streaming are also here to stay. Ecommerce brands can monetize them by selling products directly through the video.
  • Use Push Notifications to Boost Sales
  • Set up Upsell/Cross-Sell at checkout
  • Offer personalized product recommendations
  • Get referrals from your existing customers
  • Add subscriptions boxes to your online store
  • Add a pre-order option to your Shopify store for out-of-stock items
  • Create and sell personalizable and customizable products
  • Leverage Buy Now, Pay Later Payment option 

I suggest you should read this article for more details: Ramp up your Shopify Sales with simple ideas

And that's my feedback. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize a Shopify store from PageFly, hope it helps!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Get insightful tips to hit more sales in upcoming BFCM.

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1051 142 343

Hey @DancedeMinuit,

I did a video review of your store, you can watch it here :):

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes