FROM CACHE - en_header

Terrible Unacceptable Unbelievable Shopify Support , SHOPIFY NOT RECOMMENED!!! VENTURE THEME PROBLEM

Frankyang
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi 

I am new to SHOPIFY and I would like to share my terrible experience with SHOPIFY.

I have recently built my website, when I tried to index my site on google search console, google tells me my site has meta tag "noindex' so my site cannot be indexed on Google.  I checked my code editor as well as opening my home page with chrome developer tool, that meta tag " noindex" is nowhere to be foundi searched online and this seem to be a common issue but nobody online seems to have the answer. Therefore I tried to contact SHOPIFY SUPPORT for the first time. 

1 Runnamed.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-07 at 11.40.14 PM.png

In the chat history you can see, the agent promised me someone will get back to me but no one ever did!

Therefore I contacted the support for the second time,

This time the agent seemed to understand what is happening and promised to escalate this for me and she ended the chat. But no one ever got back to me after. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 11.44.28 PM.png

So third round,

The support agent says I was disconnected so nobody got back to me. Excuse me ?  The agent ended the chat!! 

This agent told me it is my problem why google would not index my site, I told him i have never edited any code and I have no reason to put "noindex" tag there to tell google not to crawl my page. Then this agent tells me I need to hire an expert to solve the issue. EXCUSE ME AGAIN? It is so obvious that the theme has a problem that is causing the indexing issue why do i have to pay an expert to fix your theme problem? This agent has no idea what I am saying so I decided to call in. 

Forth round

I called in and explained my issue again to the agent who answered the call ( almost went crazy), the agent told me he will  get in touch with a theme support team and will get back to me later.

She did get back to me later by sending me this email,

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 11.55.39 PM.png

She basically told me to hire an expert again to solve their theme issue, to proof SHOPIFY SUPPORT IS WRONG, TO PROVE SHOPIFY THEME IS GARBAGE, TO PROOF SHOPIFY SUPPORT WOULD FIX THEIR OWN THEME PROBLEM BUT ASK THEIR CUSTOMER TO HIRE SOMEONE TO FIX THEIR ISSUE, 

i INSTALLED A FRESN THEME WHICH I HAVE NEVER TOUCHED NOTHING,  after published, it can not be indexed, cannot be crawled at all.  !!! SEE BELOW VIDEO LINK

https://youtu.be/MsHjHGTi1VM

I have asked Shopify support three times to help me with a very simple issue they just would not help!!!!!!!  Their theme is broken, they would not admit it, they will not help, they will not provide support, BUT THEY ASK YOU TO PAY EXTRA TO FIX THEIR PROBLEM!

I am leaving this garbage platform forever!!!!!!!

Replies 4 (4)
Frankyang
Tourist
3 0 2

I do not recommend shopify to anyone.

After connecting my shop to Google, my google merchant account and ad account are all suspended!!! For no reason!!!!

Jaykino
1 0 0

Totally agreed. Terrible customer service.

PartnersWire
Shopify Partner
41 3 14

Hi @Frankyang 

It could be very exhausting exchanging emails w/ shopify support however, shopify is the growing platform for ecommerce 🙂