Traffic decreasing

Solved
Vanmeless
1 0 0

We launched our store on March 3rd and we were having some pretty good traffic the first two weeks. It has been steadily decreasing along with sales. Could you please give me an honest feedback on the store?

thanks, 

https://yaeorganicteas.com

Accepted Solutions (4)

Accepted Solutions
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
3775 748 786

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Vanmeless,

I love your niche products and your message. However, I have some recommendations to make your website become user-friendly as follows:

- You have a great notification bar so you should make use of it. Adding CTA like " learn more " or " Shop Now" which navigates the users to the corresponding collections best-selling products would be the good solution to boost your sales. 

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2021-03-26 lúc 10.37.37.png

- You should have a fixed menu bar that will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will 't have to scroll up and down again and again whenever they want to explore your website more.

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2021-03-26 lúc 10.37.48.png

- Product page: Add more pictures such as an image of a cup/ pot of tea, pouring the tea into a cup,... It would make your product more attractive.

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2021-03-26 lúc 10.38.43.png

- Blog: You should have the same size of thumbnail to make your website more professional.

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2021-03-26 lúc 10.38.14.png

Please hit like or mark as a solution if you find my comments helpful. Thanks and Good luck.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Have not had your Shopify store yet? Start the 14-day free trial HERE
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!

View solution in original post

Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
853 34 340

Hey, @Vanmeless!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

If your traffic is decreasing, this is more to do with your marketing than your store. What are you doing to drive traffic? How are you targeting potential customers? If you need some inspiration, this blog post has some great and cost-effective marketing ideas. I also recommend you take a look at this post which talks about defining your audience to ensure you're targeting the right people. If you're new to marketing, check out the free courses on Shopify Compass.

If you are getting less than 1000 visitors per month, you should focus on improving your marketing. If you are getting at least 1000 visitors but less than 2% of them are converting into sales, it is something about your site that is putting people off. You can use an app such as Lucky Orange to assess your customer's behaviour to see where you are going wrong.

That being said, I did take a look at your store and I have a few suggestions to improve it. First of all, you need a professional-looking logo to help establish your brand. You can find professional designers on the Shopify Experts marketplace or Fiverr. If you're trying to bootstrap your business, you can also design your own logo using a tool such as Canva or Hatchful.

I would put the slider image at the top, rather than having your featured collection up there:

21-03-ct2au-k4pfi

Try to ensure your blog post images are all the same shape or size to ensure the posts are aligned properly. The same rule applies to your product and collection images.

I do love the fact you have a blog. It's a great way to boost your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by bringing more organic traffic to your store. Make sure your content is unique. For blogging inspiration, check out 8 Brilliant Blogs Run by ECommerce Stores.

It's a good idea to have your social media links opening on a new browser tab. At the moment, they are taking people away from your store. If they leave, there's a good chance they won't go back. This guide explains how to fix that.

Proofread everything thoroughly to make sure there are no spelling or grammar mistakes. Ask a friend to help, it's easy to miss things when you've written it yourself. You can also use a tool such as Grammarly.

I like the fact you are using online chat. It's a convenient way for customers to get in touch. Make sure you are replying promptly so that customers will trust you will also be easy to get in touch with if they have an issue with their order. Your physical address or mailing address should be on your Contact page as well to make your business look less anonymous.

For more ideas on creating a professional and trustworthy store, check out this post.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2497 342 1665

Hi @Vanmeless,

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this article on how you can optimize your conversion rate of your homepage. 

I/ Homepage

1. Leave the Hero Banner on top. I was a bit confused when the first section of your store is Featured Collection. It would be more compelling to be welcomed with a nice hero banner and your store name. It'd be great to understand who you are before decide to buy from you. 

2. Make the Header and Free Shipping Banner sticky. As the search bar is in the Header, you can consider make it sticky so that customer can reach for it anytime they need to find anything. As well as the Promotion Banner for obvious reason, repetitive display of the offer will eventually push the visitors towards taking action. 

PageFly_0-1616744352062.png

3. Same styling for Product title. I notice that some Product Titles are capitalized 1st letter and some don't, this will create a sloppy preparation of your store content. And if possible, you can think of different names for the product and put the function in Product Description as they're a bit too frank. 

PageFly_1-1616744382852.png

4. Simplify CTA to 1 specific function. For example, instead of "Order some pungent peppermint", you can use "Add To Cart" or "Buy Now", this will enable you to use this CTA across the page (Product List) with the same action, which is encourage customers to buy the product. 

PageFly_2-1616744405836.png

5. Align Blog Posts. You can use images with same height or some simple codes to make it align.

PageFly_3-1616744440220.png

II/ Collection Page

1. Add Secondary Hover Image. This will help your customers understand more about the products regarding packaging, sizes.

2. Add ATC button for Product Lists. 

PageFly_4-1616744536465.png

3. Use Load More instead of PaginationThe majority of the merchants would prefer Pagination but the feature itself poses some difficulties if they want to compare 2 products from 2 pages. 

PageFly_5-1616744710054.png

Overall, this is a nicely put layout and you must've invested a lot of time and effort into this. If you need any changes, you can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting website. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Vanmeless, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- In the first fold of the homepage, add a banner image with a call to action button on it.

- Add a separate page of shipping policy in the footer menu.

- Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

Replies 5 (5)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
3775 748 786

Hi @Vanmeless,

I love your niche products and your message. However, I have some recommendations to make your website become user-friendly as follows:

- You have a great notification bar so you should make use of it. Adding CTA like " learn more " or " Shop Now" which navigates the users to the corresponding collections best-selling products would be the good solution to boost your sales. 

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2021-03-26 lúc 10.37.37.png

- You should have a fixed menu bar that will help users navigate to the other pages easily, and they will 't have to scroll up and down again and again whenever they want to explore your website more.

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2021-03-26 lúc 10.37.48.png

- Product page: Add more pictures such as an image of a cup/ pot of tea, pouring the tea into a cup,... It would make your product more attractive.

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2021-03-26 lúc 10.38.43.png

- Blog: You should have the same size of thumbnail to make your website more professional.

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2021-03-26 lúc 10.38.14.png

Please hit like or mark as a solution if you find my comments helpful. Thanks and Good luck.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Have not had your Shopify store yet? Start the 14-day free trial HERE
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Try our FREE DEMO now!
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
853 34 340

Hey, @Vanmeless!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

If your traffic is decreasing, this is more to do with your marketing than your store. What are you doing to drive traffic? How are you targeting potential customers? If you need some inspiration, this blog post has some great and cost-effective marketing ideas. I also recommend you take a look at this post which talks about defining your audience to ensure you're targeting the right people. If you're new to marketing, check out the free courses on Shopify Compass.

If you are getting less than 1000 visitors per month, you should focus on improving your marketing. If you are getting at least 1000 visitors but less than 2% of them are converting into sales, it is something about your site that is putting people off. You can use an app such as Lucky Orange to assess your customer's behaviour to see where you are going wrong.

That being said, I did take a look at your store and I have a few suggestions to improve it. First of all, you need a professional-looking logo to help establish your brand. You can find professional designers on the Shopify Experts marketplace or Fiverr. If you're trying to bootstrap your business, you can also design your own logo using a tool such as Canva or Hatchful.

I would put the slider image at the top, rather than having your featured collection up there:

21-03-ct2au-k4pfi

Try to ensure your blog post images are all the same shape or size to ensure the posts are aligned properly. The same rule applies to your product and collection images.

I do love the fact you have a blog. It's a great way to boost your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by bringing more organic traffic to your store. Make sure your content is unique. For blogging inspiration, check out 8 Brilliant Blogs Run by ECommerce Stores.

It's a good idea to have your social media links opening on a new browser tab. At the moment, they are taking people away from your store. If they leave, there's a good chance they won't go back. This guide explains how to fix that.

Proofread everything thoroughly to make sure there are no spelling or grammar mistakes. Ask a friend to help, it's easy to miss things when you've written it yourself. You can also use a tool such as Grammarly.

I like the fact you are using online chat. It's a convenient way for customers to get in touch. Make sure you are replying promptly so that customers will trust you will also be easy to get in touch with if they have an issue with their order. Your physical address or mailing address should be on your Contact page as well to make your business look less anonymous.

For more ideas on creating a professional and trustworthy store, check out this post.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2497 342 1665

Hi @Vanmeless,

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this article on how you can optimize your conversion rate of your homepage. 

I/ Homepage

1. Leave the Hero Banner on top. I was a bit confused when the first section of your store is Featured Collection. It would be more compelling to be welcomed with a nice hero banner and your store name. It'd be great to understand who you are before decide to buy from you. 

2. Make the Header and Free Shipping Banner sticky. As the search bar is in the Header, you can consider make it sticky so that customer can reach for it anytime they need to find anything. As well as the Promotion Banner for obvious reason, repetitive display of the offer will eventually push the visitors towards taking action. 

PageFly_0-1616744352062.png

3. Same styling for Product title. I notice that some Product Titles are capitalized 1st letter and some don't, this will create a sloppy preparation of your store content. And if possible, you can think of different names for the product and put the function in Product Description as they're a bit too frank. 

PageFly_1-1616744382852.png

4. Simplify CTA to 1 specific function. For example, instead of "Order some pungent peppermint", you can use "Add To Cart" or "Buy Now", this will enable you to use this CTA across the page (Product List) with the same action, which is encourage customers to buy the product. 

PageFly_2-1616744405836.png

5. Align Blog Posts. You can use images with same height or some simple codes to make it align.

PageFly_3-1616744440220.png

II/ Collection Page

1. Add Secondary Hover Image. This will help your customers understand more about the products regarding packaging, sizes.

2. Add ATC button for Product Lists. 

PageFly_4-1616744536465.png

3. Use Load More instead of PaginationThe majority of the merchants would prefer Pagination but the feature itself poses some difficulties if they want to compare 2 products from 2 pages. 

PageFly_5-1616744710054.png

Overall, this is a nicely put layout and you must've invested a lot of time and effort into this. If you need any changes, you can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting website. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best! 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Vanmeless, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- In the first fold of the homepage, add a banner image with a call to action button on it.

- Add a separate page of shipping policy in the footer menu.

- Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Vanmeless,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? Also, if you need a walkthrough of AiTrillion and need any help with setting up the features I will be happy to help! 

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks