Too Many Abandoned Checkouts

Solved
Jayc1
Tourist
3 1 1

Hello! My store is getting a lot of ATC and checkouts... BUT People just enter their details and don't complete the order.
I tried a lot of things, like: Cart Recovery Emails, putting shipping times, removing bad looking texts like "Tax included, shipping calculated..", etc.
If you have any advice or personal experience, please help me (Even if they have nothing to do with my problem and/or want to give a general advice on the store).

This is the store.
(Better on mobile)

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Jayc1
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

First of all, thank you very much for the exhaustive answer @LuckyDanny .

• I tried adding Announcement bar but i it gives me the impression of a scam site. I don't know, maybe it just me..
  • I will add Currency Localization!
  • I will start giving value to my newsletter (Giving discount codes)
  • I will add tracking.
  • I will change every "Holo" text. Yours, is a very interesting point of view.
  • 90%+ of the visitors are from mobile. But i will try to get a cooler look from desktop too.
  • Like you said, i removed the products that had nothing to do with anime. The first 8 "buttons" are a list of all my collections. Just below is the custom lamp and my bestsellers.
    I didn't really get the message there, sorry about that (I am not English btw).
  • I will figure out how to get images from the checkout instead of emails.
  • You are right, I will fix that
  • Removed the non-anime collections!
  • I will add "bad" reviews

I installed Lucky Orange today, I haven't fully tested it yet but it seems very cool.
    I tried using heatmaps but it just sends me to the normal website page.
    I will try the poll too, i've already tried asking via email but it didn't help me.
    Live chat is a great idea, i've already tried some apps and i got along well with Tidio.
    I don't think I'll use lucky orange for chat, because I don't like its style. It has that classic dropshipping store look (If you know what i mean).

Thank you for the invitation but I have to decline, my English is not good enough to allow me to have discussions.
    Now I'll spend all night reading this "i will" list and working on the store. Thanks again for all these tips, you have been very helpful to me.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
220 26 95

Hello @Jayc1 

I honestly can't say this is not the coolest thing I have seen today.

If people are adding to cart and checking out, you're doing something right. people are interested.

I think the question should be why are they not paying?

Is the pricing too much?

Is your shipping process straightforward? It says free shipping on ATC but on checkout, it is showing 'calculated on next step'

This might be very obvious, but have you tested your checkout and payment processes to ensure everything is working as it should?

I hope you find this useful,

Good luck!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
Jayc1
Tourist
3 1 1

Thank you @collinsmbaka for responding and for the compliment!

I'll try to change the price, but it is the thing I want to avoid as much as possible.

I thought I had already removed that message, thanks for reporting it to me.

I think payments are working, i already got some orders and i tried to checkout with my credit card (Everything worked).

I'll try to do some more testing!

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Jayc1,

I feel your abandon cart issues could be for a number of reasons.

You mentioned you added in a shipping time recently, that is great. I'm not sure how recent this change was but not having that information could have been causing people to abandon cart so good job putting that information in. On that same note however, the shipping times may also be turning people off (if they feel it's too long).

You mentioned a few other changes you've made to the checkout recently so it could have been any number of those as well and perhaps those changes will pay off.

The other thing that may be causing people to abandon cart is the currency. There is no easy way for a person to see their conversion. For the currency conversion issue, we did a video showing you a recommended free app and how to install it:

The other thing I'd recommend is working on your store design and homepage setup. We did a video walking you through how to set things up for conversions:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @Jayc1!  

That’s frustrating when you put all the effort into a store but don’t see any of your hard work paying off. I would HIGHLY discourage you from simply removing or adding things because you see it may be an issue. Use visitor behavior to see for yourself what’s happening.

I’m talking about things like heatmaps to see where people are moving and clicking and session recordings to see how they move around your site. I also noticed you don’t have a live chat on your site, which is a missed opportunity to stop people with question on your site. 

First, things you’re missing:

• Announcement bar that’s LINKED and highlights you free shipping
  • Currency localization 
  • Any value to your newsletter
  • Links for tracking and shipping in the footer

Other things I found: 

• Don’t abbreviate to holo. If someone is brand new to holographics, they won’t know what you’re talking about. 
  • How are people coming to your site? You say it’s best on mobile, but if there are any people coming from desktop, you’re missing an opportunity. 
  • Expand your navigation by collection. I would include a Shop All and expand to your top 4-5 collections.
  • For your homepage, I am so confused. I thought it was only for anime at first, but that’s not the case. If I’m confused, you know visitors are confused. I would include all of your collections - or at least top collections - under the hero image rather than jumping into specific anime characters. In general, rethink how people use your page through heatmaps and session recordings. 
  • Custom holo ordering information: This is a major pain point for me. Is there a way to get them to upload the image directly into the ordering form rather than emailing you?
  • Main navigation: You absolutely have to expand on this. Right now it’s not helpful to get into any of your collections. Make it easier for people to see what you sell and jump into that collection page. Watch session recordings for more insight. 
  • Collection page: Again, you’re doing yourself a disservice here by mainly focusing on anime. If that’s your audience, GREAT! Take out the non-anime collections. 
  • Product page: Clean up the formatting. I know you imported the reviews, but you need to add some lower-rated reviews in there too to make it look more realistic. Very few customers only provide five-star reviews, and it raises a lot of red flags.

To sum it up, see why people aren’t converting and what’s stopping them. When you watch exactly what happened, you can more easily identify what you can do to make it easier for them. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

I just noticed after the fact that you already have Lucky Orange on your website. I apologize for missing that! Having Lucky Orange on your site gives you a huge advantage. 

With that in mind, a few other things I would look at as you get more and more data: 

• Heatmaps, to see where people are clicking on your homepage or the landing page you’re using for your paid advertising. Pay close attention to what they aren’t clicking on and how far they scroll. 
  • Segment your data by device. You mentioned it earlier that you think it looks better on mobile - put it to the test. See if it’s really the case and if most people are coming from mobile. Use your dashboard to see where people are coming from and which ones are more engaged. You can also segment by source and campaign (among other things). 
  • Run a poll asking “What stopped you from making a purchase today?” with options like price, ordering, shipping, etc. Have it show only after someone engages with your site.
  • Use live chat! It’s part of your Lucky Orange trial (and all plans). Auto invite will let you set up a trigger (i.e., spends more than 90 seconds on a page) that automatically sends a chat invite to them. It’s going to let you be proactive in stopping visitors before they leave. 

I know you just signed up and still getting used to Lucky Orange. As one of the co-founders, I want to personally invite you to take a 15-minute call with one of our team to answer your questions and help you get more from Lucky Orange. It’s not a sales pitch, and we aren’t going to upsell you on anything. It’s truly a 15-minute call for you to ask questions and for our team to help you get the most out of Lucky Orange.

I hope this helps even more. Let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with!

Cheers, Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Jayc1
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

First of all, thank you very much for the exhaustive answer @LuckyDanny .

• I tried adding Announcement bar but i it gives me the impression of a scam site. I don't know, maybe it just me..
  • I will add Currency Localization!
  • I will start giving value to my newsletter (Giving discount codes)
  • I will add tracking.
  • I will change every "Holo" text. Yours, is a very interesting point of view.
  • 90%+ of the visitors are from mobile. But i will try to get a cooler look from desktop too.
  • Like you said, i removed the products that had nothing to do with anime. The first 8 "buttons" are a list of all my collections. Just below is the custom lamp and my bestsellers.
    I didn't really get the message there, sorry about that (I am not English btw).
  • I will figure out how to get images from the checkout instead of emails.
  • You are right, I will fix that
  • Removed the non-anime collections!
  • I will add "bad" reviews

I installed Lucky Orange today, I haven't fully tested it yet but it seems very cool.
    I tried using heatmaps but it just sends me to the normal website page.
    I will try the poll too, i've already tried asking via email but it didn't help me.
    Live chat is a great idea, i've already tried some apps and i got along well with Tidio.
    I don't think I'll use lucky orange for chat, because I don't like its style. It has that classic dropshipping store look (If you know what i mean).

Thank you for the invitation but I have to decline, my English is not good enough to allow me to have discussions.
    Now I'll spend all night reading this "i will" list and working on the store. Thanks again for all these tips, you have been very helpful to me.
Addyz
Pathfinder
191 4 23

Hi, 

After review of you store, I will advise you to install some social proof apps on the store. Most of the buyers will not buy if they did not found the site authentic. For first time buyer's you have to win their trust and social proof are great way to achieve that.

Also, tou have not added any push notification app pan your store.Push notifications have high conversion rate. Most of the visitors just leaves after adding product to cart without purchasing it. Push notifications are great way to remind them of their abandoned cart and nudge them to complete the purchase.

You are really missing out with this core functionality which could easily recover some lost sales for you.

There are plenty of app on appstore which are offering push notification either for free or for very reasonable price.

I will recommend https://apps.shopify.com/cartbite

This one is offering abandoned cart ,back in stock and price drop notification on push and emails. 

If this is helpful please up vote the app so that other merchants can get benefit from it too

Addyz is ad optimization and automation platform for facebook and Instagram ads. Addyz allow store owners to create proven campaign strategies and branded catalogues to increase ad efficiency and boost sales