FROM CACHE - en_header

User Access URLs

Solved
BaaBaa
Excursionist
15 1 4

I have a 'silly' question.
I note that Shopify creates a format "FirstWord-secondword-AU for example

Using my-web-site-au.myshopify.com for the site author to gain administrator access - agree?

For the live web site the mywebsite.com.au would be used by end users - agree?

This does not appear to be suitable as for me shopify adds a button "Edit home page" which allows all users full access?

So the question is what url should be use by those browsing.. OR
What do I have to do to hide the bottom line access point?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
747 97 136

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @BaaBaa.

No such thing as a silly question!

Just to confirm, what you're referring to as the bottom line access point is what's highlighted in the image below, correct?

25-24-awasb-457k6

If this is the case, this section only shows up when you're previewing your storefront on the same browser that you're also logged into your Shopify admin. So if you access your store from an incognito mode or a different browser that you're not logged into your Shopify admin, then you won't see the bottom bar on your screen. The bar is there to help store owners and staff members navigate to the Theme editor from within the storefront, but rest assured that visitors to your store won't be able to see it from their end.

In regards to your domain query, if you've added a custom domain to your store, then visitors will see this domain rather than your .myshopify.com URL. You're correct in saying that your store's .myshopify.com URL acts as an identification for your store, to be used by store owners and staff to access the store's Shopify admin. More information about this can be found on our help guide here.

Apart from this query, how are you getting on with your store?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

BaaBaa
Excursionist
15 1 4

thank you - much appreciated

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
747 97 136

Hi, @BaaBaa.

No such thing as a silly question!

Just to confirm, what you're referring to as the bottom line access point is what's highlighted in the image below, correct?

25-24-awasb-457k6

If this is the case, this section only shows up when you're previewing your storefront on the same browser that you're also logged into your Shopify admin. So if you access your store from an incognito mode or a different browser that you're not logged into your Shopify admin, then you won't see the bottom bar on your screen. The bar is there to help store owners and staff members navigate to the Theme editor from within the storefront, but rest assured that visitors to your store won't be able to see it from their end.

In regards to your domain query, if you've added a custom domain to your store, then visitors will see this domain rather than your .myshopify.com URL. You're correct in saying that your store's .myshopify.com URL acts as an identification for your store, to be used by store owners and staff to access the store's Shopify admin. More information about this can be found on our help guide here.

Apart from this query, how are you getting on with your store?

BaaBaa
Excursionist
15 1 4

thank you - much appreciated

Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
747 97 136

No worries, @BaaBaa.

Don't hesitate to reach back out on our Forums if there's anything else you need help with!