Users seem to freeze on home page

petzmart
1 0 0

Hi all,

I've had my site live for about a month now and really happy with the traffic (about 300 per week). I have Retter app that allows me to view recordings of site visits, and the trouble is that a good 90% of them seem to arrive at home page and not move at all, no scrolls no clicks for up to 10/15mins.

Is this that perhaps for privacy they've opted out of this tracking, am I just attracting bots or non genuine customers, or does my site have a move serious issue?

Any and all feedback welcome.

petz-mart.com if you wanted to check the site out for yourself

Replies 2 (2)
waytoapps
Navigator
483 41 196

Hello @petzmart 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a Favicon which helps to find your store when customer had multiple tabs in their browser.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Expand hero banner to full width, as it gives good impression when customer lands on the Homepage.

Add Shop Now(CTA) on the hero banner.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Update contact us page with more  contact details.

Add about us page on both header and footer sections.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1959 272 1453

Hi @petzmart ,

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants. 

I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Add favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

2. Have an announcement bar

Basically, the announcement bar will announce the information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store.

3. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

If your page is long, when you scroll down, there is no quick way to come back to your menu, especially on mobile. You do not have an anchor button to “Back to the top”, so it makes it very inconvenient for customers to go back to your menu and see other pages, products, etc.

PageFly_0-1635085680863.png4. Add more content on your homepage

4.1 Improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

4.2 Have a CTA button on the banner/ slideshow

PageFly_1-1635085983070.png

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

I found that you have few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in your hero banner, collection list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons) and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).

Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page.

4.3 Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

Besides, BFCM is coming. You can amplify your sales in the holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page. I found an article for you about third-party apps that are 07 Tools to Boost Your Conversion Rates and the best reviews app for your store.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark it as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.