Traffic but no sales

atema12
1 0 0

I launched my store about two weeks ago and I have traffic but no one is purchasing and I don't know why. I'm starting feel discourage! can someone provide feedback please. www.activifyco.com

Replies 4 (4)
Growave
Shopify Partner
1538 50 434

Hi @atema12 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. Since you have traffic but no sales, it means customers don't find your store reliable enough to make purchase. Also, you are competing with not only other online stores but with huge offline retailers. Therefore, I would suggest to focus on building customer trust and social proof. Make sure you employ eCommerce marketing tools and features to your Shopify store. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it would be helpful for you.

• Expand product range

Add more products to your exisitng 5 selling items and provide a wider  choice to your visitors.

• Implement Social Login 

Attach Social Login buttons anywhere on your Shopify site and enable one-click sign-up or login to your online store. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. Gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

01.PNG

• Make Menu Sticky

Make your online shop more user-friendly by keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website. Right now, the menu bar on the head of the store disappears when the user scrolls down which is not convenient. 

• Add Reviews / Testimonials

I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Reviews are a vital part of an online store since credibility is a fundamental basis in any eCommerce. Testimonials have the ability to increase the confidence of new consumers, something essential to reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Also, you can add review widget next to your selling product for social proof.

• Add Referral Program

I recommend using a Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Encourage your customers to help grow your brand community using the referral program. The program reward both parties and increases traffic to your Shopify store.  

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard. Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. 

In order to install a free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
733 65 264

Hello @atema12 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make a sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customers to access menu at any time they want.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Add contact us page with more contact details, it builds trust on your store.

Organize footer section with minimizing empty space on it.

Promote your products on Facebook, Instagram and provide social Icons on the footer section.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There are no reviews on your products. Add product review app so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi, @atema12.

Thanks for your message and provided your store URL, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback. I really enjoyed taking a look through your shop, I really like your colour scheme, professional product images and easy-to-use menu system. It looks like you are also offering some great products for your customers. Traffic but no sales is actually a quite common scenario with online stores, however, there are steps you can take to determine why this might be happening and how to counteract it to achieve more sales. My first question would be, are you currently running and marketing/advertising for your store, utilizing Facebook, Instagram or Google ads for example? If so, I would love to hear more about what sort of techniques you are implementing to gain this current traffic. 

One thing I notice when perusing your homepage, was that there seems to be an add-to-cart button that appears at the bottom of your page, is this a design choice, and if so I would love to hear more about this idea and how it works with your homepage? If this is an error, I would suggest reaching out to your theme's developer or a Shopify Expert to take a look at re-positioning or removing this as it may confuse your customers. 

I recommend looking through this fantastic article that talks about this very topic and ways you can ensure your shop is set up to achieve both traffic and sales. It breaks down important questions you should be asking yourself about your shop and business such as:

1. Is your main navigation easy to use?
  2. Does your visual brand look professional?
  3. Does your homepage have a clear call to action?
  4. Does your website copy speak to your target audience?
  5. Does your business seem trustworthy?
  6. Are shoppers adding products to their cart?
  7. Are shoppers abandoning their cart?
  8. Is price or payment options stopping them from checking out?

You could also utilize a tool like Lucky Orange, which is a free application to actually view recordings of where your customers may be getting "stuck" in your shop. This app would not solve any issues, of course, however, it may give you visual evidence of, at which point customers might be leaving your shop or abandoning their carts. I also recommend checking out our, Make your first sale in 30 days article. This offers some great resources and ideas for generated targeted traffic to your shop and how to ensure you have optimized your store for sales.

It touches on:

Why targeted traffic is crucial for new stores

Paid advertising: Spending money to make money

Outreach: Connecting with existing audiences

I hope these resources help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DanBim
Shopify Partner
368 37 90

Hi @atema12,

You can try to add reviews for your products, may it can help you with sales because product reviews will provide visitors decisions to purchase, especially reviews with photos. You can try Ryviu app for free

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Want a reviews app? Ryviu - Aliexpress Reviews app - is a review app, with features to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy and Dhgate. Trusted by over 40.000+ merchants.