TONS of visitors with 1 sale...

Solved
dylanwilson
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help here.

I recently launched my store and right away I got 1 sale (I thought this was going to be great). However, since then I have made 0 sales. The ads I'm running are performing great with a CPC at $0.30, I have a few add to carts/initiate checkouts but just can't get a sale. I am getting 200-300 visitors/day (and paying for it). I have a lot of experience in the marketing world and am truly puzzled. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated!!

Here's my store: whetted.store

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @dylanwilson!  

Great job at creating a fantastic looking store! You need to be proud of the hard work you’ve put in and how much it shows.

First, a few easy fixes:

• Add a favicon
  • Link your announcement bar; it may be a good idea to change the color up to make it stand out more
  • Add value to your newsletter subscription form or remove it completely (that goes against your marketing background, I know)
  • Add shipping information, including an expected cost
  • Add in contact information, a contact form and a live chat
  • Though the text logo is fine, adding a developed logo would help here as well. 

I suggest looking at your site in two ways: 

1. Evaluate your traffic
  2. Evaluate your website

Because you’re getting traffic but no sales, I would take a step back and re-examine your target audience using visitor behavior. If you’re spending money attracting the wrong audience, you’re losing money.  This includes things like heatmaps (to see collectively where people click) and session recordings (to watch individual visits).

You can segment both of these features by source or utm parameters (if you utilized them in your campaigns). This will let you answer traffic-specific questions such as:

• What are people doing once they land on your website? How does this compare to organic traffic? 
  • How are they navigating around? Or are they not?
  • Do they spend anytime on your site at all? 

I would suggest using your dashboard to get into the finer details of your visitors. Do you have more visits from one device or source but more engagement from another? 

Now, this leads to your website. It’s very well done, but it’s missing a few steps in the funnel. You’re treating your store like a landing page - which on the surface is fine - but you’re missing the middle part of the funnel. 

I would look at:

• What information is missing? You go straight from a lead-in on the hero image to ordering. Is that enough information, or is more needed?
  • Are you getting the value propositions right? Do your visitors not know why they need a sharpener like this? By this I mean that you’re assuming everyone knows why knives should be sharpened. Bringing up something like you have at the bottom of the page (Less time sharpening knives and more time cooking), may be work testing. 

My suggestions:

• Use a heatmap to see where people are clicking and how they scroll. Since you’re using the landing page as a homepage, are people trying to find more information? How far do they scroll? 
  • Dive into session recordings to better understand what your visitors do once they land on your site. Do they bounce shortly thereafter? 
  • Run a poll that triggers after about 20 seconds. This will give them enough time to not be bombarded with pop-ups once they land on your site. Ask specifically what information they need to know before buying or what they are looking for today. 

Again, you’re on the right track. You have so many good things going on that it’s hard to nitpick. However, when you use visitor behavior, you can take it to the next level and really understand why visitors aren’t interested. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
AlphaGear
3 0 2

Hi! I hope you are doing well! 

The first thing I thought was that this looks very professional so that's good. I think the problem might be tat the shop now is low on the page and you only have one product. So maybe try putting ths different colors of the product as different products? I hope this helps!

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @dylanwilson!  

Great job at creating a fantastic looking store! You need to be proud of the hard work you’ve put in and how much it shows.

First, a few easy fixes:

• Add a favicon
  • Link your announcement bar; it may be a good idea to change the color up to make it stand out more
  • Add value to your newsletter subscription form or remove it completely (that goes against your marketing background, I know)
  • Add shipping information, including an expected cost
  • Add in contact information, a contact form and a live chat
  • Though the text logo is fine, adding a developed logo would help here as well. 

I suggest looking at your site in two ways: 

1. Evaluate your traffic
  2. Evaluate your website

Because you’re getting traffic but no sales, I would take a step back and re-examine your target audience using visitor behavior. If you’re spending money attracting the wrong audience, you’re losing money.  This includes things like heatmaps (to see collectively where people click) and session recordings (to watch individual visits).

You can segment both of these features by source or utm parameters (if you utilized them in your campaigns). This will let you answer traffic-specific questions such as:

• What are people doing once they land on your website? How does this compare to organic traffic? 
  • How are they navigating around? Or are they not?
  • Do they spend anytime on your site at all? 

I would suggest using your dashboard to get into the finer details of your visitors. Do you have more visits from one device or source but more engagement from another? 

Now, this leads to your website. It’s very well done, but it’s missing a few steps in the funnel. You’re treating your store like a landing page - which on the surface is fine - but you’re missing the middle part of the funnel. 

I would look at:

• What information is missing? You go straight from a lead-in on the hero image to ordering. Is that enough information, or is more needed?
  • Are you getting the value propositions right? Do your visitors not know why they need a sharpener like this? By this I mean that you’re assuming everyone knows why knives should be sharpened. Bringing up something like you have at the bottom of the page (Less time sharpening knives and more time cooking), may be work testing. 

My suggestions:

• Use a heatmap to see where people are clicking and how they scroll. Since you’re using the landing page as a homepage, are people trying to find more information? How far do they scroll? 
  • Dive into session recordings to better understand what your visitors do once they land on your site. Do they bounce shortly thereafter? 
  • Run a poll that triggers after about 20 seconds. This will give them enough time to not be bombarded with pop-ups once they land on your site. Ask specifically what information they need to know before buying or what they are looking for today. 

Again, you’re on the right track. You have so many good things going on that it’s hard to nitpick. However, when you use visitor behavior, you can take it to the next level and really understand why visitors aren’t interested. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
dylanwilson
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you for your feedback!

dylanwilson
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you so much for all your feedback! I am beginning to implement these things now!

Addyz
Pathfinder
191 4 23

Hi @dylanwilson 

After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.

Also, you have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.

You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.

There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.

I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite

This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails. 

If this is helpful please up vote the answer so that other merchants can get benefit from it too

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales