Thoughts for improvement on my recently launched eyewear store - www.eyevault.com.au

EyeVault
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello Shopify Community,

The store URL is www.eyevault.com.au 

The store is currently live and the stats show that customers are only on the website for 10-20 seconds on average ~ they are not spending too much time browsing and making orders on the store.

Is there anything I can include to make the shopping experience better and engage the audience more?

I'm hoping to change and include a paid theme titled 'Avenue'. Do you think this will make a significant difference from the store that is live currently?

Thank you for reading my post and looking forward to reading the feedback the community provides! 🙂 

Replies 6 (6)
DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 57 84

Hi @EyeVault!

I checked out your store. Yes it’s definitely a great idea to use premium themes as they tend to give a more professional look and feel to the website. Plus, the attractiveness of the theme will make visitors spend more time on your store. The more time one spends, the higher the chances of converting that visitor.

I recommend you use the Unero Theme.

Try to add customer feedback on your products - this will garner more trust and increase conversion rates.

I also suggest you use high-quality 3D images. Also, you should add attractive images to the main page.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2479 340 1659

Hi @EyeVault 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 90.000 active Shopify merchants. 

Your store has some good points:

• Have a favicon: This is one of the great things to make your store unique. 
  • Have a slideshow with clear CTA buttons
  • Have brands list: It helps to increase the credibility and gives customers more choices

However, I have some recommendations for you

1. Home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Show other product types

I notice that your store provides 3 collections but on the home page, you just show some featured products of 1 collection. So I highly recommend you should show more featured products of other collections. When people visit your home page and they are looking for contact lenses, they will take action when they see them on the home page.

This helps to catch more customer attention and keeps them staying longer to discover more.

1.3 Add section about your brand story

A business can stand out with their brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

1.4 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can show testimonials in a slideshow, let’s consult my Stella template

Stella – PageFly 2020-12-09 09-11-17.png

1.5 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed. I notice you encourage customers to use the hashtag so it will be better if you also show Instagram feed. PageFly also has the Instagram element for you.

=> I have a guide on personalizing the Shopify home page, check it if you are interested in it because it provides many tips.

2. Collection page

I take this page for example https://eyevault.com.au/collections/sunglasses

2.1 Use Load more button instead of using Pagination

Designer Sunglasses _ Upto 50% Off _ Eye Vault Australia _ Free Shipping 2021-05-01 22-13-56.png

Generally, customers are discouraged from browsing more of the product list that has multiple pagination links (the number of pages) and they spend more time on the first page. 

By using the Load more button, customers can compare products loading on one page. This helps to create a constant buying experience for customers and decreases the bounce rate.

2.2 Have secondary hover images for the product list

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product, and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers

3. Product page

For example this one https://eyevault.com.au/collections/sunglasses/products/swarovski-sk0263

3.1 Add more images of the human model

Showing 3-5 different angles of the product is a good point. However, showing images on the human model will help customers to imagine how the product is on their body.

To approximate the information such as length, overall fit, your store really needs to provide images of the product being worn on a human model because if some of the customers take a lot of time to think about how the socks on their foot, they can stop buying and find other websites.

3.2 Add a customer review section

A review widget is highly recommended on a product page so other customers can see others' feedback. With a review widget, there is a button to encourage customers to leave reviews. As I mentioned above, Loox and Yotpo are good. 

This is a good way to encourage customers to view more products because your store is proactively giving them more choices.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to you build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

EyeVault
Tourist
4 0 1

@DigitalArtisans wrote:

Hi @EyeVault!

I checked out your store. Yes it’s definitely a great idea to use premium themes as they tend to give a more professional look and feel to the website. Plus, the attractiveness of the theme will make visitors spend more time on your store. The more time one spends, the higher the chances of converting that visitor.

I recommend you use the Unero Theme.

Try to add customer feedback on your products - this will garner more trust and increase conversion rates.

I also suggest you use high-quality 3D images. Also, you should add attractive images to the main page.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Thank you for your reply @DigitalArtisans ! 

Is there a specific reason to choose the Unero theme? I checked it out and it doesn't stand out as much.

Customer feedback - once i get a few sales, will definitely put this up to try and increase conversion.

What kind of images would you recommend for the homepage? More slideshow based posts? or static?

EyeVault
Tourist
4 0 1

@PageFly wrote:

Hi @EyeVault 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 90.000 active Shopify merchants. 

Your store has some good points:

• Have a favicon: This is one of the great things to make your store unique. 
  • Have a slideshow with clear CTA buttons
  • Have brands list: It helps to increase the credibility and gives customers more choices

However, I have some recommendations for you

1. Home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Show other product types

I notice that your store provides 3 collections but on the home page, you just show some featured products of 1 collection. So I highly recommend you should show more featured products of other collections. When people visit your home page and they are looking for contact lenses, they will take action when they see them on the home page.

This helps to catch more customer attention and keeps them staying longer to discover more.

1.3 Add section about your brand story

A business can stand out with their brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

1.4 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can show testimonials in a slideshow, let’s consult my Stella template

Stella – PageFly 2020-12-09 09-11-17.png

1.5 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed. I notice you encourage customers to use the hashtag so it will be better if you also show Instagram feed. PageFly also has the Instagram element for you.

=> I have a guide on personalizing the Shopify home page, check it if you are interested in it because it provides many tips.

2. Collection page

I take this page for example https://eyevault.com.au/collections/sunglasses

2.1 Use Load more button instead of using Pagination

Designer Sunglasses _ Upto 50% Off _ Eye Vault Australia _ Free Shipping 2021-05-01 22-13-56.png

Generally, customers are discouraged from browsing more of the product list that has multiple pagination links (the number of pages) and they spend more time on the first page. 

By using the Load more button, customers can compare products loading on one page. This helps to create a constant buying experience for customers and decreases the bounce rate.

2.2 Have secondary hover images for the product list

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product, and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers

3. Product page

For example this one https://eyevault.com.au/collections/sunglasses/products/swarovski-sk0263

3.1 Add more images of the human model

Showing 3-5 different angles of the product is a good point. However, showing images on the human model will help customers to imagine how the product is on their body.

To approximate the information such as length, overall fit, your store really needs to provide images of the product being worn on a human model because if some of the customers take a lot of time to think about how the socks on their foot, they can stop buying and find other websites.

3.2 Add a customer review section

A review widget is highly recommended on a product page so other customers can see others' feedback. With a review widget, there is a button to encourage customers to leave reviews. As I mentioned above, Loox and Yotpo are good. 

This is a good way to encourage customers to view more products because your store is proactively giving them more choices.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to you build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

This is some seriously awesome detailed feedback! 

This provides so much value! Will definitely implement most of the suggestions recommended by you @PageFly 

Really appreciate the thoughts and time put in to write this up 😄  

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 57 84

Hi EyeVault!

Ureno is a beautiful theme with sections ready. It also includes many modules with Shopify section supported which allows you to create stores at no additional cost.

You can check other premium themes as well that best suit your niche.

With regards to the homepage, use high quality slide show images.

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @EyeVault, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion-an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and must say you worked hard to make it live. Here are some inputs from my side:

Homepage recommended layout - The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this, top announcement bar, Slideshow banners, Collection List, Product Recommendations, product reviews, Newsletter sign up box, Blog Posts, Instagram Feed & footer.

- Product page- Add multiple product images on the product page.

AiTrillion_0-1620040205574.png

- Reviews/ Testimonials- Add review carousel or testimonials on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors. Also, add reviews on the product page.

- Add web push notifications- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

You need to increase engagement in your store which will capture your visitors and convert them into paying customers. Increasing engagement will help you to bring back visitors who bounced from your site and convert them which will also increase your customer retention 7 x times.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.