Transfer domain from Siteground to Shopify error

Solved
LeondeCame
Explorer
48 1 13

Hello, 

I just transferred my domain from siteground to Shopify and delete my previous shop. But if I search on google for my shop link I always get this error: https://ibb.co/g99ZbGy 

How can I get my shop back live?

Thank you! 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
919 118 149

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @LeondeCame,

I'll be happy to help you out with this.

To avoid any interruption in service, you need to connect your domain to Shopify. If you don't connect your domain before you transfer it, then visitors to your domain might experience connection errors during the transfer process which is what I suspect is happening in your case. Can you confirm whether you have already connected your domain through Shopify?

The best way to tell whether the connect or transfer worked on your website will be to check and see if you have access to your domain settings via online store > domains > manage. If you are able to see your DNS settings this means you have transferred the domain to Shopify.

21-09-cetod-2qnqr

Error 1016: Origin DNS Error

Error 1016 indicates that Cloudflare cannot send a request to your server, because its original IP cannot be resolved via DNS. If the server can’t verify the origin IP address or origin hostnames, it can’t confirm that the connection is valid and secure. This throws the 1016 error code to warn you that your DNS records are out of whack.

To resolve error 106, make sure the original IP address can resolve through DNS. You can try the following:

1) Verify that the A record for your website points to a valid IP address.

• Point the A (@) record to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65

2) You have a CNAME record that points to an external domain

• Point the CNAME (www) record to shops.myshopify.com

Domain Transfer Guide

After you transfer your domain to Shopify, you no longer need to use the third-party domain service where you originally bought the domain! This will make everything much easier as all your domain settings will be in one place via your Shopify admin! Please ensure you have followed each step in our domain transfer guide below:

I also thought I'd mention that if you're not using a third-party email hosting service, like Zoho, you can still create an unlimited amount of forwarding email addresses with your custom domain name in Shopify. Any emails sent to these forwarding email addresses are directed to an existing email account, for example, Gmail or Outlook!

I do hope this helps! Let me know how you get on with the suggestions above and feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything further.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
919 118 149

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @LeondeCame,

I'll be happy to help you out with this.

To avoid any interruption in service, you need to connect your domain to Shopify. If you don't connect your domain before you transfer it, then visitors to your domain might experience connection errors during the transfer process which is what I suspect is happening in your case. Can you confirm whether you have already connected your domain through Shopify?

The best way to tell whether the connect or transfer worked on your website will be to check and see if you have access to your domain settings via online store > domains > manage. If you are able to see your DNS settings this means you have transferred the domain to Shopify.

21-09-cetod-2qnqr

Error 1016: Origin DNS Error

Error 1016 indicates that Cloudflare cannot send a request to your server, because its original IP cannot be resolved via DNS. If the server can’t verify the origin IP address or origin hostnames, it can’t confirm that the connection is valid and secure. This throws the 1016 error code to warn you that your DNS records are out of whack.

To resolve error 106, make sure the original IP address can resolve through DNS. You can try the following:

1) Verify that the A record for your website points to a valid IP address.

• Point the A (@) record to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65

2) You have a CNAME record that points to an external domain

• Point the CNAME (www) record to shops.myshopify.com

Domain Transfer Guide

After you transfer your domain to Shopify, you no longer need to use the third-party domain service where you originally bought the domain! This will make everything much easier as all your domain settings will be in one place via your Shopify admin! Please ensure you have followed each step in our domain transfer guide below:

I also thought I'd mention that if you're not using a third-party email hosting service, like Zoho, you can still create an unlimited amount of forwarding email addresses with your custom domain name in Shopify. Any emails sent to these forwarding email addresses are directed to an existing email account, for example, Gmail or Outlook!

I do hope this helps! Let me know how you get on with the suggestions above and feel free to let me know if I can clarify anything further.

LeondeCame
Explorer
48 1 13

Hello @Moira 

I looked at it but I have no idea if it is good or not. So here are some screenshots how my DNS-settings are now 

https://ibb.co/VqHkVGZ
https://ibb.co/tC4PWqP
https://ibb.co/Xj8QBsB

I hope that you can help me know with it. 

I also asked to some people ty to open my shop, and they can go to the shop. 

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
919 118 149

Thanks for the screenshots @LeondeCame,

Those DNS records are looking pretty good, you just need to make one small change! I suggest adjusting the A Record to Shopify's main IP address which is 23.227.38.65.

I have highlighted which record I am referring to below:

21-09-1w75u-50ohl

Once you have updated the A Record, you then need to ensure that this domain is set as your primary domain. Your primary domain is the domain name that's displayed in the address bar while customers browse your online store. Currently, I am able to access your website through your myshopifyURL (leon-de-came.myshopify.com) which is the default domain you created when you sign up for Shopify.

Please follow the steps below to ensure your new custom domain is set as your primary domain:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Domains.

• In the Primary domain section, click Change primary domain.

21-09-10rpv-ayl7p

• Select the domain that you want to set as your primary domain.

• Click Save.

The primary domain that you set is now displayed to customers who visit your online store.

For further guidance, I have attached our useful instructional help docs below:

TIP: Choosing a business name and purchasing a custom domain is one of the seven steps in this article on building a brand from scratch. I suggest having a read to see what other areas you could work on! Have you thought about designing a logo? It’s the face of your company and could potentially be everywhere that your brand exists.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.