Traffic but no sales

Moonbeamproduct
2 0 0

Hi All,

I have recently started selling on Shopify, in one week I have had over a 1000 online sessions and received only 1 sale.

I am currently advertising on Facebook and Google.

Is there something wrong with my store?

I would appreciate any feedback. 

I've spent quite a lot of money getting started but not getting sales.

moonbeamproducts.co.uk 

Many thanks Chris 

Replies 5 (5)
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @Moonbeamproduct 

Congratulations on your store!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

• Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 35-45

moonspeed.png

• Improve your logo
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • Remove "Powered by Shopify" from footer and Add social profiles at footer
  • Show collection page
  • Product page layout needs to improve

Example:

• Need to do SEO
  • Highlight your USP and Add Trust Badge
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button,Sticky cart
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.
Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
989 103 164

Hey @

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I can see that you've received some amazing feedback on the front end experience.

I'm more interested in the product itself, and who your target audience is? What marketing research have you done to indicate who your key demographic for this product is? 

In relation to your marketing campaigns, can you give a little more insight on your approach? What behaviors and interests you identified in your target market? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Moonbeamproduct
2 0 0

Hi @Cal,

Thank you for your message. On researching the product on other websites like amazon I could see the products are popular. 

Because my store is relatively new I have ran engagement ads via Facebook ads to get noticed.

Since then I have ran Ads focused on Traffic, and website visits, page likes, Instagram as well.

I am running the Facebook pixel however I haven't sold enough items to get an idea on people I need to target. Advise would be appreciated.

I am very new to this and still learning. I seem to be putting a lot of money in and getting no return.

When creating ads I have put interest ULTA BEAUTY, FACIAL CLEANSER etc to target people of interests.

I chose these products as beauty is a popular industry. 

I feel I need some guidance on what I'm doing wrong.

Many thanks 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Moonbeamproduct, here are some suggestions:

- Add an engaging video of the product on the homepage

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

- Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
989 103 164

I'd suggest developing a comprehensive marketing plan. This will give you a strong indicator of what the best marketing strategy would be. I'd stop spending for now. 

Have you considered doing some influencer marketing initially, in order to test your product in front of a ready-made audience? If the results are strong, then you can use the demographic information of the influencer to determine that this is, in fact, your core audience for your product. If it fails, then you know the audience that you assumed would be your target audience are not interested in your product. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog